Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26)

Go down 
+14
LukaLeon085
Kikimalou
Carola
schleichsammler2008
Roger
arafan
scot(t)
Douglas Mortimer
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
donny ong
SUSANNE
widukind
bojan
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dr.jones

Country/State : Italy

2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26)   2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Thanks Bryan..:)i'll keep them in mind (also i like from the picture i've seen all the 2014 releases!)!
Back to top Go down
dr.jones

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26)   2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:06 pm

And thanks for the answer to the other guys and girls too!:)
Back to top Go down
dr.jones

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26)   2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 7:18 pm

By the way the figure is wonderful..just received today, and i ran immediately to learn more about George and the Galàpagos tortoises..:) i want to add the Scleich ones to my collection but having looked at many pics now i can't say which particular subspecies (many islands many subspecies,sometime even more subsp. in just one island [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )  they portray .I'm pretty sure they are Galapagos islands tortoises..the Papo giant tortoise seems an Aldabra by the way.They are similar but the Aldabra are from the indian ocean, while the Galàpagos originate from the south american tortoise (it's smaller)..so it could be really kind from the brands managers to indicate what type of Tortoise is portrayed..it's like producing a Rhinoceros and calling it Rhinoceros without the indication of the subspecies..XD sorry for my rant!You are wonderful ..:)i'm really enjoying myself here!:)
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26)   2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 8:08 pm

dr.jones wrote:
By the way the figure is wonderful..just received today, and i ran immediately to learn more about George and the Galàpagos tortoises..:) i want to add the Scleich ones to my collection but having looked at many pics now i can't say which particular subspecies (many islands many subspecies,sometime even more subsp. in just one island [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  )  they portray .I'm pretty sure they are Galapagos islands tortoises..the Papo giant tortoise seems an Aldabra by the way.They are similar but the Aldabra are from the indian ocean, while the Galàpagos originate from the south american tortoise (it's smaller)..so it could be really kind from the brands managers to indicate what type of Tortoise is portrayed..it's like producing a Rhinoceros and calling it Rhinoceros without the indication of the subspecies..XD sorry for my rant!You are wonderful ..:)i'm really enjoying myself here!:)
Congratulations! Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26)   2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

2013 Pinta Island Tortoise walkaround ( pics added on june 26)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2