Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Vote for the SUY of June ! Klick HERE sunny

Share | 

My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:44 pm

Since yesterday I have been the happy owner of half of the set no. 1 from Japanese brand Eikoh  cheers 
Some of these small models are average, but some are absolutely gorgeous Very Happy

The tags are very quite simple :

The info on the models :

Here we go :

Giant panda walking. There is also a sitting panda :

An otter with the most wonderful otterly expression  Laughing 

One of the models I love very much.
Male lion lying , basking in the shade of a big acacia-tree, I imagine Wink

The zebra is so-so, but has a lot of charm :

Here one of the masterpieces, - male gorilla !!!  monkey  cheers 
Look at his face ! And I like very much the way you can see some faint traces of the sculptor's tools Wink

Lovely turtle, - I like turtle, and this one is a great addition to my collection  alien  Very Happy 

A prarie dog.
Perhaps the least impressive of the flock, - but ok , IMHO Wink
Better paintwork could probably do him a lot of good ?

At last the absolute flagship : The shoebill  cheers 
Postsarichian alredy made a wondefful walkaround here,
But I just have to show this lovely model here, too Wink

At last two size comparisons.
Schleich gorilla male to the left :

Baby turtle from Schleich to the left. I know which one I like best  Very Happy 

Thankyou, Brett, for making me aware of these great models Very Happy

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:03 am

Wow! I've never heard of this brand before, and there are some great figures from them I see! cheers That lion is amazing Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://mistystarstudios.blogspot.com
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:44 am

That's an interesting company. Very Happy their concept is apparently more similar with European standards than with Japanese. Quality is disputbal and very variable among these figures but a brand to follow for sure. Very Happy
I have already two in my wish list, the shoebill and the prairie dog, though I'd love to see a size comparison picture of the prairie dog with one of the marmots from major brands if possible? cat
Congratulations and I am eager to see how other figures look like, gazelle, jackal, etc., although reminescent from other brands, they look great in catalogue pictures. :)
A last note to say that lions are usually very bad in these "average" quality brands but this one, not being a masterpiece, is simple but quite decent and its pose is great! Very Happy

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:55 am

Other door open to our collections.cheers cheers cheers 

My dream is to have the shoebill bounce bounce 

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:17 am

Big congratulation Susanne, I couldn't afford them so I missed the batch but this shoebill must be on my shelf soon or later  Shocked   Very Happy   bounce 

CilleDK

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:56 am

congrats Susanne, I love the lion, a very nice figure.  cheers 

Back to top Go down
JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:01 pm

I think one thing what's well thought is their very natural poses. All of them has very lifelike positions. For example the zebra - it seems like a sausage with stripes but same time very good. I like them cheers Congratulations on your first, wonderful Eikoh animals, Susanne!  Very Happy 

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Thankyou for your comments, friends Very Happy

@Roger wrote:
That's an interesting company. Very Happy their concept is apparently more similar with European standards than with Japanese. Quality is disputable and very variable among these figures but a brand to follow for sure. Very Happy
I have already two in my wish list, the shoebill and the prairie dog, though I'd love to see a size comparison picture of the prairie dog with one of the marmots from major brands if possible? cat
Congratulations and I am eager to see how other figures look like, gazelle, jackal, etc., although reminiscent from other brands, they look great in catalogue pictures. :)
A last note to say that lions are usually very bad in these "average" quality brands but this one, not being a masterpiece, is simple but quite decent and its pose is great! Very Happy

Sure ! Here is a comparison to some of my marmots :

From left : Schleich, Eikoh praried dog , Starlux and Papo Wink

Of course models are always disputable, because we all have different tatste. That is part of the fun in this forum Laughing 
I love them very much, the ones I have seen.
The zebra is perhaps the lest interesting, and the prarie dog's paintwork is not very interesting either, but IMHO they are enormously charming, and made of nice material  Very Happy 

I am also very eager to see the other models, and hope to get them some day  bounce bounce Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:03 pm

jonesee wrote:
I think one thing what's well thought is their very natural poses. All of them has very lifelike positions. For example the zebra - it seems like a sausage with stripes but same time very good. I like them cheers Congratulations on your first, wonderful Eikoh animals, Susanne!  Very Happy 

