Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...

Go down 
+4
remowshake
landrover
HKHollinstone
WILLYBACOMAN
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... Empty
PostSubject: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:34 pm

Last week, i had 3 VEB Plaho items coming in, the brand from the former DDr, from which i still miss some items.
But here are 3 new ones for me...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
These 3 came in...

These 2 guys are a lighter and darker version of the 01768 VEB Plaho Black Rhino.
Another thing is, that one of them is showing a so called "Auswerfer-sign", which shows on the model because there is a point on them where it was attached to the machine.

The darker version...

And the light/grey version.

The 01706 Brown and white cow lying.

Which i had in brown already.

Here are some more of the VEB Plaho cow family.

01705 Bull in brown and white.

And in brown.

01705 Brown cow standing.

01706 Brown cows grazing, 2 variations.

01707 Calf lying in brown and white.

01707 Calf standing in brown and white.

01707 Calf standing in brown, i hve abetter one since this week.

And this is the 1999 Britains catalogue...

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Congratulations on them Willy, the rhinos are really nice I love you
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 5:33 pm

:) :)

I agree with you ,spectacular rhinos.
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyMon Nov 29, 2010 7:41 pm

I like the cows :)

Philip afro

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 12:46 am

Thanks people!
I am happy, as i am with every new addition to my collection.
Slowly i complete VEB Plaho, and in some cases i have to replace some items for better ones, but some are hard to find, specially in a good condition.
But thank goodness, they are not expensive, you just have to find them! Rolling Eyes

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 3:53 pm

Great Plahos cheers

I like them very much even if they are usually cheap Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 1:14 am

Oh yes Susanne, the price of an item has nothing to do with the fact if you like the models! Rolling Eyes
There can be many nice models in a serie, which are of a high standard.
The price is often related to the rareness of an item.
When you hunt for the dino's of VEB Plaho, you pay 25 euro's or more for a model! Shocked

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:05 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Oh yes Susanne, the price of an item has nothing to do with the fact if you like the models! Rolling Eyes
There can be many nice models in a serie, which are of a high standard.
The price is often related to the rareness of an item.
When you hunt for the dino's of VEB Plaho, you pay 25 euro's or more for a model! Shocked

Shocked I just decided right here and now that I will not collect Plaho dinoes Suspect Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:29 pm

[quote="WILLYBACOMAN"]Last week, i had 3 VEB Plaho items coming in, the brand from the former DDr, from which i still miss some items.
But here are 3 new ones for me...

...Congrats, Willy! As you know Veb Plaho models were my favorite animal figurines in my childhood! It was my first collection! cheers
I, did never see Veb Plaho rhino! Thank,s! cheers

PS We did say about VEB Plaho and my models of this brand here...

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/sammlungen-collections-f17/my-first-collection-animal-models-1973-1999-t734.htm
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:57 am

I saw it Sergey! :)

effelderboy

Country/State : germany

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:33 pm

...some different colors of the rhino...not all.
The once on the left side is from Marolin...you see it on the eyes (most only black stripes)
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:51 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Shocked I just decided right here and now that I will not collect Plaho dinoes Suspect Laughing
Laughing Very Happy
You see, Papo crocodile is cheaper Wink
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 2:13 am

Thanks for the pic Effelder Boy!
Great to have you here, because we can use some expertise in the Plaho field... cheers
Und du kannst auch Deutsch mit mir sprechen, ist mir Alles dasselbe, haha. Wink

effelderboy

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 11:29 am

Have you ever seen these figures? Two von Plaho, one from Marolin and one from Lineol.
I hope, the Lineol experts know these figurine.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 11:49 am

Ohhh, they are lovely !!!!
I hope to get the Plaho and the Marolin one day, - I do not dare to start looking for lineol . My bank manager will kill me affraid Laughing
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 6:51 pm

I agree with Susanne, they are adorable! Very Happy

effelderboy

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Adorable, yes, but two on the right side are hardly to be got, therefore, very expensive. I myself own only 2 of every size. From some other figures I have 500 pieces, laugh. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:49 pm

effelderboy wrote:
Adorable, yes, but two on the right side are hardly to be got, therefore, very expensive. I myself own only 2 of every size. From some other figures I have 500 pieces, laugh. Laughing

I would be happy to have the ones on the left Rolling Eyes Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
effelderboy

effelderboy

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Two I would sell.
And one I have as a Ruffian (unpainted).
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:50 am

Thanks for putting the pics about the shepherddog here Thomas!

I am still searching for those dogs too! Laughing
And i mean every of them... Rolling Eyes

Yes, some of us do collect Lineol too, and we know that a lot of the molds from VEB Plaho were original from Lineol ,as they took over the company in 1957 or so, as they became a so called company of the people, haha, which means the state of the former DDR took over more or less.. Shocked
The Lineols are still the kings king in the world of animal-figurines today.
The animals in the zoo of Berlin were the examples, from which the models wre oftenly made.(fact)

effelderboy

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:15 pm

...here is the rarest effelder goose...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
...a goose is not a goose...look...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:37 pm

You can keep pulling them out of your sleeve affraid

Thank you again for the pictures, Thomas flower
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 12:50 am

I didn't see that white goose with the head down before Thomas, of course it must be rare then... Rolling Eyes
I do have that other goose, but those colour-variations are not big enough for me, grey-white is grey-white, haha.
Or otherwise i can spend the rest of my life only collecting Plaho's with all of those variations... Shocked geek

effelderboy

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 1:20 pm

No, no, no, Willy, look not the colour, but the body, the feathers. These are two quite different figures.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
...here also different figurines...
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 11:59 pm

Oh yes, i see Thomas, but where does it lead us, when even "cheap" brands like Plaho leads us to soo much variations?
there is no end to this, specially not when you are showing us in all of those treads? Rolling Eyes Laughing question

PostSubject: Re: Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...   plaho - Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week... Empty

Back to top Go down

Some VEB Plaho items and Britains Catalogue came in for november 2010 this week...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next