Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2

Go down 
+18
LeeAnn
LukaLeon085
arafan
Kiryuha
lucky luke
QuollMate
Numa
ken yeo
Taos
AlopexLagopus
Kikimalou
Gulogulo76
Ana
Saarlooswolfhound
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
skysthelimit
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Thanks for the pics!! This birds are really must haves!! Congratulations cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 3:24 pm

Thank you for the nice pictures! Very Happy Congratulatuins cheers
They are really beautiful! Applause 

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Congrats

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 4:25 pm

WONDERFUL comparisons !!!
Very good idea, and great topic, thankyou very much ! Very Happy 

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 4:32 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Hello, everyone!
Robert has already [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] of Safari Backyard Birds toob - to my mind, the best Safari Ltd. product of 2013. Now I'd like to share some comparison pics of these birds for you to see their scale.

At first, here are they against Safari fir trees:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Wings of the World" composition (or group portrait?) featuring my Safari aviary:

And here are my Safari birds set according to their height ("By twos, count off!"):

I don't compare these birds with mammal figurines as they're are in another scale - a yellow warbler is as large as a wolf pup or deer fawn. So they fit well on their own, or next to some other bird figurines like Bullyland eagles or Schleich storks.
are there the names of birds for each toob bird? thank you cheers 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 5:38 pm

LukaLeon085 wrote:
Pileated woodpecker, indigo bunting, American robin, Baltimore oriole, prairie warbler, northern cardinal, and blue jay. Very Happy I don't know if it's on the tube as I don't collect Safari, but those are the common names of the birds. sunny 

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Nice collection of birds. I I love you the 2013 birds toob. Congrats.cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
LukaLeon085 wrote:
Pileated woodpecker, indigo bunting, American robin, Baltimore oriole, prairie warbler, northern cardinal, and blue jay. :DI don't know if it's on the tube as I don't collect Safari, but those are the common names of the birds. sunny 
thank you cheers 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 10:04 pm

LukaLeon085 wrote:
thank you cheers 
Glad to help. Smile

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 11:08 pm

For anyone interested, the birds in this TOOB are mostly scaled 1:2 to 1:3, except I believe for the Pileated Woodpecker, which is 1:3 to 1:4. The Indigo Bunting and the Yellow Warbler are each closer to 1:2, while the remaining birds are all close to 1:3.

For comparison, the Wings of the World Great Horned Owl, Snowy Owl, and Bald Eagle are all approximately 1:8 to 1:10; the WotW Flamingo is 1:14 to 1:18 (actually, somone may want to check that, because I'm doing this from memory, and I may not be remembering that one correctly. I'm sure about all the rest, though :) ). The WotW Hyacinth Macaw is approximately 1:7 to 1:8.

So, in reality, none of the the Backyard TOOB birds would be in scale with the Wings of the World birds; however, they are in scale with mammal figures like the new Mojo Stoat (scale approximately 1:2 to 1:5), Schleich and Mojo Red Squirrels (both around 1:3) and the Wild Safari North American Wildlife Gray Squirrel (again, approximately 1:3).

Just in case anyone is interested. I know a lot of people don't really care about scale, but sometimes it's nice to be able to see how one animal would compare to another in reality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 11:08 pm

Beautiful collection of birds! Congrats! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:31 am

Very beautiful pictures and great comparisons! Very Happy
I suppose Kiril is not saying that they're in scale and that can work correctly in a diorama, but probably that they work nicely displayed together. These birds are very wonderful but represent mostly, very small species. I think the idea of Safari is very good, these little animals are nice to make toob sized due to their size and diversity. Also the colorful animals are those that fit better with Safari style of painting. Very Happy
I suggested large river fishes to Safari on their FB page because I am collecting large fishes in toob size, though, I must admit that if the brand make small fishes it works better. Very Happy
Thanks Kiril for opening such an interesting topic. Very Happy

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:50 pm

I'm glad you liked it, friends!
LukaLeon085 wrote:
There are names and individual pics in Robert's post, I gave the link above.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Pileated woodpecker, indigo bunting, American robin, Baltimore oriole, prairie warbler, northern cardinal, and blue jay. :DI don't know if it's on the tube as I don't collect Safari, but those are the common names of the birds. sunny 
Wow, you guessed the species!
I couldn't guess no one except the woodpecker... Maybe these birds are so common in N. America?
By the way, thank you for specifying the oriole's species. It says just simply "Oriole" on the figurine itself, and it surprised me as I know that an oriole looks different:

So it's a Baltimore oriole in the toob!

P.S.: the warbler is called Yellow, not Prairie.

sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:48 am

Kiryuha wrote:
Maybe these birds are so common in N. America?

Yes, these are mostly very common birds over much of North America. The Yellow Warbler, Pileated Woodpecker, Indigo Bunting, and Baltimore Oriole are all more rural than the cosmopolitan Blue Jay, Northern Cardinal, and American Cardinal, which can be found as easily in urban centers as in farmlands. But all these species can be lured to almost any backyard with the right, species' preferred food, water, and shelter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:01 am

Kiryuha wrote:
Wow, you guessed the species!
I couldn't guess no one except the woodpecker... Maybe these birds are so common in N. America?
By the way, thank you for specifying the oriole's species. It says just simply "Oriole" on the figurine itself, and it surprised me as I know that an oriole looks different:

So it's a Baltimore oriole in the toob!

Yes, all of these birds I see almost every day in my backyard, with the exception of the warbler. Very Happy Thanks for the clarification on the warbler - with the such simple paint I wasn't sure if they were planning on it being a prairie or yellow warbler. About the oriole, they definitely simplified the name - there are several types of oriole in the US. sunny

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:25 am

About the oriole, they definitely simplified the name - there are several types of oriole in the US. sunny
I see now. The thing is there's only one oriole species in Europe, and I didn't know about the variety in N. America.

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 5:13 pm

lucky luke wrote:
widukind wrote:
Big congratulations Robert  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  This birds are also a must have for my in this year  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
cheers Applause bounce bounce drunken sunny 

it is Robert, they are at home, the birds toob, and its occupant! ,
I love .......
I find it a shame that they do not apply on the effect of paint but they are sensational Commes models.

drunken bounce bounce bounce bounce sunny Cool
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 8:17 pm

very very nice!affraid What a Face What a Face 

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 10:26 am

Nice collection of birds. the 2013 birds toob.  Very Happy cheers Applause 
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 5:31 pm

The pictures with the blue wren are perfect, now I know the size as I have a blue wren myself. I am definitely ordering these. I think this and the exotic birds toob are the only animal sets worth getting due to their size match alongside schleich models, am I right?

Anyone have photos of the exotic birds or monkeys sets?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 5:43 pm

You can see photoes of each one here :

Birds : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Monkeys : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2   Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Backyard BirdsTOOB from Safari Ltd, with comparison photos on page 2
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2