Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Hello everybody,

I posted my first repaints and i just was very happy with all your response to them.
Now i just finished my first custom made of the hanoverenian mare.Surprised 
I do have pictures of the process, but i dind't put them on my computer jet.
Maybe I can post them later if you wanted to see whose pictures of the process :)

Now my question; Witch color schould't i give my new 'gelding' boy?

Following pictures of the custom and 2 pictues of colors i think are sutable but i can't choose! bounce 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And the colors i can't choose from: Dapple grey and (i think in englische it's called:) Sorrel

(But a light one not like the new mare :)

Let me please now what you all think and tips are very welcom Very Happy

Last edited by Dum_my on Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Definitely dapple grey. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm

I would a dapple grey as well, great job on the sculpt!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Dapple gray! I really like the front legs. cheers 
But the back legs looks a bit of, maybe it is the angle of the photo.

orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:55 pm

Hmm, I'm not much of a horse person but I've never seen a dapple gray by any of the major companies, only CollectA's silver dapple shetland pony and Papo's percheron.
Back to top Go down
AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:01 am

Im verry interested in the process of making :)
I'm also for dapple :)

katewbennett

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:02 am

Reminds me of the Gem Twist mold from Breyer Very Happy Awesome job!
Defo go for Dapple grey :)
Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:59 am

Dapples ofcourse Wink 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hmm, I'm not much of a horse person but I've never seen a dapple gray by any of the major companies, only CollectA's silver dapple shetland pony and Papo's percheron.
Schleich did a Percheron, he was nice and dapple gray. Unfortunately retired in 2011.

orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Dapples ofcourse Wink 

Schleich did a Percheron, he was nice and dapple gray. Unfortunately retired in 2011.

I wasn't aware of it, I apologize. Still, there aren;'t many dapple grays on the market.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:33 pm

I am going also for dapple grey! Very Happy

Dapples ofcourse Wink 

I wasn't aware of it, I apologize. Still, there aren;'t many dapple grays on the market.
Again, no need of apologinzing, 10 years before Schleich, Safari released a dapple gray...

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 pm

I am going also for dapple grey! Very Happy

Dapples ofcourse Wink 

Again, no need of apologinzing, 10 years before Schleich, Safari released a dapple gray...
I actually forgot about that one Embarassed Still, I say go for dapple gray.
Back to top Go down
Hanne

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Dapple grey! Wonderfull custom btw cheers 
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:08 pm

I can proudly say i have finished my first custom schleich he is complete remake en repainted. 'I am very excided to here what you all think of him. The took some ours and i think the dappel grey is almost like the picture of the horse above.

Pictures of the poses will follow soon! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:11 pm

Congrats! Very Happy It must have taken a long time. Smile

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:45 pm

That is a wonderful dapple gray! cheers cheers cheers 

Hanne

Country/State : Belgium

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Beautifull, awesome, prachtig, knap werk! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Haha tank you, I think the rest thinks he is ugly because they dind't repley hehe Razz
I will make another topic if i have got the process pictures on my computer about him. :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Hmmm, there are more than hundreds of members that haven't posted yet here. If it means they think your custom is ugly... affraid affraid affraid
I think it is beautiful and your option of such an intricate pattern was really great. The work is impressive, the only little thing is that I find it to pretty, I mean, everything looks so perfect that it looses some genuineness. Dapple patterns are only a transition and not all parts of the body are greying at the same time what gives a more random pattern. Very Happy You have all the talent, sometimes prettier doesn't mean more realistic but the work is definitively great! flower

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:25 pm

This is beautiful! Awesome color choice, I love dapple. Congrats! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:24 pm

oooh great custom! I love it!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:36 pm

It's very time-consuming to paint a horse like this
and I'm impressed that you had the patience to do it.
And then the courage to do both sides! cheers 
Nice job!

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:30 pm

Again i need your help lovely poeple of sts.
I have bought an beautifull custom some time ago all remember this beauty on the left;

Sow i diceded to buy another heavy coldblood ( on the right in the picture above)
But i can not choose what i want to make of him.

Sor here is what i can not choose from;
i think the heavy schould look the same (in color) as the one i bought as custom sow they can be together in a span for a carage ore something (i think it will look awsome, if the one i have looks like ''o my god not know'' and the toher one is like ''jeej i love my job'')

ore

I will make this out of him;

ore this;

But for know i don;t even know if i want him the dark brwon ore the leopard color
sow help me out evenrybody let me hear you opinion Very Happy
Maybe even a pose will help .. i think this is so lame just standing there .. (A)

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:17 pm

I think he would look nice in leopard Very Happy

Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:01 pm

Yet again i really want to know you sts wise opinion for a horse a custumised !

He is a cust on the lusitano stallion and at first a was like;
I make him after the breyer chinise year of the horse model;

I would have tride that with pastel and acrylpaint.
But then i saw him standing there and thought maybe i needd to make him a natural color:

His final cust form i will not reveal yet :)
Let me know what you think poeple of sts i con not diside I love you

Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:45 pm

Ohhh! I haven't even seen this one Shocked
I....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]....D

What a gorgeous repaint !!!

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:44 pm

I'd love to give my opinion but I am not sure what are you asking. I am not very confortable with customs terminology. Very Happy Though, I've read about Lusitano and now I am very curious about it. The original mold you're using is very beautiful and a good choice for your work. Are you working on a Alter Real type of Lusitano? scratch

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Thanks for the nice words !

Roger i wanted the sts poeple to give there opinion on witch color i schould/could give my custom on the lusitano.
I wanted to give him the colors of the ''chinese horse of the year''
But then i saw him prepted and thought;
Maybe i need to make him a natural color like the bay horse in the pictures.
I can not choose Razz
How the custom looks now is still a secret :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:15 am

Thanks for the nice words !

Roger i wanted the sts poeple to give there opinion on witch color i schould/could give my custom on the lusitano.
I wanted to give him the colors of the ''chinese horse of the year''
But then i saw him prepted and thought;
Maybe i need to make him a natural color like the bay horse in the pictures.
I can not choose Razz
How the custom looks now is still a secret :)

Ah, OK, now I understood. Very Happy Only the Alter Real type is exclusively bay, however, I see often grey Lusitanos or sometimes chestnut too. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016   

Back to top Go down

Custom made resculpt, need you'r opinion for the color. update 19-8-2016
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1