Exactly, Jonas, - they do have a lot of "something", - and with your artist's eyes can point out some of what it is  cheers 

Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:25 pm

@Roger wrote:
That's an interesting company. Very Happy their concept is apparently more similar with European standards than with Japanese. Quality is disputable and very variable among these figures but a brand to follow for sure. Very Happy
Congratulations and I am eager to see how other figures look like, gazelle, jackal, etc., although reminiscent from other brands, they look great in catalogue pictures. :)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:31 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:

Sure ! Here is a comparison to some of my marmots :
From left : Schleich, Eikoh praried dog , Starlux and Papo Wink

Of course models are always disputable, because we all have different tatste. That is part of the fun in this forum Laughing 
I love them very much, the ones I have seen.
The zebra is perhaps the lest interesting, and the prarie dog's paintwork is not very interesting either, but IMHO they are enormously charming, and made of nice material  Very Happy 

I am also very eager to see the other models, and hope to get them some day  bounce bounce Very Happy

Thanks Susanne, one of the marmots was enough but you always give us much more than we expect. Very Happy The detail of the Starlux being included is delicious. Lovely little figure. Very Happy
Prairie dog has a nice size. Very Happy Many thanks! flower

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:46 pm

Lovely set from this new brand! I just love the shoebill! cheers Congrats Susanne! cheers

http://www.horseandbird.com
JonasV

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:01 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:
jonesee wrote:

Exactly, Jonas, - they do have a lot of "something", - and with your artist's eyes can point out some of what it is  cheers 

Very Happy Indeed they have! Hah Embarassed Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:02 pm

I also waiting for this set!! Big congratulations Susanne!! cheers cheers cheers 

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:59 pm

Oh, that Shoebill  Applause cheers 

postsaurischian

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Beautiful pictures, Susanne Smile .

The other figure I had to get from the first Eikoh set is the Capybara.
I hope you don't mind me posting a picture here Embarassed ?!

....... by the way here are the official promo pics of set 1 & 2 by Eikoh (maybe we could make this the Eikoh thread):
... I want the Mandrill bounce !

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Thankyou PS cheers

Yes, yes, pictures from otherSTS-friends are MOST wellcome bounce Applause Applause

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:37 pm

I keep looking at that lions face, he looks like my Abu ^^

Very pretty little figures, congrats Very Happy

*Those big cats and otter and giraffes and jackal and armadillo and ghehehe....tongue Embarassed *

JonasV

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:11 pm

Aw so cute drunken

Back to top Go down
Numaan

Country/State : London, UK

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:43 am

first time i have come across these models. can someone give me more information about this range? where can we buy thrm? are they sold individually? any website links? i cannot find anything about them through google. thank you
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:34 am

I got mine through Brett , you can mail him here : bmknj17@aol.com Very Happy

On TAI http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Eikoh

That is all I know Wink

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:23 am

Congratulations my friends for these miniatures But great poses and diversity!
thank you for your beautiful pictures and comparisons with other models!
some of these animals a great wish! Very Happy Applause cheers Cool drunken bounce study
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:43 am

Thankyou, Luc Very Happy

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:23 pm

My friends here are a lot of new figurine Eikoh!  cheers  Very Happy  Shocked  Cool  sunny  drunken  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce
Really beautiful these little models; which integrates most in our standard!
The Fenec is; stunning! I must have it!
The chameleon is top too, The Eagle setller I drool the tamandua;;;;
This lot has happened under my nose, I must say that I already had a full wagon in my basket and they are new ones here !!!!
Capybara, Swan, Toucan, and of course the Shoebill

Thank you!

If someone has a good plan for the procurement, retail .... Please PM
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:55 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked Where have you found these pics Jean-Luc ??? bounce

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:13 am

Very interesting pics Jean-Luc, so we can hope for more stuff by this brand:)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:44 pm

Yes, that's quite interesting! I want to know more! bounce bounce Fennec and some more little great creatures! Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:33 pm

I am sorry, but I have heard that some of those others are actually Yowies, - American Yowies scratch

I know nothing about American Yowies, - can sombody tell ?? Shocked
Isn't the style more like EIKOH ?

landrover

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:21 am

Bravo EIKOH, cheers cheers cheers cheers

Thanks for sharing Lucky

Numaan

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:37 pm

I would like to see some more close up shots of the Okapi and Fennec please :-)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:57 pm

@Numaan wrote:

I think nobody here has seen them in real scratch

elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:40 pm

The Okapi and Fennec are part of vol. 5 & 6 I believe.

