Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New roaring lion from Papo 2014

Go down 
+20
Kristie
Sergey
scot(t)
MARTINLATIN
ken yeo
sadie3112
Ana
signatus
costicuba
Roger
LukaLeon085
NightLioness
JonasV
Bloodrayne
arafan
LeeAnn
skysthelimit
widukind
Saarlooswolfhound
SUSANNE
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

New roaring lion from Papo 2014 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Very handsome indeed cyclops

Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:52 pm

Susanne, I find this one not bad but I must say that the glued lines are too visible.
However, one of my local shop had this one so I bought it today :)

Here is mine :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:43 pm

Congratulations, Florian! Very Happy
Too bad the glued jaw etc are so easy to see Neutral But nice photo though! cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks Jonas sunny

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:38 pm

Wonderful picture Florian! Very Happy Congratulations! cheers

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 7:18 am

SUSANNE wrote:
scot(t) wrote:
....... Papo has impressed me this year. I love the Hippopotamus Cow, I was blown away by the Octopus, the Snow Leopard is fantastic, and now the Lion looks great. It's hard to complain.

And the husky Very Happy
And we have not seen the Siamese cat yet cheers

It's true! I'm actually really looking forward to the Papo Siamese Cat. Of the few from this year I have yet to get, it's at the top of my list along with the CollectA Juvenile T. rex and the Fallow Deer.

Susanne, I have to say, the Papo Roaring Lion arrived at my door two days ago and it is great.  The seams on the jaw are barely visible in person. Isn't that strange? They stand out so much more in your pictures than in person. I honestly think this is the best Male Lion out there. (In my view, even better than Mojo's.) It's fantastic.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:57 am

scot(t) wrote:

Susanne, I have to say, the Papo Roaring Lion arrived at my door two days ago and it is great.  The seams on the jaw are barely visible in person. Isn't that strange? They stand out so much more in your pictures than in person. I honestly think this is the best Male Lion out there. (In my view, even better than Mojo's.) It's fantastic.

Exactly Very Happy

We keep saying it : Seams etc stand out a terrible lot in the close-ups in hard spotlight needed for showing details  Rolling Eyes

But if we take a look at Costa's list :
costicuba wrote:

When you take this model in your hands, you will see and feel, so much details, that makes him look realistic.
The expresion - excellent.
The anatomy - perfect ! (no strange legs)..:)
The position of the body - very realistic.
The paint job - pretty good.
The most impressive thing for me, from the Papo models, is the way how the sculptors make the
texture of the animal skin and hair. They make it very realistic...something that I still don`t see in the models of the other major brands. Of course, they make also good wild cats models, but when the sculptors of other brands make the texture, they use more simple scratching with the tools.
The perfect example for the empresive  texture in the Papo models is the Snow leopard.
This lion is no exception too.
I also don`t like  ``puzzles and glue``..and I hope that Papo will improve that in the future,

The enormously fine details completely takes your mind of this (little) flaw cheers

Seeway

Seeway

Country/State : Taiwan

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Susanne, thank you very much for such detailed photos. I have been waiting for this model coming out for long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New roaring lion from Papo 2014   New roaring lion from Papo 2014 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New roaring lion from Papo 2014
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2