Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2

Go down 
+18
LeeAnn
LukaLeon085
arafan
Kiryuha
lucky luke
QuollMate
Numa
ken yeo
Taos
AlopexLagopus
Kikimalou
Gulogulo76
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
skysthelimit
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:00 pm

A little Facebook contest was made by Safari Ltd, and we won a toob of our choice. Of course, we've chosen Backyard birds toob, here are the photos of little beauties. Thanks again Safari  cheers

Warbler
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Woodpecker

Cardinal

Blue Jay

Robin

Indigo Bunting

Oriole

Here's a group photo with AoA Blue Wren, to compare the sizes, they look very nice together...

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm

Big congratulations Robert cheers cheers cheers cheers This birds are also a must have for my in this year Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:21 pm

They are absolutely gorgeous, I LOVE them !!!! WOW cheers
The size is great, - they are larger than most toobs, aren`t they ?

Congratulations with winning these beauties, and even before they ar on the market cheers

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:46 pm

widukind wrote:
Big congratulations Robert cheers cheers cheers cheers This birds are also a must have for my in this year Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks Andreas, I was really looking forward to see the birdies at last...

SUSANNE wrote:
They are absolutely gorgeous, I LOVE them !!!! WOW cheers
The size is great, - they are larger than most toobs, aren`t they ?

Congratulations with winning these beauties, and even before they ar on the market cheers
Thanks Susanne, I don't know the sizes of other toob animals, this is our first one Very Happy
Actually, I think the are available in USA Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:53 am

Great to see your close ups of these birdies. Very Happy
I like when toob figures represent small animals. These birds are a good example. I like them, maybe they can join my collection! scratch Congratulations! Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:13 am

They are GREAT! Congrats.
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 am

Great!!! Wonderful newcomers!!! cheers
Congratulations Robert Very Happy I thinks this tube is really a great set bounce

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Gulogulo76

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Beautiful birdies! Tweet tweet! Congratulations! I've been really considering purchasing this toob myself. I do believe it's going to happen now for sure! :3
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 am

Congratulation Robert, you have a very good set Very Happy

The painting is not as good as a KAIYODO or a AoA but they are still very fine and the size is also perfect for me... More money to find I guess Wink
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Thanks everybody Very Happy
I forgot to mention, this also arrived - Safari Ltd bag and A4 2013 Catalog - 250 pages of joy Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:19 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Thanks everybody Very Happy
I forgot to mention, this also arrived - Safari Ltd bag and A4 2013 Catalog - 250 pages of joy Wink

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 6:23 pm

:) Fantastic addition!

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Great additions!! Sad(o)): Sad(o)):
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 4:59 pm

I agreed that the paint job is not as good as kaiyodo. So I skip this?

Or maybe buy....

Gulogulo76

Country/State : Oklahoma, USA

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:16 am

My sister ordered these for me online. They should be arriving any day now, and when they do, I'll photograph them outdoors and put the photos on my photobucket for all to see. I like them. If they seem too dull or unfinished as far as paint goes, I can always "touch them up" with my paintbrush! Looking forward to getting these birdies! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:50 am

I would love to see photos of these birds alongside some general schleich or safari models just to see the size difference please.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:08 am

Which Schleich or Safari?

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:18 pm

Numaan wrote:
I would love to see photos of these birds alongside some general schleich or safari models just to see the size difference please.
Sorry, batteries are on the charger, but they are roughly the same size as Schleich Budgies

QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 6:05 am

I when mine arrived today they looked a little rubbed up but immediately improved after a Sharpie touch up.They are very cute and nice.Right before bed they were having a tea party. Very Happy

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 8:59 am

QuollMate wrote:
......They are very cute and nice.Right before bed they were having a tea party. Very Happy

cheers How wonderful ! Little birdies LOVE tea parties before bedtime Applause Applause cheers 

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 3:45 pm

widukind wrote:
Big congratulations Robert  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  This birds are also a must have for my in this year  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

cheers Applause bounce bounce drunken sunny 
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 5:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
QuollMate wrote:
......They are very cute and nice.Right before bed they were having a tea party. Very Happy

cheers How wonderful ! Little birdies LOVE tea parties before bedtime Applause Applause cheers 

Hah thanks Susan! I play imaginary stuff with my animals.Im a very tactile person and they help me learn.I just love the cardinal!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 10:18 pm

QuollMate wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
QuollMate wrote:

Hah thanks Susan! I play imaginary stuff with my animals.Im a very tactile person and they help me learn.I just love the cardinal!

I love the cardinal too Very Happy And the blue jay cheers 

QuollMate

QuollMate

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 12:13 am

Yea the blue jay is pretty we have many different subspecies of them here.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Safari Backyard Birds: comparison photos   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Hello, everyone!
Robert has already [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of Safari Backyard Birds toob - to my mind, the best Safari Ltd. product of 2013. Now I'd like to share some comparison pics of these birds for you to see their scale.

At first, here are they against Safari fir trees:

"Wings of the World" composition (or group portrait?) featuring my Safari aviary:

And here are my Safari birds set according to their height ("By twos, count off!"):

I don't compare these birds with mammal figurines as they're are in another scale - a yellow warbler is as large as a wolf pup or deer fawn. So they fit well on their own, or next to some other bird figurines like Bullyland eagles or Schleich storks.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next