Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3

Go down 
+10
Dum_my
SUSANNE
SyLoBe
Wilorvise
Saarlooswolfhound
Shanti
ulinuk
A-J
Ana
widukind
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sadie3112

sadie3112

Country/State : England

Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 Empty
PostSubject: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:13 pm

In the past few weeks, I have decided to try and customise some of my schleich horses, here are the results and the process in picture form:

First is the TWH stallion, I did his first coat of white paint a week or so ago
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then I did a second white coating of paint.

I thought a dark colour would be best for my first complete custom (though he looked like he belonged on top of a trophy! Laughing )

Then another coat of black

I then used a mixture of black and brown to create this and the next several layers of paint

I also gave him a sock Laughing

You can almost see his blaze on his face in this photo

Then after painting his hooves, he was free to roam around cheers

And what a handsome boy he is!

As always, thank you for reading and I hope to be updating this thread soon Very Happy

Last edited by sadie3112 on Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:33 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
sadie3112

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:26 pm

After the successful customisation of the TWH, I decided to do it again, this time with one of my favourite models-the Hanoverian stallion. (I already think I'm addicted! Laughing )

Here he is after the first layer of paint:

Then of course his second and third layers:

Now the more exciting part! The first layer of colour-I believe this was several different shades of brown combined with a little black:

Another layer..

A darker mix of the above colours (a little more black added, I believe)

Now some (hard to see) shading and his mane & tail

After some gloss, socks and hoof painting, here he is:

And a close up of his sweet face:

I would say this was a successful custom, let's hope there's more to come in the future Laughing

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:27 pm

Very nice work!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Great customs cheers

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Abby I love them! Very Happy Black for the TWH is a great choice. I really like him, but would like even more without the blaze if you don't mind me saying this. Razz Great!
The hanoverian has such a nice color as well, the brown color is looking very delicious on him Very Happy

Thnak you for showing! cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 3:33 pm

Beautiful repaints! You chose some amazing colours and the effect is very lovely. cheers

What kind of lens or camera do you use? I see the pictures seems to be distorted but I don't know if it is untypical lens or maybe you resized them in graphic program and something unexpected happens to them? scratch

Anyway, great work on the repaints!! Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
sadie3112

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Thank you everyone for your advice and compliments cheers
And Anna, I don't edit my photos, I think it's just me trying to workout what size is best when posting them on the forum (I'm assuming this is causing the distortion you're seeing).

Hopefully I will figure out the correct size soon and it will prevent the distortion issues in the future Very Happy

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 6:07 pm

If it helps, I use GIMP for photo editing/resizing. You can enter the size for one side (typically we go with 500px on the longest side around here), hit enter, and the other side will automatically resize proportionally with the first side. No fiddling around with numbers. And then of course there is the added benefit of editing. Wink

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 6:16 pm

Thank you for the advice LeeAnn! When I was experimenting earlier, I accidentally turned my TWH into a sausage! Laughing Laughing

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 6:21 pm

lol! That reminds me of the Breyer mold Khemosabi, better known as "Khemosausage"

You can see why...

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
better known as "Khemosausage"
lol! lol!

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 6:31 pm

I've resized the pictures in my first post to 500px x 375px so hopefully it's better for everyone to see now Very Happy

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Yes, it seems better! Very Happy
Beautiful horses! ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 5:14 pm

Wonderful horses cheers
I hope to see more Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
sadie3112

sadie3112

PostSubject: Abby's Customs! Update 18th Oct   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:48 am

My latest custom is the schleich Palomino Stallion (13618)

Like usual, I started with two white base coats of paint.

Then I added a layer of burnt sienna (he looks like he's smothered in ketchup  Laughing  )

Then after another layer of burnt sienna, I used several different shades of brown mixed with a little black

This is him with his base colour finished

Then I painted some detailing on his legs, muzzle and mane and tail (though it's hard too see in this picture).

Here he is outside and almost finished (he still needs his hooves and glossing to be completed)

And here is his other side

Overall, I think I am improving and have impressed myself with his shading (the pictures don't necessarily do him justice Very Happy )

Some bonus pictures I found of one of my dogs on my camera from last week Very Happy

As always, thank you for reading and have a wonderful day Very Happy

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Very nice horses cyclops cyclops cyclops

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
sadie3112

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:39 pm

Thank you Very Happy

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 6:03 pm

Aw cute doggie! XD
The new bay looks very nice. I think the palomino is such a nice model and you just gave him a new life Very Happy
My favorite of all your horses is the hanoverian! I love him x3

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Nice customs! I like the "in-progress-pictures"! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:12 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 5:51 pm

It's great to see you're having fun with this! Very Happy Nice work!

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 9:18 am

Veru nice work!
They are so nicely shaded Very Happy
Where do you juse the glossy you refure to?
They don't look so glossy :) i like that !\

Greetz Very Happy

sadie3112

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 9:27 am

I usually use the gloss on the eyes, nose and sometimes the hooves to make the model slightly more realistic Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 4:41 pm

Gorgeous customs. You have a great job with all of them!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 6:13 pm

great paint work

PostSubject: Re: Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3   Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Abby's Customs! - Small Update 1st October p3
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next