Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???

Go down 
+47
sauroid
SommoDracorex
Ana
skysthelimit
Numa
Gulogulo76
Titwen
black unicorn
Bongo
posttenebraslux
nyarlahotep
shadoweon
Silver Unicornis
ReinbowSchleich
Shardur
Deseo
Elros Alvar
Rio
arafan
ze_neto
Taos
JonasV
orcagirl26
aaronaardvark
Roger
Juan Andrés
pm64
PeGe
Takama
Saarlooswolfhound
MartinH
lucky luke
A-J
Carola
Kikimalou
MARTINLATIN
donny ong
weaselfan93
ezhilan
widukind
CharolaisStudios
Sumo
bojan
Florian
trevok4
SUSANNE
SeanieP
51 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Oct - 11:36

Loving all the suggestions folks.  Everyone is selecting super exotic species that I don't even see on wishlists for other brands such as Bullyland or Safari!   Such high expectations.  I hope CollectA doesn't disappoint you this year.  Some models are still in the last minute stages of finalisation.  This year has been so busy and unfortunately some animals did not make it and will be put back another year.......announcements are still a while off yet but hold tight and I am sure many of you will be pleasantly surprised.  I will give you all one clue - only one bird species made it through this year and no other brand has made it yet (the main current brands that is)........hopefully more birds next year! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Oct - 11:51

Numaan wrote:
only one bird species made it through this year and no other brand has made it yet (the main current brands that is)........hopefully more birds  next year! Very Happy Very Happy
Any bird of CollectA is a good news...

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Oct - 11:56

skysthelimit wrote:
Numaan wrote:
only one bird species made it through this year and no other brand has made it yet (the main current brands that is)........hopefully more birds  next year! Very Happy Very Happy
oh please I hope it's cassowary, it's too beautiful species to be all the time absent in major brands range.

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Oct - 12:09

Any clues about equines? Pretty please! What a Face bounce 

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Oct - 17:42

Numaan wrote:
Loving all the suggestions folks.  Everyone is selecting super exotic species that I don't even see on wishlists for other brands such as Bullyland or Safari!   Such high expectations.  I hope CollectA doesn't disappoint you this year.  Some models are still in the last minute stages of finalisation.  This year has been so busy and unfortunately some animals did not make it and will be put back another year.......announcements are still a while off yet but hold tight and I am sure many of you will be pleasantly surprised.  I will give you all one clue - only one bird species made it through this year and no other brand has made it yet (the main current brands that is)........hopefully more birds  next year! Very Happy Very Happy
Fantastic! Among all fantastic releases of this year, my only "complaint", was that it was missing a bird. I really love all CollectA birds, even chickens I find nice. Very Happy
I believe Ana guessed it although a secretary would fit better your style, I guess! Laughing

Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Oct - 18:18

Ok another clue. This bird has two legs.....
Back to top Go down
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Oct - 19:21

Dont all birds have two legs?

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Oct - 3:05

Numaan wrote:
That fact makes it a lot easier Very Happy

Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Oct - 3:09

skysthelimit wrote:
Numaan wrote:
Hehe I am just teasing, I honestly cannot reveal anything at this stage until CollectA are ready but I promise you it will be worth the wait. Given that the most surprising Safari Ltd item for me is the 2014 Anhinga bird then you will be equally overjoyed at the CollectA one.

Will reveal all as soon as I can. Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Oct - 3:38

Ana wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
Numaan wrote:
oh please I hope it's cassowary, it's too beautiful species to be all the time absent in major brands range.
Applause Applause Applause bounce bounce drunken sunny 
Back to top Go down
ze_neto

ze_neto

Country/State : Brasil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Oct - 3:43

Numaan wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
Numaan wrote:
Hehe I am just teasing, I honestly cannot reveal anything at this stage until CollectA are ready but I promise you it will be worth the wait.  Given that the most surprising Safari Ltd item for me is the 2014 Anhinga bird then you will be equally overjoyed at the CollectA one.  

Will reveal all as soon as I can. Very Happy Very Happy 
My friend, at this point Collecta has become my favorite brand. So, I'm sure the wait is worthy!

