Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?

Go down 
+17
Sergey
SUSANNE
Roger
DaveScriv
Duma
Saarlooswolfhound
QuollMate
arafan
Tove
widukind
AlopexLagopus
Ana
Carola
trevok4
Dum_my
LeeAnn
NightLioness
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? Empty
PostSubject: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:17 pm

I couldn't find a topic like this, so I'm hoping it's good.

This question is in my mind for a while now. I arrange my animals by their habitats.
(Except for the horses, cats and dogs.)
Savannah, rain forest, fantasy, arctic, forest and farm/pets.
I want to arrange my animals by their species (Canines, felines, hoofed animals, birds, etc.)
But I don't have enough of some species to cover up space Laughing
(I have 5 bears for example, but loads of big cats.)

I was wondering how you guys arrange you animals in your cabins/shelves.
Species, habitats, color, size?

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 2:34 pm

I arrange them by species/types of animals. Elephants are together, cattle are together, goats are together, et cetera. Very Happy

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:32 pm

i have got them all together totally not arranged!Very Happy 

trevok4

Country/State : london UK

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:01 pm

in a shelf but before we moved house i used to have schleich zoo and farm

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:36 pm

As My collection consists of 80% horses, they are arranged in brands. Specials and variants beside their respective counterparts. Then I also try and pair them up, and mix colours, so that all compliment eachother the best for my tastes.

My wildlife are all together in mixed brands, since they are only a small herd.

Very Happy 

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:46 pm

I try to arrange my wild animals geographically, so species from one continent are all together, I have Asian shelf, African, Australian and European. I have also place for horses and farm animals and one shelf with assorted animals which include horses in bigger scale, some vintage items, some figures waiting for repair and more. And several boxes with more figures in my parents house in Poland. One day my collection will be united again Wink

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
AlopexLagopus

AlopexLagopus

Country/State : italy

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
I arrange them by species/types of animals. Elephants are together, cattle are together, goats are together, et cetera. Very Happy
Me too :)
Expecially Foxes are all togheter, in front of all! I love you Then cats just behind.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:11 pm

In my shelves are all breakable, rare or figurines with more than one piece (Kaiyodo or figurines witha base....) and all the figurines with a special thing for me (so gifts from my daughter....).

But i plan in the future a little arrangement with my coral and sea water fishes in my old aquarium scratch scratch 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:16 pm

I have no shelves for my animals, so I have to store them in well marked shoeboxes. They are sorted after which part of the world they live in: Europe, Amerika, Africa etc. African animals are then sorted in different categories:
Elephants, Rhinos and Hippos.
Big cats, apes and reptiles.
Hoved animals.
Same system for Europe, Asia, Australia if I have enough different animals to fill more than one box.
Then I have separate boxes for horses, farm animals, dogs, cats, people, sea animals, birds, elves. Horses are sorted after size.
I have about 1500 different Scleich figures and a few Papo and Bullyland. It is important to have a system so I am able to find every single of them.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Tove wrote:
I have no shelves for my animals, so I have to store them in well marked shoeboxes. They are sorted after which part of the world they live in: Europe, Amerika, Africa etc. African animals are then sorted in different categories:
 Elephants, Rhinos and Hippos.
 Big cats, apes and reptiles.
 Hoved animals.
Same system for Europe, Asia, Australia if I have enough different animals to fill more than one box.
Then I have separate boxes for horses, farm animals, dogs, cats, people, sea animals, birds, elves. Horses are sorted after size.
I have about 1500 different Scleich figures and a few Papo and Bullyland. It is important to have a system so I am able to find every single of them.
All my animals they are not in my shelves i have also in the categorys monkeys, hoofed animals.......Very Happy 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 8:31 pm

I also arrange the wildanimals in brands and in geographically. The farm animals are horses with horses, sheeps with goats and dog and cats. But at the moment I have only one shelf.

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 5:35 am

On the right side of my bed is a 3 space book shelf.The very bottoms contains book,but the next 2 shelves contain prehistoric sea life and mammals.The very top where other stuff goes has dinosaurs.
On the left side,all 3 compartments contain coral reef and ocean life while the very top shelf has decorative items.I categorize my animals strangely, hard to describe.

exclamation MY SEARCHLIST exclamation
exclamation EBAY STORE exclamation
exclamation TRADE LIST exclamation

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_593

Concorde Page
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde

Collectibles Page
https://instagram.com/supersonic_trilobite
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:58 pm

Kind of depends on the day. Laughing I have them on shelves, and normally they are arranged by continent/habitat type. For instance I have a few African shelves since there are so many figures "from" there, but I used to have my Australian figures on there too since part of Africa is also desertish. However, those ones now have their own shelf.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 3:02 pm

I also forgot to mention, my Breyer horses (my "show string") are set apart from the other brands, displayed separately. Special figures from STS-friends are in a separate, "VIP" place, and CollectA horses are on a different shelf that I think will be taken over by Breyers soon. Laughing So my collection is separated by brand, but what I mentioned above are the Schleich ones. Very Happy

Duma

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:33 pm

I arrange them in their groups , elephants with elephant etc and all species from one continent together.