Last edited by elephas_maximus on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:42 pm

I think the pose of black leopard is really beautiful! Smile

http://www.horseandbird.com
Numaan

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:52 pm

Thanks for the pictures

Last edited by Numaan on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Numaan

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:57 pm

Thanks for the picture. How exactly are these models sold? As a box set? Individually? Anyone know the companys website or how to write Eikoh in Japanese so one can search on google or yahoo japan?

Also many of the models are copies of major brands - you can see this in many models such as the JAckal, the snow owl, tortoise, gazelle, flamingo, crocodile, lioness, shoebill, capybara, african elephant calf....  You can see nearly every brand copied from Safari Ltd, Schleich, Mojo, CollectA and even Doki Doki. I am not complaining as these are cute but just wondered how they got away with it or if any of the brands even realise Very Happy Very Happy

There are of course some great originals here such as the Wildebeest, Okapi, Fennec and that lovely Stellers Sea Eagle.

Last edited by Numaan on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Numaan

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Some pics of their miniature diorama box sets which look cute:

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:33 pm

That's so interesting! Very Happy Actually I like these figures, they match nicely the concept of major brands with an appealing design. Unfortunately they're not easy to get, mainly when we are only interested in 1 or 2 figures each vol. I have shoebill and prairie dog thanks to miraculous Susanne, I wished I could get the seven-banded armadillo and some more from these last being presented. But buying from Japan a complete set only because of one figure is painful. Sad

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:36 pm

Here is one of my favorite, open wings settler Eagle, and the fennec! Very Happy Cool

Celui ci il me le faut absolument !!!!! drunken bounce

Sad Sad confused
Back to top Go down
arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:15 pm

I'm in love with some of these figures, too bad that you only can find them in Japan. I really hope to get them one day in Europe Very Happy

Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:08 pm

@Numaan wrote:
Thanks for the picture.  How exactly are these models sold? As a box set? Individually?  Anyone know the companys website or how to write Eikoh in Japanese so one can search on google or yahoo japan?

Also many of the models are copies of major brands - you can see this in many models such as the JAckal, the snow owl, tortoise, gazelle, flamingo, crocodile, lioness, shoebill, capybara, african elephant calf....  You can see nearly every brand copied from Safari Ltd, Schleich, Mojo, CollectA and even Doki Doki. I am not complaining as these are cute but just wondered how they got away with it or if any of the brands even realise Very Happy Very Happy

There are of course some great originals here such as the Wildebeest, Okapi, Fennec and that lovely Stellers Sea Eagle.

Even the copies are different from the originals, the size are really different. That's what I like, they are really different items Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:09 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:
@Numaan wrote:

I think nobody here has seen them in real scratch

It is only a matter of time cheers Wink

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:39 pm

Wow

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:41 am

These Eikoh show us,great variety.

I like chamaleon, and eagle and .... others

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:04 pm

Never heard of this brand and then I find in Kikimalous Collection some animals I really need Very Happy Where have you bought them? On ebay? Or is here someone who can sell them? bounce
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:03 pm

This is my first Eikoh generously received from one donor thank you again!  Very Happy  cheers  Applause  drunken

Cool  sunny

I'll post pictures of the other three buy via Jauce last month!  Wink
Surprise .... I must still makes Photos study jocolor Cool
Back to top Go down
widukind

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:12 am

A beauty Jean-Luc!

Country/State : españa

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:47 pm

@elephas_maximus wrote:
The Okapi and Fennec are part of vol. 5 & 6 I believe.

Oh my, look at that tamandua Shocked And the fennec, the okapi, the red panda, the hedgehog, the Steller's sea eagle.. I need to get my first Eikoh figurines!!

http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)   

Back to top Go down

My first Eikoh models, - but I hope they are not the last ;-)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Japanese companies :: Eikoh-
Jump to: