Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?

Go down 
+17
LeeAnn
75senta75
schleich61
Bernyto
jarda
PeGe
skysthelimit
SommoDracorex
tyrantqueen
Admin
robertelephant
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
Philter4
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Roger
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? Empty
PostSubject: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:24 pm

I've found in a local shop a strange brand called Yolanda with many animals of different sizes, plastics or rubber. Some hard other not, not of a high quality but intersting for people who collects animals from various brands.
Zebras pandas or giraffes are from similar size to others!

I bought this lizard and I would like to know if someone knows anything about Yolanda and what lizard is this? Thanks!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:36 am

Congrats on your addition Roger, I've never heard of this brand either.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:43 am

Me either Shocked
I looks like a very nice lizzard. Maybe we will hear more about them in the future, - Torben, are they from the Far East ?

Congratulations, Roger ! flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks Harriet and Susanne! flower

Oh, the name of the lizard is in its belly!!! drunken No comments! silent
It's a girdle-tail lizard!
Anyway if anybody knows more about the brand, or have some to show... it will be nice!
Maybe Willy, the king of the brands diversity!!!:)
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 5:38 am

Girdle tailed lizards are from Africa, and the genus is Cordylus. Most of them are small, no more then 8 inches for most species but a few can grow more than a foot. They are common in the pet trade, and some are very expensive, sun gazers can cost several thousand dollars.

They are mostly desert lizards but a few are arborial (live in trees) and all of them eat insects and other small animals. If there is anything else you want to know just ask, I used to breed several species of them (including sun gazers) when I used to keep a lot of reptiles.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:04 am

Never heard about the Yolanda company, not even in the far east market confused
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:16 am

Nice model Roger!
It does look like a baby-croc too, haha. Laughing
I never heard of this brand too, but i googled it, and it seems to be a brand from Spain, Andalusia to be precise...
And as many newer brands, the producing in China of course...
But you have to search more for this, maybe you can find out yourself what this is... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 1:36 am

Philter4 wrote:
Girdle tailed lizards are from Africa, and the genus is Cordylus. Most of them are small, no more then 8 inches for most species but a few can grow more than a foot. They are common in the pet trade, and some are very expensive, sun gazers can cost several thousand dollars.

They are mostly desert lizards but a few are arborial (live in trees) and all of them eat insects and other small animals. If there is anything else you want to know just ask, I used to breed several species of them (including sun gazers) when I used to keep a lot of reptiles.

Extraordinary work Phill! Thanks for your description and I think your work with reptiles was very pleasant!
Do you think is possible to know which specific species is this girdle-tailed lizard?
Back to top Go down
robertelephant

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Yoland are I think the Portugese/spanish brand, I have a mandrill and a few others.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:14 pm

robertelephant wrote:
Yoland are I think the Portugese/spanish brand, I have a mandrill and a few others.

Thanks Robert... in the tag is written Spain. I think that is note portuguese but I'm starting to see it in portuguese shops... I've posted a new tread with a deer... :)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Country/State : NRW, Germany

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi friends,

i have made some investigation about Yolanda. Here is my result:

Yolanda was a producer from comic figures in the 80´and 90´. It seems they are fused with Comansi. Comansi is how i know no producer, only a distributor. The courious is that Comansi is a official partner from "Bullyland" Shocked

I found 2 catalogs from Comansi - Yolanda. I don´t know from which year. scratch

In the catalogs are very much animals, but all look familiar to me. Nearly all of them are by brand AAA. Most of them i have already.

Torben
Back to top Go down
https://sts-forum.forumieren.de
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Black leopards are nery nice hunters!cat
Nice work Torben!
Have you got this penguin? I buy all penguins even if they are bad figurines!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:26 pm

Amazing, wow !
You REALLY are the expert!!!! cheers
Where on earth did you find it ???

Lovely animals in that catalogue, thanks SO much for sharing I love you
flower
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Roger wrote:
Nice work Torben!

Roger,

do you know my penguin collection ?

and here are the penguins from the catalog and some others from AAA:

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:41 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Amazing, wow !
You REALLY are the expert!!!! cheers
Where on earth did you find it ???

Lovely animals in that catalogue, thanks SO much for sharing I love you
flower

That´s only a small part of the catalogue. When i have time i will send more photos.

P.S. I found them like you your Bullyland catalogues by our member "Smurfoli" cyclops
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Admin wrote:
That´s only a small part of the catalogue. When i have time i will send more photos.

P.S. I found them like you your Bullyland catalogues by our member "Smurfoli" cyclops

GREAT ! I will love to see more, - so Oli has all this also ??? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:47 am

[quote="Admin"]
Roger wrote:
Nice work Torben!

Roger,

do you know my penguin collection ?
Man!!! You have a lot of... penguins!!
This is a real convent school!!!!
I need to see from what congregation they are!!!
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:00 am

Thanks for the photos of the catalog, and what a nice display of the penguins.

As far as what species it is I don't know it looks to me like a cross between two different lizards, a girdled lizard and an alligator lizard so I couldn't tell you what it is. If I were to guess I would say it is an armadillo lizard, Cordylus cataphractus, but that would just be a guess.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 1:32 am

Philter4 wrote:
Thanks for the photos of the catalog, and what a nice display of the penguins.

As far as what species it is I don't know it looks to me like a cross between two different lizards, a girdled lizard and an alligator lizard so I couldn't tell you what it is. If I were to guess I would say it is an armadillo lizard, Cordylus cataphractus, but that would just be a guess.

Thanks Phill! Seeing some photos I think your guess is right! Finally I have an armadillo!drunken Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 4:46 am

Great new discoveries here! cheers
So this brand has relations with some known brands again...
That is nothing new as we know now, because they tend to work together in a lot of cases.
The models are exactly like the AAA models, so made under license again i guess.
Those boys from China did some good business over the years, which doesn't surprise me at all! Rolling Eyes

By the way, great penguin-collection my friend Torben! cheers
I would love to see more of those catalogues of course!
We can't see enough of those, as we need them to find our models and brands we don't know.

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:19 am

Admin wrote:
Hi friends,

i have made some investigation about Yolanda. Here is my result:

Yolanda was a producer from comic figures in the 80´and 90´. It seems they are fused with Comansi. Comansi is how i know no producer, only a distributor. The courious is that Comansi is a official partner from "Bullyland" Shocked

I found 2 catalogs from Comansi - Yolanda. I don´t know from which year. scratch

In the catalogs are very much animals, but all look familiar to me. Nearly all of them are by brand AAA. Most of them i have already.

Torben
I want that Anole lizard Embarassed I wish AAA were easier to find in my country. Does anyone know where I could get it, or have one for sale?
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:37 am

Hi TQ(sorry, we are used to put our own name under out treads around here).

AAA is to be found everywhere to my surprise, you would be wondered how many of them you can find in the UK to, just visit flea-markets and carboot sales and so on, you will find some of them...
I do have the gurdletail lizard from this series thanks to Rogerio.
Some of the AAA/Yolanda models are great, others are just to playfull, or even arkward.
I have many AAA's in my collection(link under my treads).

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 6:58 am

This pic is really cruel ... I would love to catch the wildebeest drunken drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:09 am

Me to, but i don't understand why many manufacturers make wildebeasts/gnu's in the colour grey, as they are mostly a shade of brown??? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:52 am

Interesting that this topic was brought back! Very Happy
I remember seeing some of these figures in local shops. I am not a big enthusiast of them but I'll let you know if I find anything more. Some of the shops selling Yolanda with Schleich are already closed but I suspect I still know one in Lisbon selling them.

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? Empty

Back to top Go down

YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next