Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)

Go down 
+4
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
Bloodrayne
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 7:05 pm

And lastly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I love these deer. The best deer on the market in my opinion. My only problem is that they are bright orange, I wish they had toned it down a little. But everything from the antlers to the detail to the sculpt are fantastic! Also a little bit big, he definitely outshines his mojo and Schleich buddies.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Wonderful photos, thank you.
The Safari ltd. Whitetail buck is my favourite, with the antlers being a little bit more pointier/sharper than the other brands.
And because I'm Dutch the orange colour doesn't bother me at all. queen king
Wink

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:15 am

Thanks Leeann, Simone, Andreas, and Tupolew. Very Happy
I don't mind the orange, its just that on real deer it isn't quite so exuberant. Smile I also wait for the day someone decides to copy the blue-gray coat of deer in winter.

And yes, the raccoon is HUGE. But I do think he is the best sculpt of the ones I own. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 8:47 am

Wonderful pictures, - and very useful comparisons ! Thankyou very much Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:06 am

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:41 am

I also agree that Safari has the best representative of a white tail buck. Body has a good balance and proportions and antlers are the best! Curiouslyt , I don't have it yet, I am so silly that instead of asking LeeAnn to send to me the Safari version, I said Schleich! Laughing Fortunately the newer Schleich is a improvement when comparing with the previous version and the size is good. Pitty the waxy material but a good figure. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:03 pm

Safari family is my favorite. This color looks just so good cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 2:19 pm

I like very much the Safari Ltd whitetail deer family, despite the colors Laughing

I'm surprised with the size of all these citizens, I didn't knew the Mojo was so big and the Safari Ltd so small. Indeed I thought they were bigger. I'm also surpised to see the doe seems as big as the stag. I only have the old Schelich family and maybe I will have to change this. Very Happy

Thank you for this great walkaround cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:26 pm

About the colour, - I seem to remember that when they had just been launched, we had a little discussion about the colour of red deer, - that in some areas ( the south?), there are populations which ARE almost orange at some time of the year scratch

So perhaps Safari should be praised for the colour, which is unusual, instead of blamed ? Very Happy

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 7:32 pm

I don't mind the color, although I do think that the paintwork is not great. But that's the case with many, perhaps most, of Safari models. The sculpting of these white-tailed deer is fabulous. Excellent paintwork would bring that out.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:23 am

I'm glad these pics were so useful. Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
About the colour, - I seem to remember that when they had just been launched, we had a little discussion about the colour of red deer, - that in some areas  ( the south?), there are populations which ARE almost orange at some time of the year scratch

So perhaps Safari should be praised for the colour, which is unusual, instead of blamed ? Very Happy
That is true, I remember a discussion with pictures and everything a while back. However, though yes there are "red deer" in the US, I would have just preferred a little less orange-ish color. Just a personal preference, I don't think its bad or unrealistic, just a little too vibrant for my personal taste. And like I said, I wait for the day someone decides to recreate the blue-gray color of deer in winter. Or even better, a mule deer instead of the common whitetail.

scot(t) wrote:
I don't mind the color, although I do think that the paintwork is not great. But that's the case with many, perhaps most, of Safari models. The sculpting of these white-tailed deer is fabulous. Excellent paintwork would bring that out.
I agree, but also disagree a little. Safari doesn't have the best painting in all their models (in fact they kind of do a sloppy job too often, which is sad given their molds are usually fabulous) however, the details in painting on these deer are better than some others in my opinion. For instance, almost no deer models (that I recall at the moment) have the chinstrap, the correct shape and length throat patch, white upper lips and chin, and white around the eyes like these do. I begged Mojo to try to add the facial details (since I felt it would make the model better) but alas they weren't able to I suppose. Anyways, that's why these deer are probably my favorite now in my collection, for whitetail.
On a side note though too, I also like safari's old deer, the bright red ones. Though their color isn't great either, I think they were good models for their day as well. Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)   Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe) Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari whitetail deer walkaround/comparison (for Lea and Christophe)
Page 1 of 1