Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Plastic Smell?

Go down 
+12
scot(t)
bojan
Bloodrayne
LukaLeon085
trevok4
SUSANNE
animalluvr6
LeeAnn
widukind
Roger
arafan
zonk
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Smell - Plastic Smell? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plastic Smell?   Smell - Plastic Smell? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:57 am

I got the latest Mojos yesterday, and they have no smell at all Very Happy 

I just checked, because I was so thrilled when I let them out of their bags, that my senses might have failed me cheers Laughing 

Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Plastic models suffering from vinaigre disease   Smell - Plastic Smell? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Some time ago I read on this forum, a thread about this problem. Now I am not able to find the thread. Will somebody please help me to find it?
The thing is, I have just been so lucky buying an animal collection from MOJO with many nice figures. 56 pieces. Now they are standing all over my dining table for registrating and I have noticed that the plastic smell from theese are much stronger than the smell from my Schleich animals. It smells plastic all over the house! Is this a well known problem with Mojo models? This is my first Mojo models. Most of them are from 2010 and in good condition, so I will be very sad if they over time should shrimp or get blisters. Mojo has so many very beautiful models I want to buy! Perhaps this collection I bought has been stored in a box for a long time, before the last owner decided to sell it, and the smell will disappear after a while? I hope so, and that this smell has nothing to do with vinaigre disease. (I hope my "Norwenglish" is understandable.)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Smell?   Smell - Plastic Smell? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 1:40 pm

The topic about vinegar syndrome in Breyer figures is here! or do you mean the melting of old French vintage figures?
About the smell of Mojo figures, as far as we know it is not related with vinegar, those are earlier figures produced in their old factory where the deodorisation was not very good. Recently produced Mojo figures have not this problem anymore.
We also have a topic about tat here! Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Smell?   Smell - Plastic Smell? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:55 pm

I had a few that smelled very strongly, if you leave them outside for a little while they should air out. Smile

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Smell?   Smell - Plastic Smell? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:06 pm

Thank you Roger and LeeAnn. Smile I have been reading both the links so now I am much wicer than I was before. study It was a great relief to know that the smell is not toxic, and that it will air out after a while. The smell is not so strong today as it was two days ago when I opened the parcel. I believe that the last owner sold them because of the strong smell. I payed less than 1 Euro each, and among them was the mammoth, 1 elephant, 3 dinosaurs and some horses.
sunny
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Smell?   Smell - Plastic Smell? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Tove wrote:
I payed less than 1 Euro each, and among them was the mammoth, 1 elephant, 3 dinosaurs and some horses.
sunny
To say that you made a good deal is a serious understatement Laughing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plastic Smell?   Smell - Plastic Smell? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plastic Smell?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2