Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)

Go down 
+3
Roger
widukind
Tupolew Tu-154
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This is also a great model, though I wish the stripes were darker. He is a big fella though, compared to his buddies here.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 11:24 pm

The racoon is BIG, had he eat too much hamburgers? Very Happy

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 2:17 am

Thanks! Nice photos.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:06 am

Thanks

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:32 am

Safari racoon is a great figure, big indeed. Currently I have the standing up from Schleich that is nicer than is brother and the toob version of the wild Safari one. Northern racoon populations are really fat creatures and I believe Safari and Papo wanted to represent Northern specimens. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 2:30 pm

It is a really nice model, I still love very much the Papo but I'm very tempted drunken
Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:20 am

Saarloos, is Papo raccoon bigger than Schleich's, or just about the same size? Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:54 am

Um I would say its bigger, but its closer in size than comparing schleich and safari.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:30 am

I like the Safari model. These pictures by Paige are great. Thanks Paige!

My favorite is still the Papo. It is, no doubt, rotund. But very pleasing nevertheless.
Back to top Go down
donny ong

PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 8:21 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Um I would say its bigger, but its closer in size than comparing schleich and safari.

Thanks Paige!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:26 am

Glad the pictures could help everyone. Very Happy

I love the papo, he is a chubby little guy, but I like the painting and shape. However, for the common N.Am. raccoon, I think the safari represents them best, regardless of his size. I mean, look at his toes! Maybe bigger can be better in some regards for detail.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 6:57 am

I agree Paige, bigger or smaller is a collector choice and all of them are too big beside these companies elephant models. Laughing
There is a lot of accurate details in Safari Ltd toys, too bad it is often hidden by the painting quality...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari raccoon walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)
Page 1 of 1