Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Looking for better proportion animal figures

Go down 
+19
Tarunyada
widukind
Florian
orcagirl26
Roger
Bloodrayne
DaveScriv
Carola
donny ong
NightLioness
Saarlooswolfhound
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
MartinH
JonasV
Kikimalou
arafan
Bonobo
tqcenter2002
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 9:07 am

A long time ago, I ordered the AAA panda from Emma as well.
I had sent her an e-mail first to ask if she was okay with sending it to the Netherlands though.

Here it is next to the Safari ltd. Red Panda:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(Ps.: I repainted both pandas)

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 4:14 pm

I too think the CollectA red panda is very strange, I've seen it in toy shop once. It was, I think, even more bizarre than on catalog photo  scratch 
But other brands have quite nice red pandas, I think they are still possible to find Very Happy
AAA looks very nice indeed Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Simone this AAA red panda looks really amazing. drunken

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptySat May 24, 2014 5:21 pm

Roger wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
Roger wrote:
orcagirl26 wrote:
I also agree that AAA's red pandas are very nice, however I haven't seen them for sale anywhere. H and H Winners' Circle does sell AAA but I haven't seen them listed yet but they have been adding new AAA items every so often.

I think members here were getting the AAA red pandas from Emma (Jumpinglemurs). scratch
If I'm not wrong here is the link! Very Happy

I forgot about that, but she only ships to the UK  Neutral 

I think that e-mailing Emma directly she also sends to other European countries, though I doubt that she sends to Israel or USA. scratch

She might if you ask nicely  Smile 
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

Country/State : Israel

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Thank you all for helping me, as always :)
I do want to get me a Red panda - I am not looking for a Giant Panda therefore I can't get Safari ltd. It looks very big compared to the Rhino. Actually I got me a Giant Panda the latest from Schliech - IT IS A MUST HAVE for everyone - I think this is one of the beautiful Giant Panda I ever seen.

I would be happy to get me a NORMAL sized Red Panda - Is there a way I can get it? The AAA Red Panda is still possible to get? Overseas (Israel)
I think that Mojo should create a Red Panda (with the help of Anna of course) :)

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: American Bison - Help me choose   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi All,

I am more than thankful for all your kind help and guidance of which help me with my collection and hobby :) - Thank you!

I am looking for a good American Bison figure and it looks like there are so many to chose from :) including custom made figures.
I have come up with the following two and I would be happy if you could tell me which should I chose?
Papo 50119 - American Bison
or
Schleich 14714 - American Bison --> Looks the ONE! is that so? The picture looks great!
I know that there are many more that are beautiful as much as these. If I am wrong with my choice I would be happy to know.
Maybe
Safari Ltd NAW 290829 - Bison
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Is the answer :)

Thank for helping me as always.
I really appreciate you help.
I know that there a many of you that probably have all of them and have the "In-Hand" perspective of each one (including those that I didn't put here) - Like a contest between Bisons.

To me they all looks to be scaled with each other and other Bovine figures as well.

Thank You!
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2014 11:01 pm

My friend,
take a look at this thread and decide yourself:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2014 11:15 pm

Thanks Simon.

I know that it is hard to chose from and I know that I'll be getting more than one to be pleased with the Bison. That is why I have asked for help :) - I am thinking to get (now) Only the new released figures that I can afford.
And I know that there are plenty more to choose from.

The above 3 Bisons mentioned are in the list in the shop that I am planning to buy from and I would be happy if you could assist me to get the right one.

Thank You!
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptySun May 25, 2014 11:23 pm

Take the one(s) you like most, ans everything will be good. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 12:02 am

Bryan is right, amy of them is good. I have myself the Collecta one but amy other of current bisons would please me.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:21 am

It is almost impossible to give advice  scratch 

Some people like one, others like another. Rolling Eyes 

Personally I love the Papo one, - he is almost monumental, - byt the new Schleich has a better head, I think. Still a bit too cute , perhaps Wink 

You may also take a look at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 4:09 pm

arafan wrote:
Take the one(s) you like most, ans everything will be good. Very Happy

Thats right:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 4:18 pm

All are very good but my favourite is the PapoSmile 
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 8:46 pm

The Schleich is the smallest, the Papo the most impressive and the Safari Ltd the most realistic. So... Three good choices  Wink 
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:28 pm