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:36 pm

As a as a matter of fact, I got done rearranging my coral reef and I can tell you now that it's hell. Laughing Mad silent

exclamation MY SEARCHLIST exclamation
exclamation EBAY STORE exclamation
exclamation TRADE LIST exclamation

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_593

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
https://instagram.com/supersonic_trilobite
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:33 am

I have far too many to display virtually any of them (I do have a few on display, such as Heyde dogs and Britains seagulls), so they are mostly packed away in boxes inside several chests of drawers. Contents of boxes are generally sorted by manufacturer, ranging from just one box for each of 'minor UK makers', such as Brent Products, Roydon & Stoddart, to Britains farm, where I have some boxes full of just one or two models. In the case of some of Britains lead farm women (Farmer's Wife, Old lady sitting and the 3 milkmaids, with all their dress colours) and horses & cattle, I'm starting to imagine that every time they were running short of paint, they sent a boy down to the nearest hardware store, who came back with a different shade of blue/brown/green/grey/pink/red/etc. every time! Even the Britains lead Jersey Cow, nominally just the one figure varies. I have 12 of them - all more (1 with a bell, another had a bell, now broken, sadly, off) or less (pre-war brush painted, post-war sprayed) slightly different.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:46 am

DaveScriv wrote:
I have far too many to display virtually any of them (I do have a few on display, such as Heyde dogs and Britains seagulls), so they are mostly packed away in boxes inside several chests of drawers. Contents of boxes are generally sorted by manufacturer, ranging from just one box for each of 'minor UK makers', such as Brent Products, Roydon & Stoddart, to Britains farm, where I have some boxes full of just one or two models. In the case of some of Britains lead farm women (Farmer's Wife, Old lady sitting and the 3 milkmaids, with all their dress colours) and horses & cattle, I'm starting to imagine that every time they were running short of paint, they sent a boy down to the nearest hardware store, who came back with a different shade of blue/brown/green/grey/pink/red/etc. every time! Even the Britains lead Jersey Cow, nominally just the one figure varies. I have 12 of them - all more (1 with a bell, another had a bell, now broken, sadly, off) or less (pre-war brush painted, post-war sprayed) slightly different.

Laughing I see you are addicted in variations! cat cat
It would be very interesting if you have the chance of showing us about these "minor" UK brands. They are quite unknown among us. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 9:25 am

Roger wrote:

It would be very interesting if you have the chance  of showing us about these "minor" UK brands. They are quite unknown among us. Very Happy

bounce bounce cheers cheers 

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 5:52 pm

Roger wrote:
DaveScriv wrote:

Laughing I see you are addicted in variations! catcat
It would be very interesting if you have the chance  of showing us about these "minor" UK brands. They are quite unknown among us. Very Happy

I agree sunny sunny sunny 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 6:14 pm

I'll do the minor UK brands next, before I start posting my farm buildings.
Before I start, am I to assume that for the international membership here, "minor UK brands" is regarded as everything except Britains?
What about Timpo? I've seen a few photos of Timpo zoo here, so perhaps I can miss these out if you know about them.
I'm just thinking about keeping it down to a manageable level of posting.
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:44 pm

Applause Applause Applause Wink    https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t2813p15-your-collections-now

... I love the principle "landscapes". But I can,t became as Phile "The Great Master of Landscapes", because I have,nt such a goorgeous garage place! And I can,t make such a nice plants! So as Christophe (Kiki) noticed one time I use some details of zoogeographical landscapes. I don,t collect only "farm life", but I have some lovely dog and horse models... And in future I want to make separate shelves for beautiful small-format models by nice brands - Colorata, Kaiyodo, Yujin etc...

How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? Imag0110

How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? Imag0112

widukind

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Great Sergey  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Nice collection. Cool Cool 

Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Neven Florian wrote:
Nice collection. Cool Cool 

...Thank you, thank you my friends!  cheers Applause Applause

How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? Imag0010

How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? Imag0011

PostSubject: Re: How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?   How do you arrange you figures on your shelves? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you arrange you figures on your shelves?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next