Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?

Go down 
+4
Roger
SUSANNE
scot(t)
Juan Andrés
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

Country/State : Spain

Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? Empty
PostSubject: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:59 pm

Very Happy Hey!
So,yes I was asking if there were any owners of that great figure.It's my most anticipated 2014 figure,so it'd awesome to see if someone here had it and it so,aI'd love it if he (/she would like to post pics).Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 11:58 am

Hi Juan, I got it a few days ago. I'll try to snap and post some pictures, but it's been snowing and raining and cloudy here for a while. The light is terrible

I will say this about the model: (1) The pleasant surprise (for me) was that the tail was longer than it appears in the stock pictures and despite touching the ground for a tripod position, it still feels like the tail is (at least for the most part) being held upright. In other words, it's looks less like a tail-dragger than I feared. (2) The unpleasant surprise was that the model is not painted nearly as well as it appears in the stock pictures. I know I shouldn't have been surprised -- this is typical -- but it really affects the overall look of the model and it was discouraging.

Overall, I really like it though. One of my favorite Tyrannosaurus rex models, easily.
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 7:04 pm

Thanks so much (in advance) for the pics.It's a truly great from what I've seen.It's my fave 2014 model.Can't wait to get one yayyy!!  drunken
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi Juan, I'm sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet. I'm still planning on doing it. The last several days have really just been difficult (no light, extremely cloudy, and to top it off, very sick baby to take care of). I'm hoping I'll get a chance this weekend. Again, I'm very sorry for the delay.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Does it have an item number, please ?  Very Happy 

Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:24 pm

scot(t) wrote:
Hi Juan, I'm sorry I haven't posted any pictures yet. I'm still planning on doing it. The last several days have really just been difficult (no light, extremely cloudy, and to top it off, very sick baby to take care of). I'm hoping I'll get a chance this weekend. Again, I'm very sorry for the delay.
Oh,don't worry. Thank you so much again  Very Happy 
Off topic,I hope the baby gets better  Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 10:36 pm

Juan Andrés wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
Oh,don't worry. Thank you so much again  Very Happy 

I also hope your baby gets better, Scott!
Juan, here wishing the best to our friends and their families is never a off topic subject. cheers

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 12:38 am

Here's an interesting T. Rex from Safari, Ltd. that I had never seen before:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 5:46 am

Wow! I've never seen that before. Phil, where did you find it? (Either the photo, or if you own it, the figure.) I wonder what the backstory is.

Very interesting!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 8:12 am

scot(t) wrote:
Wow! I've never seen that before. Phil, where did you find it? (Either the photo, or if you own it, the figure.) I wonder what the backstory is.

Very interesting!

Yes, it is really awesome  drunken 
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 9:38 am

It reminds me of the Schleich 15001-15006 WWF series.  It's for auction/sale, but it's definitely not inexpensive...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyWed Jan 22, 2014 6:29 pm

WOW !!!  affraid 

No ! Not inexpensive  lol! 

But BEAUTYFUL  cheers 

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:18 am

I missed some of the earlier comments and replies!

SUSANNE wrote:

Susanne, do you mean the item number for the new Carnegie Tyrannosaurus rex? If so, it is: 411301

Juan Andrés wrote:

Thank you so much! He is doing a lot better the last few days, but still recovering.

Roger wrote:

Juan, here wishing the best to our friends and their families is never a off topic subject. cheers

Thank you so much Roger!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:47 am

schleich61 wrote:
It reminds me of the Schleich 15001-15006 WWF series.  It's for auction/sale, but it's definitely not inexpensive...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wow  Shocked  I will buy a batch  Laughing 

@Scott: I missed something about your baby. I hope your baby and family are safe !
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:54 am

scot(t) wrote:

SUSANNE wrote:

Susanne, do you mean the item number for the new Carnegie Tyrannosaurus rex? If so, it is: 411301

Juan Andrés wrote:

Thank you so much! He is doing a lot better the last few days, but still recovering.

Roger wrote:

Thank you so much Roger!

I hope, too, Scott.

Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 8:59 am

donny ong wrote:
scot(t) wrote:

SUSANNE wrote:

Juan Andrés wrote:

Roger wrote:

Thank you so much Roger!

I hope, too, Scott.

Yes, Scott, it's great that your kid is getting better... Applause cheers 
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 9:05 am

scot(t) wrote:

SUSANNE wrote:

Ohh ! Thankyou ! I did not realize it is  an anniversary model Shocked   geek 

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:43 am

Thank you Christophe, Donny, and Phil! Very kind of you all. He is doing much better now.

Hi Susanne, yes apparently the previous Carnegie Tyrannosaurus was a "10th Anniversary Model" and this most recent one is the "25th Anniversary" model. However, I don't know what exactly it is supposed to be the Anniversary of (anniversary of the Carnegie Collection? of making their first T. rex? something else?). no idea….

…wait! I just looked up more information about the Carnegie Collection and it appears that they began the line and started making model in 1989, 25 years ago. So there you go: The Anniversary of the beginning of the Carnegie Collection. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:01 am

Ahhh! So that is why !!! Congratulations to Safari  cheers 

I suspect that if it was not for the cooperation with the museum, we might not have had this wonderful brand at all  drunken 

So now I hope to get this model  Very Happy 

scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:41 pm

Juan! (and any other interested parties), I finally was able to take a couple of pictures. Here are two halfway decent shots of the new 2014 Carnegie Tyrannosaurus rex (25th anniversary edition).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:45 pm

I think if you compare these shots (especially the first) with the Stock photo that Safari has released, you can see that the paintwork in the Stock photo is much better -- more textured, more detail, more variety of color, and so on. That's been my main source of disappointment. However, overall, I really like the figure. A lot. My favorite T. rex is still the Brown, "unfeathered" Kinto-Favorite T. rex from the recently released series. But this one is also very nice.
Back to top Go down
Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:32 pm

Thank you a lot scott for the pics.It looks so nice!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 11:36 pm

It is a gorgeous model, even if not as detailed as the catlogue Very Happy

Thankyou very much for the pictures, Scott  flower 

Juan Andrés

Juan Andrés

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 11:42 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Me,I can't wait to own it!  drunken
It's a VEry important piece for the Carnegie Collection.
I'm still sad they delayed the other Carnegie piece for 2014... Evil or Very Mad Oh,you can be almost completely positive it's a Velociraptor...just wait and see( It's not official )but what's official is that it's feathered!... drunken  drunken  drunken
Back to top Go down
john2xtheman

john2xtheman

Country/State : u.s.a.

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:02 pm

Juan Andrés wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Me,I can't wait to own it!  drunken
It's a VEry important piece for the Carnegie Collection.
I'm still sad they delayed the other Carnegie piece for 2014... Evil or Very Mad Oh,you can be almost completely positive it's a Velociraptor...just wait and see( It's not official )but what's official is that it's feathered!... drunken  drunken  drunken
Once you get a hold of one,you will not be disappointed.I have one (it looks exactly like the one Scott took pictures of) and I think this is the best Tyrannosaurus rex toy since the one from Battat in the 90's. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?   Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Carnegie Collection 2014 25th Anniversary Tyrannosaurus rex-Owners here?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next