Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons Empty
PostSubject: 2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 6:26 am

This week I received my first Safari 2023 additions! I'm very happy with what Safari has released thus far and I'm so excited to see what upcoming reveals they have in store sunny

One of the most exciting for me: The great grey owl!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then here are some comparisons with Safari's other standard-sized owls! The snowy, barn, great horned, eagle, and long-eared owl.

Then a comparison with my only other great grey, Bullyland's.

I'm very pleased with this model overall. I wish it were a bit bigger but still a wonderful model. Owls are some of my favorite to collect (thanks to the Owls of Ga'Hoole series  Laughing). I always love getting more owl figures even if its a species I already have. I like having one sitting and one flying. The paintwork is pretty much perfect on this figure and reminds me a lot of their great horned in terms of paintwork and style.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 12:34 pm

Nice pics of one of the best figures for 2023 (in my opinion)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 2:38 pm

Very brave from Safari to choose this species and we're lucky they've chosen a pose completely different from the Bullyland model. Thanks for another great walk around, I'm adding slowly your pictures on TAW.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 3:49 pm

Thanks Jolie for the walkaround.

I have to admit I'm not a fan of this model. It's not a problem of the sculpture, it's the make-up that has trouble going on. As much as the Bully's paint lacks contrast, the Safari ltd does too much for my taste.
A good model for a repaint.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 3:54 pm

I have the owl too, and the color looks better in-hand.

For me, the deciding factor was that the feet of the Bullyland model are wrong for this species
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons   2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons Empty

Back to top Go down

2023 Safari Great Grey Owl Walkaround With Comparisons
Page 1 of 1