Even the saints have been known to employ comedy to ridicule the enemies of the faith. For example, when the pagans plunged Saint Maurus into the boiling water, he complained that his bath was cold. The Sultan put his hand in and scalded himself. William de Baskerville.
Back to top Go down
bojan

Country/State : slovenia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Oct - 9:38

Better one bird than none. My guess is the SHOEBILL!

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Oct - 10:47

Hi Numaan, can you tell us at least the approximate number of 2014's new figures and some irrelevant clues as "Is an animal that you love so much" or "There's a gray animal and a purple one"? The wait is overwhelming.
lol! lol!

Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Oct - 17:08

Here are some facts and clues:

1. A very rare wild cat species was being finalised but due to time it has now been put on hold and will be released in 2015

2. CollectA may be heading towards an interest in botany......

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy  A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns..... Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!! But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Oct - 19:34

Numaan wrote:

1. A very rare wild cat species was being finalised but due to time it has now been put on hold and will be released in 2015

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy   A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!!  But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

1. I hope it's a marbled cat.
2. Perhaps some flowers, or some fruits?
3. I hope there would be a greater kudu and an Asian water buffalo, but my guess is a bongo.

Not as big as last year? How unfortunate. Doe sit mean less than 50 items?

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Oct - 7:50

Numaan wrote:

3. We have a high interest in Hoofed Mammals.....Very Happy Very Happy   A few are coming out that have NEVER been created by any of the major brands before (I cannot speak for older brands such as Lineol, starlux as I dont know much about them) but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 

On enough clues for now! You will all get me into trouble!!!!  But your excitement, anticipation and hopes will somewhat be satisfied with this year's line up although not as big as last year's unfortunately due to time pressures....

OK, Numaan, about the hoofed animal you don't need to tell more, it is evident that it is a water buffalo what makes me really ahppy. Maybe the most waited animal these days! bounce bounce bounce
Incredible, reading these new comments, my conviction about the bird now is going towards a frigatbird or a cormorant. But my guesses for a bird will stop although I am very glad CollectA decided to make a specimen with two legs. tongue

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Oct - 8:06

Can't wait to see what they'll release! Hopefully that's soon.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Oct - 11:28

Hopefully there's more sealife than just the bowhead whale and pygmy sperm whale.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Oct - 16:24

Roger wrote:
Numaan wrote:

but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns.....  Very Happy 

OK, Numaan, about the hoofed animal you don't need to tell more, it is evident that it is a water buffalo what makes me really happy.
Hi Roger

Who said anything about a Buffalo? there are many other species that fit my vague description :-)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Oct - 16:54

Numaan wrote:
Roger wrote:
Numaan wrote:

but there is a BIG highlight in the wildlife range which will definitely please many fans.....all I can say is big body, big horns..... Very Happy

OK, Numaan, about the hoofed animal you don't need to tell more, it is evident that it is a water buffalo what makes me really happy.
Hi Roger

Who said anything about a Buffalo? there are many other species that fit my vague description :-)
OK, Numaan, I know something with large horns and body is a very vague thing. I know also that you cannot share yet exactly what it is with us. Though, you must know that I have a special ability to guess! :study:Want proof? So get this one... this bull has 4 legs!!! bom Contradict me now if you can! Laughing Wink Very Happy Very Happy

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Oct - 19:42

Second thought, I think Roger is right, it's an Asian water buffalo. I was distracted by Numaan's statement about "never been created by any of the major brands".
But I still hope for a greater kudu.

Back to top Go down
posttenebraslux

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Oct - 1:08

Hey Numaan, I was hoping you could clear something up for me. I asked Collecta a question on their facebook page which I will quote to give you context for the answer that they gave. I said, " I was curious if you could reveal the number of wildlife models you'll be releasing for 2014, or if that will also have to wait for November? I had heard that you had originally planned to release around 27 in 2013, but had to cut that number in half for economic reasons. Will 2014 be back in the range of 27 models, or will it contain around the same number as this years line? Thanks for all your great work!"

They replied, "We dont cut anything! You will be amazed with all the new items! Anyway, we will release in Nov, as usual. Thanks for your support."