Thank you all for you help and advises :) - Yes, Sometimes it really hard to choose.
Kiki - Does Schliech will scale correct with all others then the PAPO? Dose PAPO version really BIG?
Thanks for helping me choosing.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:57 pm

I don't have the brand new Schleich, but in comparison with the old Schleich Bison figures the papo one is quite large. I have almost all the bison from the brands (other than collectA and new Schleich and white Safari) and it is hard to choose. However, in your case with the three you can't decide from any one of them is a good choice.
The papo one has a very "grand" pose, making it look like a statue in a national park I've seen before, however it is a fantastic model. I can't speak for the new Schleich, but the pictures make it appear to have great texture and detail. The safari figure is also a great mold, however since it is a safari sometimes the paint may not be what you expected. Personally, I would choose the safari out of the three for realism, good size, and price etc.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyMon May 26, 2014 11:49 pm

It is up to you to decide. I am not a huge fan of the schleich 2014 bison, but that is just my opinion.

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 9:02 am

tqcenter2002 wrote:
Thank you all for you help and advises :) - Yes, Sometimes it really hard to choose.
Kiki - Does Schliech will scale correct with all others then the PAPO? Dose PAPO version really BIG?
Thanks for helping me choosing.

Here they are Very Happy

PS, - talking about Schleich and scale is really not relevant. The wolf is almost as tall as the Schleich buffalo  Laughing 

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue May 27, 2014 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 9:53 am

I have only collectA one but I would think about Papo if I choose from these 3 Very Happy Schleich looks also nice, I only don't really like the Safari LTD one. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
signatus

signatus

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:18 am

I have the figure of Lineol old brand and although it seems a great figure of bison with a good scale. Schleich Bison seems very small and I think Safari has a rare position.

The photos are not very good. sorry. Embarassed 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Likaon - Wildlife Models Shop [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My homemade models : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://signatustudio.com
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 9:35 pm

tqcenter2002 wrote:
Thank you all for helping me, as always :)
I do want to get me a Red panda - I am not looking for a Giant Panda therefore I can't get Safari ltd. It looks very big compared to the Rhino. Actually I got me a Giant Panda the latest from Schliech - IT IS A MUST HAVE for everyone - I think this is one of the beautiful Giant Panda I ever seen.

I would be happy to get me a NORMAL sized Red Panda - Is there a way I can get it? The AAA Red Panda is still possible to get? Overseas (Israel)
I think that Mojo should create a Red Panda (with the help of Anna of course) :)

Thank you.

I haven't seen any other sellers on eBay other than jumpinglemurs (Emma). She is willing to ship to other countries but you have to contact her first: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (read the Delivery section). H and H Winners' Circle is the only other place that I know of that sells AAA but they don't have the red panda.
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Thanks Orca.

When I get to the eBay it says "Shipping: Does not ship to Israel" - That means I can't get it.
I also have a US Dollar account of which I would like to use and not Euro.

pity - I thought I could get me the mom and kitten :)
Thanks
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyTue May 27, 2014 10:13 pm

tqcenter2002 wrote:
Thanks Orca.

When I get to the eBay it says "Shipping: Does not ship to Israel" - That means I can't get it.
I also have a US Dollar account of which I would like to use and not Euro.

pity - I thought I could get me the mom and kitten :)
Thanks

You're welcome!  Smile  It says this about shipping international: OVERSEAS CUSTOMERS - Please contact me directly if you require overseas shipping - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm sure she'd be willing to ship it to you? If you pay in USD it's $14.47 for the whole set or $8.88 for the kitten and $10.39 for the mom.
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyThu May 29, 2014 8:14 pm

Thank you all for your help!!! :)
Still that is hard for me to decide. I'll probably know better when I put my order out and click send.

thank you!
Back to top Go down
tqcenter2002

tqcenter2002

PostSubject: What brand is this Baboon?   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi All,

I have bought this baboon with baby and I would be happy to know which brand is it?
It is quite big for my collection and for an unknown reason I could not find it any more on the net.

I would be happy to know if it is retired figure? where can I see it on the net?

thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for better proportion animal figures   papo - Looking for better proportion animal figures - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for better proportion animal figures
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next