Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic Empty
PostSubject: Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic   Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:31 pm

Just one photo this time, of a few of the limited farm range produced circa 1960 by this group of three connected London based companies, all of which were owned by Jewish refugees from Nazi occupied Europe. It is believed that Speedwell did the actual manufacturing, changing brand names underneath (although not all figures are marked) as required for their friends.

These three companies are better known for their WW2 figures, mostly copies of Herald, Timpo and Kentoys soldiers, sold in small display packs, each comprising two soldiers and one piece of ruined building wall or other battlefield scenery. They also did a fairly extensive wild west range, many of which were produced in several colour versions, which is another range in which I suffer from obsessive variation collector syndrome. [This site needs a geek emoticon]

Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic 12098722045_3a24d0ebcb_o
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic   Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Very interesting again! I hope we can use your useful informations on Toy Animal Wiki
http://toyanimal.info
a online project with extensive lists of toy animal figures and their pictures to serve as a source to collectors. bounce
Ah, you can use it... geek geek geek

PostSubject: Re: Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic   Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Roger wrote:
Very interesting again! I hope we can use your useful informations on Toy Animal Wiki
a online project with extensive lists of toy animal figures and their pictures to serve as a source to collectors. bounce
Ah, you can use it... geekgeekgeek

Can you copy these posts there? If so, do it.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic   Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 4:34 pm

Have they wild animals? And if yes, a few unusual species? sunny sunny sunny sunny 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic   Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 4:54 pm

widukind wrote:
Have they wild animals? And if yes, a few unusual species? sunny sunny sunny sunny 

No, only a camel in their limited Arabs v French Foreign Legion set.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic   Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Thank you sunny sunny sunny 

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic   Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 5:25 pm

DaveScriv wrote:
Roger wrote:

That is awfully nice of you  cheers Applause flower 

DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic   Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:11 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
DaveScriv wrote:
Roger wrote:

That is awfully nice of you  cheers Applause flower 

I don't know if your system allows it, but if possible it would be best if you changed the text in a few places to make it more like an anonymous Wikipedia style entry.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic   Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 7:34 am

DaveScriv wrote:
I don't know if your system allows it, but if possible it would be best if you changed the text in a few places to make it more like an anonymous Wikipedia style entry.

The system allows it  Wink  Thank you for sharing your rare knowledge  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic   Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 11:30 am

DaveScriv wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, that is very kind from you. Very Happy
If you want, you can also be an editor, it is easier than a forum and you can edit directly. If you have time and if you ever want, just let us know. Very Happy
From now, your contribution sharing your knowledge is already a very precious thing. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic   Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic Empty

Back to top Go down

Speedwell/UNA/VP vintage UK plastic
Page 1 of 1