Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator

Go down 
+12
donny ong
Saarlooswolfhound
Kikimalou
Sergey
widukind
LukaLeon085
arafan
Florian
Juan Andrés
trevok4
blackdanter
Numa
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator    CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:35 pm

Aaaargh no more items until early Nov why dear CollectA?
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator    CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 4:55 pm

The Ichthyovenator is an aesthetically pleasing figurine for sure, but I'm slightly bothered by the fact that he'd scarcely be able to stand statically like that with his supporting legs set even and so far back. The weight distribution just wouldn't work; the tail, even if of sheer muscle, tendon and bone, isn't hefty enough to counterbalance his forequarters, especially not with the presumed guts sliding forwards towards his chest cavity as he bows down. It's just a biomechanical quibble, sure, but one that niggles me.

Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator    CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 9:04 pm

koniminiatures wrote:
The Ichthyovenator is an aesthetically pleasing figurine for sure, but I'm slightly bothered by the fact that he'd scarcely be able to stand statically like that with his supporting legs set even and so far back. The weight distribution just wouldn't work; the tail, even if of sheer muscle, tendon and bone, isn't hefty enough to counterbalance his forequarters, especially not with the presumed guts sliding forwards towards his chest cavity as he bows down. It's just a biomechanical quibble, sure, but one that niggles me.

Everything Dinosaur says the model will have a base and that CollectA is working on it actually.
They also says that the prototype stands quite well
Back to top Go down
koniminiatures

koniminiatures

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator    CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm sure it'll be made stand by external aids, yes - but I was talking about the biomechanics of the animal the figurine models. If the model were an actual animal, it would not be able to sustain that static pose without falling on its face.

Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator    CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 11:02 pm

I predict CollectA will release another weird,recently discovered,exotic dinos in 2014.Let's see what happens.Rolling Eyes 
I suggested them a Deluxe Allosaurus,a Deluxe Balaur and Yutyrannus,so if that happens,you could thank me lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator    CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2014 - Sneak Preview Photo: Ichthyovenator
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2