Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Great figures Dave! That tiny camel is so cute! cheers

http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Very small these old Heyde indeed. Shocked
Some Hausser complement nicely a Britains collection. As far as I know Britains never made a dromedary. Is the Hausser composition 1:32 scale as it is the plastic version? study

Britains certainly never made a dromedary in their zoo series, but back in the lead days, they did make some in their military series, with soldier riders, obviously.
They made a dromedary with, I think 3, alternative separate riders, British, Egyptian and Indian. I have a rather tatty Indian on one.
Also a small scale ('B Series') Egyptian one piece camel rider. I don't have one.
Also a splendid normal scale, one piece, Arab on a camel.  Sad  Sad  Sad  I don't have one. A splendid, and expensive £ Sad  figure.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Very small these old Heyde indeed. Shocked
Some Hausser complement nicely a Britains collection. As far as I know Britains never made a dromedary. Is the Hausser composition 1:32 scale as it is the plastic version? study

Britains certainly never made a dromedary in their zoo series, but back in the lead days, they did make some in their military series, with soldier riders, obviously.
They made a dromedary with, I think 3, alternative separate riders, British, Egyptian and Indian. I have a rather tatty Indian on one.
Also a small scale ('B Series') Egyptian one piece camel rider. I don't have one.
Also a splendid normal scale, one piece, Arab on a camel.  Sad  Sad  Sad  I don't have one. A splendid, and expensive £ Sad  figure.  

Thanks for interesting information as usual. Very Happy It is a shame that they haven't included a dromedary in their Zoo plastic series. Britains zoo line was too commercially rational so probably in their opinion there was no space for a dromedary and a bactrian camel in the same range.
I hope that someday you can find the missing ones. Very Happy

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
TheLastStardust

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:25 am

I got cuteness overload from this topic! so cute! I love you 
I might take some pics of mine xD

Here's my biggest: Slepnir of Final Fantasy:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And my smallest! xD A tiny orca my mom gave to me once

Together with his mom from Bullyland:

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:29 pm

Awww, the orcas are so cute! I love you But, not so sure about the Slepnir... Laughing Great figures!

Last edited by Animal_Figures_4U on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:43 pm

They are wonderful  cheers 

I never saw a model of Sleipnir before, but I know an Icey called Sleipnir Very Happy

Actually he had eight legs, not six  study but that is ok, - it is a grand model  Applause

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:32 pm

Oh wow, I have the little Bully Land orca, so that one must be tiny! o.0
Sleipnir is very interesting!

Back to top Go down
http://night-lioness.deviantart.com/
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:46 pm

Very very nice scary horse! cheers And cute whales! Nice!

I might be an awkward person but that's me and I'm not gonna change myself
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:31 pm

A bit late I know, but I just noticed the little dog in the photo when looking for something else. I'd forgotten I had it.
Anyway, large and small lead dogs, not marked, but I think both by Georg Heyde, Dresden, Germany, probably sometime between 1920 & 1940. Britains plastic sheep dog included to show sizes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:35 pm

Those dogs are fantastic Dave! Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:41 am

Wow, wonderful figures. And so tiny...  Very Happy 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Jennypurr

Country/State : Tennessee, USA

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!    Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:32 am

Just curious - would a figure made of cloth qualify as a toy figure? I have a 4' tall pony; the kind one usually sees as a carny prize. Big Ed is truly my largest animal figure! If he doesn't qualify, then the next biggest is the unpainted concrete horse outside followed by a very large plastic horse on a shelf in my horse room. As for my smallest, its so tiny I don't think my camera can focus on it. It's a teeny-tiny Preiser foal made as a scenic for a "N" gauge train set.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Just curious - would a figure made of cloth qualify as a toy figure?  I have a 4' tall pony; the kind one usually sees as a carny prize.  Big Ed is truly my largest animal figure!  If he doesn't qualify, then the next biggest is the unpainted concrete horse outside followed by a very large plastic horse on a shelf in my horse room.  As for my smallest, its so tiny I don't think my camera can focus on it.  It's a teeny-tiny Preiser foal made as a scenic for a "N" gauge train set.

If that's your largest then go ahead!  Very Happy 

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:55 pm

This is a very good thread  cheers  - and I have to update my entry, since I got new ones in my collection.
Breyer Classic Morgan and little unknown Panda

SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:05 pm

I did not see your doggies earlier , Dave  affraid Sleep 

They are fantastic , - I am especially crazy about the terrier. He looks a bit like my first dog, Pjusk  cheers 

Crola, that morgan is awesome, - and very good mannered, allowing a little panta to have a nice ride  cheers 

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Wonderful models and photo once again Carola! cheers

SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:13 pm

My only models of Salukis are these large polystone ones, from Ashton Drake ( Doll maker)  Very Happy 
The little frog is one of the "Good-luck minis" from Safari  Laughing 

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:19 pm

Great figures, Susanne! cheers Very Happy How old those salukis are?

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Those Salukis are really neat! Very Happy

SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks, Jonas and 4U Very Happy

I think those Salukis are about 12 years old, but I am not 100% sure  scratch 

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:53 pm

I am sure, these great Salukis have an special place in your collection.  drunken 

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:44 pm

Wonderful salukis Susanne.  drunken cheers 

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Thanks, Jonas and 4U Very Happy

I think those Salukis are about 12 years old, but I am not 100% sure  scratch 

Ok, thanks! I thought that they're some very old dogs, cause they look like that but nice! Smile 

Back to top Go down
Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:22 am

Very nice dogs Susanne  cheers They look very artistic.

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

OK, here is our contribution!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!   Today at 10:45 am

Back to top Go down

Show Us Your Smallest and Largest Figures!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next