Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)

Go down 
+6
Roger
Pardofelis
costicuba
widukind
bmathison1972
WhiteLightning Wolf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

Country/State : United States

2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) Empty
PostSubject: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 2:55 pm

Had the opportunity to sdd the 2020 Safari LTD wolf to my collection and picked up a few on eBay after a mishap with my order through Safari LTD. The standard factory paintwork is a bit lacking so I went ahead and did a 10 minute touch up on one. 

Comparison photos with other major brand models coming soon!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Comparison Photos:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by WhiteLightning Wolf on Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 3:26 pm

It is still very nice, even without the touch-ups. I hope someone reviews this for our Blog someday!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 3:29 pm

Oh, I forgot to say, when you do pics, please compare with the older howling Safari grey wolf (that is the one I have). I have considered adding the 2020 figure to compliment it, but they would have to be somewhat size comparable.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 5:09 pm

Great walkaround :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 5:26 pm

I like this new Wolfy and I really like your touch-ups on it Fallon Applause
Thank you for this nice walkaround sunny

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 5:34 pm

Oh! Extremely useful thread, thanks! I was decided that this wolf will be THE wolf in my synoptic collection, since the same moment it was announced as new for 2020, and the reason for choosing it was the beautiful paintjob... of the promo image. Now that I see how the real thing is, I probably will delete it from my wishlist. I want your custom instead!!!! Razz Razz Razz
Or maybe, I will just do the same than you. Now I had a perfect image of your custom for know how I should repaint mine if some day I get it.

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 9:45 pm

Despite the borring pose, the figure is quite decent with good proportions and details. I think I still like best the previous wolf from Safari but now I need to see it directly compared. Your retouch emphasises the good points of that figure.

spacelab

Country/State : Greece

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyTue Jan 07, 2020 10:06 pm

It's a nice figure, a "safe" pose and a friendly wolf. I like it and I guess I'll buy it, if it's not too big. The custom version is a bit better for sure but I like the original as well.
I'd love to see the comparison pics. Very good photos btw!

Last edited by spacelab on Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 3:06 pm

Comparison Photos Added!

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 3:12 pm

WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Comparison Photos Added!

Oh, the size is perfect! I may have to get this one after all!!!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyWed Jan 08, 2020 7:07 pm

WOW ! Fallon, what a great "touch-up" you made !
As Roger says, it really shows what a nice model this is Applause

Thanks for the comparisons !
Have decided to only add absolute must-haves to my collection from now on, - and this wolfie has to be one of them, even if it is not yours Wink

WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 1:16 pm

widukind wrote:
Great walkaround :)
Thank you!

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 1:16 pm

costicuba wrote:
I like this new Wolfy and I really like your touch-ups on it Fallon Applause
Thank you for this nice walkaround sunny
Thank you so much! 

You're welcome!

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 1:18 pm

Pardofelis wrote:
Oh! Extremely useful thread, thanks! I was decided that this wolf will be THE wolf in my synoptic collection, since the same moment it was announced as new for 2020, and the reason for choosing it was the beautiful paintjob... of the promo image. Now that I see how the real thing is, I probably will delete it from my wishlist. I want your custom instead!!!! Razz Razz Razz
Or maybe, I will just do the same than you. Now I had a perfect image of your custom for know how I should repaint mine if some day I get it.
The sculpt itself is very nice but the paint work is just extremely lacking. It is amazing though what a little customizing can do!

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 1:21 pm

Roger wrote:
Despite the borring pose, the figure is quite decent with good proportions and details. I think I still like best the previous wolf from Safari but now I need to see it directly compared. Your retouch emphasises the good points of that figure.
I rather like the pose but would someday like to see a wolf from Safari LTD sculpted in the pose of their WW Coyote. 

It is amazing what a little bit of customizing can do! Always seems to bring out details in the sculpt that yiu couldn't see before. :)

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 1:23 pm

spacelab wrote:
It's a nice figure, a "safe" pose and a friendly wolf. I like it and I guess I'll buy it, if it's not too big. The custom version is a bit better for sure but I like the original as well.
I'd love to see the comparison pics. Very good photos btw!
Yeah, I was wishing that the paint work would have been better but it is still a really nice model nonetheless. :)

Comparison photos have been added! Many thanks!

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 1:24 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
WhiteLightning Wolf wrote:
Comparison Photos Added!

Oh, the size is perfect! I may have to get this one after all!!!
Doug did a great job sculpting it in the same scale as the others!

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 1:25 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW ! Fallon, what a great "touch-up" you made !
As Roger says, it really shows what a nice model this is Applause

Thanks for the comparisons !
Have decided to only add absolute must-haves to my collection from now on, - and this wolfie has to be one of them, even if it is not yours Wink
Many Thanks, Susanne! Very Happy

This wolf is definitely a must have! The sculpt is very nice even if the paint work is a little lacking!

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 2:32 pm

The touch up work is excellent and make it more lively.
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 3:59 pm

Seeway wrote:
The touch up work is excellent and make it more lively.
Thank you! :)

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 11:03 pm

good painting job cheers but the muzzle and legs seem a little too thick according to me..
Back to top Go down
WhiteLightning Wolf

WhiteLightning Wolf

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 1:04 am

Caracal wrote:
good painting job cheers  but the muzzle and legs seem a little too thick according to me..
Thank you!  flower

PostSubject: Re: 2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)   2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!) Empty

Back to top Go down

2020 Safari LTD Grey Wolf Quick Walkaround (Comparison Photos Coming Soon!)
Page 1 of 1