Their answer to my question regarding the number of models that will be released this year suggested to me that they would be releasing more models in 2014 then they did in 2013. However, you seemed to indicate in a previous post that there would be fewer models released in 2014 then there were this year. I was just hoping you could help to clear up the apparent discrepancy between your statement and their answer to my question. Thanks!

And for any collectors who don't visit the Collecta facebook page, they specifically mentioned, in response to a fellow posting a picture of his North American Collecta models, that there are " [m]ore North Americans to come" in 2014. Just another bit of info as to what Collecta has planned for 2014.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Oct - 11:40

Roger wrote:
know also that you cannot share yet exactly what it is with us. Though, you must know that I have a special ability to guess! :study:Want proof? So get this one... this bull has 4 legs!!!  bom Contradict me now if you can! LaughingWinkVery Happy:D
ha! you are a cheeky chappy, I love it! And yes I do think in general you have a very good ability to guess because you manage to stay on top of the general trend, much more than I can ever hope to attempt. Very Happy  I promise to let you all know as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Oct - 12:04

posttenebraslux wrote:
Hey Numaan, I was hoping you could clear something up for me. I asked Collecta a question on their facebook page which I will quote to give you context for the answer that they gave. I said, " I was curious if you could reveal the number of wildlife models you'll be releasing for 2014, or if that will also have to wait for November? I had heard that you had originally planned to release around 27 in 2013, but had to cut that number in half for economic reasons. Will 2014 be back in the range of 27 models, or will it contain around the same number as this years line? Thanks for all your great work!"

They replied, "We dont cut anything! You will be amazed with all the new items! Anyway, we will release in Nov, as usual. Thanks for your support."

Their answer to my question regarding the number of models that will be released this year suggested to me that they would be releasing more models in 2014 then they did in 2013. However, you seemed to indicate in a previous post that there would be fewer models released in 2014 then there were this year. I was just hoping you could help to clear up the apparent discrepancy between your statement and their answer to my question. Thanks!

And for any collectors who don't visit the Collecta facebook page, they specifically mentioned, in response to a fellow posting a picture of his North American Collecta models, that there are " [m]ore North Americans to come" in 2014. Just another bit of info as to what Collecta has planned for 2014.
Hi there

No one really knows how many models overall will be released across the entire CollectA range if this question is asked earlier in the year. It is only really known right at the end - the reason is simple - an ambitious list is drawn up towards the end of 2012 and work is then started on each model a few at a time. There sculpting team is not huge and there only so many models that a sculptor can work on at the same time. Slowly as the year progresses models are signed off one by one but then there are some that just dont make it in time and then these are rolled over to the next year. Different teams in CollectA are responsible for different ranges and so to give an overall estimation is very difficult. Personally I know about the wildlife range and some of the sea life. I dont have an interest in any of the other ranges and am not involved in their design and so I dont ask and find out the same time as everyone else. SO back to the wildlife range - a large list was drawn up but unfortunately some have been put on hold for the next year. The last few models are now almost complete so no one can be 100% certain that the original intended number of models will make it through.

So if CollectA have said that more models will be released in 2014 across the entire range then they are correct but I would not be aware of this because I have no idea about what other models are being made - I express no interest in this so please accept my apologies if I could not answer your question. For the wildlife I hoped we could release around 26 different species but unfortunately due to time pressures this is looking likely to be between 15-20 potential new models and approx 10 I know are brand new species never created by a major brand (by major I mean Papo, Schleich, Bullyland, Mojo and Safari).

I hope this helps. I may have waffled on and forgot to answer your original question, sorry!

All I can reiterate is that our forum is important to CollectA and I am grateful that they read our comments and listen to us and take the creation of new species very seriously in comparison to other Major brands that I have come across. The more successful the wildlife models become the more CollectA is willing to create unusual species.

Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Oct - 13:08

Numaan wrote:

Thank you Numaan for all this nice informations! cheers

1. It's maybe a pallas's cat or a asian gold cat? Very Happy

2. A corpse plant would be nice! Smile

3. That's a difficult maybe Bongo?

And the bird I hope for a Kagu, a cossowary or a Kakapo

PostSubject: Re: CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???   CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see??? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA Wish List for 2014- What do you want to see???
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next