Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!

Go down 
+72
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Jill
Caracal
Taos
Stripedhyena
Concavenator
Mitsukuni
Burgerenby
Bonnie
George
Joliezac
alarikh
Advicot
spacelab
RtasVadumee
tjjtjjtjja
Steve170
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
Megaptera
Jolly Reaper
Catman
Florian
jarda
kessan
LindsyCreedon
Tylosaurus
Iuri97
castlerigg
barracudacat
Anne from Norway
WhiteLightning Wolf
elephas_maximus
Brunno
Bowhead Whale
WILLYBACOMAN
Bluemoonvixen
ezra18
Chris Sweetman
Roger
NightLioness
Tarunyada
skysthelimit
Ana
SUSANNE
widukind
Kikimalou
Wilorvise
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
costicuba
HKHollinstone
sauroid
Kristie
Dutch Bear
persefone
blackdanter
sadie3112
lucky luke
JonasV
CilleDK
DaveScriv
landrover
75senta75
ulinuk
scot(t)
Tiermann
weaselfan93
smallscaleworld
LeeAnn
NandO
Saarlooswolfhound
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyThu May 11, 2023 11:06 am

Lovely foxes! I love the tiny one from Kinder Very Happy And Playspaces has a lot of charm too Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyThu May 11, 2023 4:07 pm

Congrats on these wonderful foxes, and such a thoughtful gift! The resin is beautiful, but the little mystery guy at the end is my favorite. Such a cute face!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyThu May 11, 2023 6:13 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyThu May 11, 2023 9:19 pm

I am happy that I've been able to contribute to the greatest fox collection on earth! Yes, that last one is a mystery. I think it may be a knock-off of something, but what?

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri May 12, 2023 12:39 am

Congratulations, there's some really beautiful models here! I love the resin and Kinder especially.

A horrible method of gator hunting used by the swamp people here (not legally, just traditionally!) is to bait the hook with a puppy.
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri May 12, 2023 2:18 am

what wonderful foxes! I've never seen the Epochs before, they are really nice.

Roger I'm so glad you like the resin fox Very Happy
It was such fun to conspire with Roger over this desired model.

here are some progress pics, and the real fox who inspired the bionic paw Wink

measuring the exact length with wire
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

the inspiration

and some paint touch ups as well

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri May 12, 2023 6:21 pm

Wow great work!! I didn't realize the fix was so drastic, it looked so natural. Applause
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 12:10 am

Thanks Paige, Taylor, Fernando, Alain, Christophe, Anna, Jill, Andreas, Roger... study Wink , Kelly are you serious or is it a joke? affraid , Annette cheers cheers cheers and thanks for sharing the progress pictures!
Wonderful to see so many friends welcoming my foxes. Very Happy

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 12:47 am

There is a sad kernel of truth behind the term 'gator bait'. They really do use puppies or small dogs as bait. Gators love dog so it did/does work. affraid Sad I am totally against this practice and it's no longer legal but it happens.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyMon May 22, 2023 4:27 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
There is a sad kernel of truth behind the term 'gator bait'. They really do use puppies or small dogs as bait. Gators love dog so it did/does work. affraid Sad  I am totally against this practice and it's no longer legal but it happens.

It doesn't matter how aged I get, it will be always hard for me to understand how human creatures work. Sad

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 5:32 pm

Thanks to Christophe, here is a little but interesting update to my collection of foxes. Both are color variations of models I already owned. Starlux and Houghton Mifflin. The ones on the left are the variations I received from Kiki as a gift. cheers

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 6:15 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 6:23 pm

Nice new foxes

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyThu Oct 26, 2023 11:10 pm

never seen so pale Starlux! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 27, 2023 11:23 am

Thanks Taylor, Andreas and Alain! Very Happy

Caracal wrote:
never seen so pale Starlux! cheers cheers

Yes, I also have a kind of unofficial ones with a more traditional coloring.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri Oct 27, 2023 6:27 pm

Oh wonderful new additions Roger! And big hurray for Kiki!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 12:01 am

I received a fabulous surprise package from our dear friend Paige and among many great figures, there were two foxes. One is a duplicate but the other is just my most sought after fox.
Oh, this is the only fox I have those automatic searches on Ebay and I often receive alerts for stuffed Wild Republic fennecs. Laughing It was such a huge excitment when I unwrapped it and the illusive and beautiful K&M AZA Fennec was there! Very Happy
I coudn't immagine a most exciting way to receive this figure. A gift, a surprise and from a big friend! flower
I received also a 2nd Arctic fox from the Wild Republic Polar Nature tube.
Nevertheless, now I only have eyes for my new Fennec which you will see
later together with my other Fennecs. Wink

Thanks, Paige! It took some time for your name to join the Fox Wall of Fame, but you did it in a very stylish manner. cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 12:39 am

I am so glad it reached you safely! And I am very glad you like the fennec. The arctic I wasn't sure if you had already but I have noticed some slight differences in models I have come across.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 9:32 am

Are you sure it is an artic fox? its muzzle is so long, rather a wolf's one.. But anyway, a beautiful gift from Paige! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 11:40 am

Nice K&M additions

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 1:41 pm

Thanks Everyone! Here are my fennecs with at least one intruder.

Caracal wrote:
Are you sure it is an artic fox? its muzzle is so long, rather a wolf's one.. But anyway, a beautiful gift from Paige! cheers cheers  

Alain, that's a very pertinent question. I can see in many websites this figure listed as a "Artic wolf", yes, mispelled like this. though, some others list it as an Arctic fox.
The same sites which list it as a wolf, mention a black footed penguin in this set and honestly I can't see this species in this tube. Also, some other sites mention a sea lion and there's no sea lion, maybe they mean the leopard seal.
The figure is ambiguous and you are right about the muzzle but maybe the ears are to the shorter side and this pose is more traditional for fox figures.
Actually, I'd love to dissecate it for Toy Animal Wiki purposes because I believe this figure as a collectible can be used as a wolf or a fox and you know which one is my choice.

Below a picture with the Safari wolf and Papo fox.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 5:49 pm

Beautiful collection!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 6:01 pm

Congratulations on your new foxes! I find that K&M figures vary a lot in quality: some are very good and some are very poor. The fennec is one of the very good ones. Great sculpt and I like the simple painting style in particular.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptySun Nov 26, 2023 7:10 pm

Congrats on such a beautiful gift! That's such a nice model and a perfect collection for it to join. It is always such a great feeling to get a 'most wanted' that you have been looking for forever, and even better when it is a surprise gift. sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 12:44 am

Thanks Taylor, Roger and Jill! Very Happy
Roger, Wild Republic is very inconsistent in terms of design and quality because they work with a few different manufacturers. Even in the AZA collection, to which this fennec belongs, many models were made by AAA while this fennec and a good number of others we don't even know the manufacturer.

PostSubject: Re: Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!   Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox! - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roger's Collection of Foxes - 26th March 2024, a very stubborn fox!
Page 30 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next