Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses

Go down 
+6
SUSANNE
JonasV
Noémi
Roger
Ana
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

Country/State : Switzerland

mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses Empty
PostSubject: How big are Mojö replicas?   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 pm

I've just discovered this new brand, and managed to read a bit about its origin in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I've had a chance to check their 2012 catalogue and see some pics posted by other members. I was really impressed, but I have a doubt: how big are they compared to Schleich or Papo figures?

I'm especially curious about the horses.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 pm

Horses are slightly bigger then Schleich, scale 1:19 But they are not as big as CollectA horses. Only schleich horse I have with me is old chestnut draft, I will use him for comparison :)
For other animals: white rhino is about the size of current Schleich black rhino and Nile crocodile is very similar in size to Schleich croc :)
You see Appaloosa and QH are actually the same size as this Schleich horse. They have the same high in shoulders :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Thanks so much! The pic really helps.

How do you find them quality-wise? Is the plastic hard or soft as in Bully figures? Do they get easily scratched?

Thanks for the kind help!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 3:04 pm

Mojo figures are similar to Schleich in many aspects. The plastic is very similar to Schleich and not to Bullyland. Sizes are also very similar, in average Mojo are slightly larger but not relevant differences.
in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can see some Scott pictures showing some Mojo figures in comparison with other brands, namely Schleich. Very Happy
Browsing the forum you'll find many more,
You can find on Toy Animal Wiki a complete list of Mojo horses with release years and pictures. Very Happy I think you'll find funny as soon as you find who sculpted the 2012 horses! Laughing

∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:07 pm

Roger wrote:
Mojo figures are similar to Schleich in many aspects. The plastic is very similar to Schleich and not to Bullyland. Sizes are also very similar, in average Mojo are slightly larger but not relevant differences.
in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can see some Scott pictures showing some Mojo figures in comparison with other brands, namely Schleich. Very Happy
You can find on Toy Animal Wiki a complete list of Mojo horses with release years and pictures. Very Happy I think you'll find funny as soon as you find who sculpted the 2012 horses! Laughing

Thanks! Very helpful!
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 6:42 pm

Can anybody start it with photos? I have only Schleich and few Bullyland horses Smile
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:27 pm

Hey Noémi! sunny

I've only this photo of the Fjord. I hope I can help a bit Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:38 pm

Thank You Jonas. Smile

I really curious to:
-Schleich Arabers with Mojö Araber
-Schleich Percheron with Mojö Suffolk Punch
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 8:51 pm

You're welocme sunny

Sorry I can't help you with that but I guess someone else do Smile

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:08 pm

Sorry, the colours are not too good, but at least you can see the chapes and sizes, I hope Wink

Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:25 pm

Thank You very much Susanne(again)! Smile
Do you know the Mojö Arab mare is same big as the stallion or smaller?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:36 pm

I only have the handmade mare from Anna, but I think the size is the same  Shocked

She is smaller than the stallion, - but she is so feminine, it looks quite natural , doesn't it ?

Or he could be a shagya-arab, - they are larger Very Happy

She certainly is 100 times more accurate than the mare from Schleich Laughing

Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:42 pm

Thank You very much! Smile
Anna's araber mare is absolute wonderful! I love her. Applause
But I'm afraid a bit big to my collection. She looks too big next to Schleich Arabers. Sad
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:54 pm

Well, Arabs come in many sizes [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink

Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 10:19 pm

Thank You! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 1:59 am

I merged this topic with a little and older one. Very Happy
Also I've found this pictures from Leean with Andalusians. Very Happy

Mojö and Schleich Andalusian stallions
Leeann's picture

Jetty

Country/State : the Netherlands

PostSubject: Horse comparisons   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 8:50 am

Bacardi King wrote:
I also have a Schleich horse collection but CollectA have some wonderful horses. Sadly lot of from their horses are more bigger than Schleich (for example the two beauties, Akhal and Fjord Horses). I can't put them to my collection because of their size. I'm happy their Dartmoor is same size as Schleich.
About Mojö horses I don't know any size info. Rolling Eyes

Even with Schleich horses there is a different in size.... take the fjords, the first ones are smaller then the new ones.... also with the Friesian.... the first one looks like a pony compared to the new one .
I believe that if you love the little horses any brand is great to collect , and you miss out of some beautifull horses if you stay with one brand... Laughing
I use to collect only schleich.....and only with my fjord collection I collect the other brands, but since I discoverd collecta on this forum, my wishlist has greatly expanded Cool
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 9:34 am

Bacardi King wrote:
Thank You very much! Smile
Anna's araber mare is absolute wonderful! I love her. Applause  
But I'm afraid a bit big to my collection. She looks too big next to Schleich Arabers. Sad

Noemi, the Mojo Arabian mare is similar in size to old versions of Schleich Arabians. New Schleich mare is smaller as far as I can see on photos. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 9:37 am

Really? It's fantastic! Thank You! :) I love your Arabian mares. I like old Schleich arabian mare too but don't like their new one.
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptyMon Sep 01, 2014 1:49 pm

I will hopefully have my photo display out today, I can grab some other photos for you.

Thanks for posting that here Roger. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 1:43 am

Again the Appaloosa mold, now in another color and compared with a Schleich of a more similar conformation, the Hanoverian. They're almost the same size, only Schleich's is a little longer, heads are the same size and they are as tall as other.
Schleich Hannoverian and Mojo Appaloosa (testing sample)

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:51 am

Nice photos! :) Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Great comparison photos cyclops Also first time I see the new Mojo Arab stallion in hand.

Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 10:26 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I only have the handmade mare from Anna, but I think the size is the same  Shocked

She is smaller than the stallion, - but she is so feminine, it looks quite natural , doesn't it ?

Or he could be a shagya-arab, - they are larger Very Happy

She certainly is 100 times more accurate than the mare from Schleich Laughing
Awww... I didn't see this photo yet. This beauty is your question  Her twin will be mine. Wink
Back to top Go down
Braria

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 12:34 pm

Roger wrote:

Hi, wouldn't it be time we did a big Wikia dedicated to each brand, their current offers of each product, old versions and comparisons between brands?

I think not only collectors would be interested but so would parents (as me) purchasing these figurines for their children. The wikia could technically branch out later to include wooden toys from famous brands as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next