Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New animals: How and when do you place them?

Go down 
+4
DaveScriv
LeeAnn
Wilorvise
NightLioness
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

New animals: How and when do you place them? Empty
PostSubject: New animals: How and when do you place them?   New animals: How and when do you place them? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Looking at my desk and seeing a small pile of new animals, I have the daunting task to give them all a new place in my collection! (new animals counting up to 20...)
I'm gonna spend a few hours on this, rearranging my cabinet and cleaning a bit tongue

I though about it, and I think it is a good topic for a new topic XD

So! How and when do you place your new animals?

Very curious to read some comments on this! cheers

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: New animals: How and when do you place them?   New animals: How and when do you place them? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Well, besides the ones that are in a box awaiting Christmas, we arrange them precisely into three groups: ones the son is guaranteed to be able to play with, ditto for the daughter's, and the ones they get to share. :)

Though I might just be lazy if I didn't have the kids and have a "New Toy" section like the library has a new book section and let the new ones have a shelf of their own for a few weeks before integrating...

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New animals: How and when do you place them?   New animals: How and when do you place them? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 2:57 pm

As soon as I get one ones I take photos, and then make a space on the shelf immediately. If I have a model horse show coming up and I get a new model, it will go on the table with the rest of my show string.

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: New animals: How and when do you place them?   New animals: How and when do you place them? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 3:48 pm

My collection isn't on display (just a few figures in cabinets - way less than 1%), but all packed away in a multitude of little boxes, tins and other containers (some types of supermarket ready meal plastic containers are handy for this), each with a series or part of a series, sometimes just colour versions of a single figure (such as multiple dress colours of farm milk maids). All of my collection is sorted by both theme and brand, sometimes with a few very minor vintage brands in together as 'others' if I have say, just a few lead knights by brands other than Britains.

I photograph all of my collection, so I have to re-photograph the relevant groups when I get new items. I bought a big lot (40+) of old lead Cowboys & Indians at an antique fair over the weekend, so have since been photographing much of this part of my collection to keep my photo records up to date.

After doing this, I needed some more small boxes, and am now wondering where to put them all.
Yes, my house is rapidly looking ever more like those featured in TV 'reality' shows about compulsive hoarders. Embarassed

If I did have display cabinets, I would obviously re-arrange the relevant shelf/part shelf a bit, as necessary, for each series/group with new additions. Then there would no doubt be occasional major moves when my collection had grown enough to need an extra display cabinet.

Last edited by DaveScriv on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New animals: How and when do you place them?   New animals: How and when do you place them? EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 8:03 pm

All my newcomers i post before my zoo news. This zoo news i share in the beginning of every new month. After that i post all in different topic:)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New animals: How and when do you place them?   New animals: How and when do you place them? EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm

I wish i had room to put all new figures in the glass cabinet right away after cleaning and re-arranging. But it is quite cramped up so I will need to clear out two shelves with non-figure bear stuff like cartoon bears, coins, rubber stamps, sugar sacks, thimbles, fridge magnets, belt buckles, keyrings, glasses, coffee mugs, alcohol and even the 4 XXL polarbears at the bottom shelf. I dont want to take it all out, put it in boxes to store away, but I do realy need that space for over 50 new arrivals from the last few weeks. and to give the present ones more room.

Back to top Go down
QuollMate

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: New animals: How and when do you place them?   New animals: How and when do you place them? EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:38 pm

When I get new figures, I kinda mess/play with them for a little while, then they get integrated with my main collection. I have a bookshelf with 4 sections in it so I can have several displays. The turantula just died, so her cage is in the basement and my dresser is free for a new collection. I hope to start my upcoming dragon collection. Very Happy

exclamation MY SEARCHLIST exclamation
exclamation EBAY STORE exclamation
exclamation TRADE LIST exclamation

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
https://www.instagram.com/olympus_593

Concorde Page
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde

Collectibles Page
https://instagram.com/supersonic_trilobite
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
googie212

googie212

Country/State : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: New animals: How and when do you place them?   New animals: How and when do you place them? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:45 pm

I made a craft stick stable for my four horses. The stable has three stalls, for two of the horses, Majesty and Molly, share a stall. They are sisters, and love to be together. I have a place on my shelf for all my special figurines, and all the rest of them are in a bin in my closet.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New animals: How and when do you place them?   New animals: How and when do you place them? Empty

Back to top Go down

New animals: How and when do you place them?
Page 1 of 1