Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses

Go down 
+6
SUSANNE
JonasV
Noémi
Roger
Ana
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 11:53 am

Braria wrote:

Hi, wouldn't it be time we did a big Wikia dedicated to each brand, their current offers of each product, old versions and comparisons between brands?

I think not only collectors would be interested but so would parents (as me) purchasing these figurines for their children. The wikia could technically branch out later to include wooden toys from famous brands as well.

Welcome on forum! We're already working on it as you can see from the link provided in the post you quoted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This wiki already lists everything we could list so far, and the most well-known brands are not complete, but I would say some are around 99%. As for photos with comparisons, I think their place is in forums and collector communities. It would be practically impossible to include this type of photos in a structure like this for several reasons. First, the wiki is not free for those who create it and has annual costs to bear, which can vary depending on the specific requirements of the wiki. In addition, volunteer editors are needed to ensure that everything stays updated or that what is missing is completed. With the current structure and despite the dedication of some collectors who gain nothing in return, it has been impossible to cover all brands, figures, and photos, in addition to a lot of information that is also shared. The universe of animal figures is enormous, and many more volunteers would be needed to ensure a wiki as complete as possible.
If we start adding wooden figures as well, we will make our work even more difficult, and these figures are not so popular among most collectors. It would be a huge effort that would benefit very few, besides the difficulty we would have in posting photos of figures that no one has. The Minizoo store provides a lot of interesting information for customers, and of course, if any information or comparison is needed, this is the right forum to seek answers.

Country/State : Slovakia

mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses   mojo - Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 07, 2024 9:10 pm

Roger wrote:

Welcome on forum! We're already working on it as you can see from the link provided in the post you quoted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This wiki already lists everything we could list so far, and the most well-known brands are not complete, but I would say some are around 99%. As for photos with comparisons, I think their place is in forums and collector communities. It would be practically impossible to include this type of photos in a structure like this for several reasons. First, the wiki is not free for those who create it and has annual costs to bear, which can vary depending on the specific requirements of the wiki. In addition, volunteer editors are needed to ensure that everything stays updated or that what is missing is completed. With the current structure and despite the dedication of some collectors who gain nothing in return, it has been impossible to cover all brands, figures, and photos, in addition to a lot of information that is also shared. The universe of animal figures is enormous, and many more volunteers would be needed to ensure a wiki as complete as possible.
If we start adding wooden figures as well, we will make our work even more difficult, and these figures are not so popular among most collectors. It would be a huge effort that would benefit very few, besides the difficulty we would have in posting photos of figures that no one has. The Minizoo store provides a lot of interesting information for customers, and of course, if any information or comparison is needed, this is the right forum to seek answers.

Thank you :)
I think you have a very pendantic view of it, thinking you must try to fill every niche. I view it the opposite, open ended way, and while yes, there would probably have to be a few volunteers making sure that people don't troll and hijack the page, and who create the first general structure and organisation of the page, the inserts themselves could be done by each person individually
I feel like it would absolutely be enough to show dimenstions of the animal and then comparison side by side. We could also lend images from people who already created some - for example as such [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] all that would have to be made are the general links for the categories and allow the people to add. I use other fan wikias, such as this game wiki: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I myself as a user have contributed on multiple occasions. It makes me feel like a part of a bigger community even though I am not a die-hard fan or - in this case - a huge collector.
Back to top Go down

Comparing Mojö and Schleich horses
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2