Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour

Go down 
+19
Roger
lucky luke
Froggie
QuollMate
sbell
widukind
Tarunyada
K907
weaselfan93
A.R.Garcia
Kikimalou
Duck-Anch-Amun
PeGe
landrover
Taos
jhudstone
schleich61
SUSANNE
jarda
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Froggie

Froggie

Country/State : Potsdam, Germany

7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour Empty
PostSubject: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 5:07 pm

Here I am sharing now the most touching and generous gift I've ever received during my whole collection time. Junglejim, such an incredibly wonderful person, has send me his original Playvisions Catalog from 1998! This treasure is of course not ment to be stored away in a safe but to be shared with all of you who are interested in this company that was once so brilliant and ingenious and is so mediocre nowadays.
So let's admire all those beauties in full colour and with all the enthusiasm and melancholy it deserves.

Wished I could take a time machine back to 1988 and 1999 and buy the whole product range, sigh ...
I love especially to see all the different packages sets have been sold in - and maybe this makes it easier to find certain items. Never have seen these jaw or tooth&claw sets with sharks and jaw piece or wolf, bear, tiger, croc and a replica tooth and claw.

There are also some XX animals in the PlayVision product range I didn't know before, like snakes (#819), lizards (#820) and beetles (#0880).
And some sea shells that look very real. The brand (if XX, PV or just China) I don't know.

Realize some animals are pictured different from what they looked like later, like the big Orang Utan. And also realize - they indeed forgot the Andean condor in the raptor's pic! Also messed the names of the big sized bottlenose and hourglass dolphin

((it will take several days until everything is uploaded, I am doing this step by step. I will upload the complete catalog, also pages without any habitat earth animals. I think it is worth to preserve the whole catalog))

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Froggie on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:24 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Thank You very much for sharing these catalog copies, Beatrice, very inspirative pages to study!

Some figures look very different than the real ones (as You wrote, the large orang-utan is different in shape, the large jaguar has on the pic much better paint as the real one, the macaque from the monkey set is completely diferent), some figures are really new to me...

I like the moose from the Yellowstone set; has anybody any photo of the real figure? Acquired now.

BTW: Some sets and animals are missing: Asia set, lemurs, zebra...

Last edited by jarda on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 9:54 pm

cheers cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 10:35 pm

That's very interesting and after a carefull study, it can change our perception about how these collections were arranged. Many thanks for sharing. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 9:12 am

Thank you thank you thank you so much :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 10:18 am

Stunning find, Beatrice. Thank you for posting these... cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
jhudstone

jhudstone

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 8:43 pm

Thank you for these! I wish so much that i had kept the catalogs I had. There is one set I remember seeing that I have not seen anywhere - and that is a set of duck pencil toppers. They were very well made and very realistic, and near the back of the catalog - are there more pages to this catalog perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:24 pm

Great catalogue!!Looking at it I am pleased to see that I have quite a few model sets and also some individual models!! Smile Smile Smile Smile

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 1:41 am

I feel sorrow for this company. Sad Sad Sad

Was really majestic.

PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Wwwwwwwoooooooooooow! i instantly stopped breathing,..with every new picture, it became a little unrelaxed,....! where are they? Many figurines are in several sets, they just have to be around,...!

Froggie

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:25 pm

Hello, friends and fellow collectors, great news - now you can see the pages in colour. Was awesome even in black and white and now it is overwhelming!

sorry, I do this step by step, but it should be done till middle of the week.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:37 pm

The lizards and the bird from the first page are this really figurines? And the serengeti set is the same like the Yujin set, but in the last set wit a few more figurines made by K&M

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Froggie

Froggie

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 6:19 pm

the lizards are "stretchy sand lizards" and the birds is a pencil topper with sound. I will upload those pages later, but they are in the back part of the catalog.
Weird thing about the serengeti sets, do you realize they have the wildebeest in both sets? Maybe a picture mistake...
Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 7:52 pm

Froggie wrote:
Hello, friends and fellow collectors, great news - now you can see the pages in colour. Was awesome even in black and white and now it is overwhelming!

sorry, I do this step by step, but it should be done till middle of the week.

Many thanks Beatrice :) The catalogue was already impressive, but with colours will it be spectacular Very Happy
When the manufactures of PV would know, that quiet every forum-member would be the sets, maybe they would release them again? Razz
It´s so hard to find PV, it´s always coincidence to find them Sad Still no shop or zoo found in Germany/Netherland or Belgium with some rare PV :/
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 9:28 pm

Thank you for this Beatrice Applause
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 11:20 pm

Thank you for the pictures- I've always liked catalogs and these look wonderful in color. Smile

But where was I in 1998? pale  You can really tell that care went into planning these selections. I didn't know about those nudibranchs, sea snakes, or eels! I especially like the figurine styles in the Amazon, monkeys, and salamanders sets. The dinosaurs are a noticeable weak link... I wonder why?

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:20 am

Froggie wrote:
the lizards are "stretchy sand lizards" and the birds is a pencil topper with sound. I will upload those pages later, but they are in the back part of the catalog.
Weird thing about the serengeti sets, do you realize they have the wildebeest in both sets? Maybe a picture mistake...
Thank you Beatrice, and no i dont realize that:)

Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 11:11 pm

this catalog is a real treasure indeed! thank you so much for posting this Beatrice! cheers

Lance - Safari ltd wildlife collector  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:21 pm

Froggie wrote:

Maybe mandrill was used instead of the gnu for the set with big Elephant.

But more interesting for me is the missing bird in the raptors set - the set should have 8 figures but only 7 is displayed - and the Andean condor has Harpy eagle head on the pic! affraid
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 6:34 am

widukind wrote:
Froggie wrote:
Thank you Beatrice, and no i dont realize that:)

scratch Stretchy lizards are stretchy. The Habitat earth are not.
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 8:25 pm

Thaaanks!

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyWed Feb 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Oh wow that squeaking shark looks exactly like the Monterey Bay Aquarium Great White Shark.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:16 pm

I also like and wish the singing birds :)

Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Oh noes, after seeing these pages, there's so much I'd like to have in my collection!!  Shocked Thanks for sharing!!

Froggie wrote:

I wonder how all these Ocean Explorers fit in this one little boat.. Suspect cyclops

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 10:03 pm

I remember going through these catalogs back then. But I never paid much attention to all of it (interesting how many sets I've had over the years, many of which are gone).

Some interesting things--on page 38 is a set of animals that was released with the Panini stickers--it has obviously gotten around. Much like the small dinosaurs, which are Mech figures with better paint jobs (but otherwise unremarkable).

And I need to know more about the tropical fish on page 39--it is a weird angle, but some of them are intriguing. In spite of their silly colours. They don't look like recasts of the other tropical fish series.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour   7 - Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour Empty

Back to top Go down

Play Visions Catalogue 1998 all pages in colour
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next