Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release

Go down 
+15
Saarlooswolfhound
NightLioness
A-J
shadoweon
jarda
arafan
Carola
scot(t)
Roger
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
GiselleGazelle
widukind
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Seemann
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GiselleGazelle

GiselleGazelle

Country/State : South Wales, UK

Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  Empty
PostSubject: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:10 am

I recently ordered multiple 2015 Schleich figures from toysandlearning.co.uk and I have to say, the model I'm about to review is one of my favourites of them all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Meet the Schleich Arctic Wolf, model number 14742. A new release for 2015 that has already started appearing for sale in Germany.

First impressions on the release pictures made me feel the new figures were somewhat too rough in texture. This model, however is much more appealing in person and in reality has an absolutely gorgeous, realistic texture. The proportions appear correct and the model is very well sculpted. I particularly like the facial features of the wolf, most notably it's beautiful, soulful eyes.

Underneath the wolf, as with pretty much all Schleich models that I've seen at least, it has pads painted on the undersides of the paws. A lovely detail which I really like about Schleich.

Overall, I think this is an excellent addition to the Schleich model animal range and I highly recommend it. Especially to lovers of canids, like myself.

Any questions you'd like to ask about this model? Go ahead and ask and I'll reply to each comment. If there's anything you'd like to see in my reviews, please do say. Hope you enjoyed!
Back to top Go down
Seemann

Seemann

Country/State : thailand

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 3:04 am

wow beauty. his face is so gorgeous and realistic i love a paintjob of the paw and very detail on his body. i wanna to see a male lion 2015 . Applause

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 3:27 am

Thanks for the photos! The disappointment for me is the exaggerated fur texture.

Could you possibly split that first photo into two? It's a little long and expands the screen. Smile

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 6:54 am

Thank you very much Giselle Very Happy The texture is a bit "too much" for my taste but it is still a nice wolf.

By the way, I splitted your first pic. As LeeAnn said, it was too long for a comfortable look. Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 9:53 am

Thankyou for this great walkaound, Giselle ! Your photos are wonderful, - it can be very difficult to take good pictures of a white model Applause Applause

Great that Schleich for once has made a model of a species they haven't made several times before Very Happy

They also tried to illustrate the extremely thick coat of this wolf, - even if they have exaggerated too much Rolling Eyes
What bothers me more is the head.
Schleich DOES make large heads, - but isn't it the shape of a puppy' s head ?  scratch

All that said, we KNOW that Schleich does makes cute looking models look even cuter, - and it IS a lovely model, - especially I am impressed and happy to see the paintwork of the eyes  cheers  cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:34 pm

A beautieful wolf and one of my Schleich wishes:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:27 pm

I like the way you're presenting this wolf. I hope we will see more walk arounds from you. Very Happy
What I miss? A comparison picture with the superb Safari Arctic wolf in case you have it. Very Happy
Curiously, the overacted fur is not the biggest problem for me, I don't like very much these legs, they look short/thick to me giving to the figure a chubby looking, maybe hind legs needed to be longer also once the body looks too parallel to the floor, maybe slightly sloping forward was better regarding the pose. I also agree with Susanne, just like the new lioness, it seems their strategy to make figures look even cuter is to give a face/head of a juvenile. Despite all these features, I find it a good figure, much probably not close in quality to the Safari one but good. Another positive point referred by Susanne is that it is something that Schleich never released before, thus something new for a Schleich collector. Very Happy

GiselleGazelle

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:39 pm

Thank you for the nice comments, everyone! And sorry about the photo! I didn't realise it trailed off the screen. It's nice to see other opinions on this figure. The exaggerated texture honestly in my opinion shows much more in photos than it does when you hold the figure in person. But that's just what I think so others might be disappointed. Also I think the chubby legs are to keep it balancing? Not sure though. :)

Anyway, I unfortunately don't have the Safari Arctic Wolf, yet. But when I do I will be sure to take photos of it. It's quite a smallish figure. About the size of the older Schleich dogs such as the German shepherd. If there's any other figures you'd like me to compare it to, ask and I'll see what I can do. :)

There will definitely be more walkarounds! Just in the process of writing them. I will be reviewing the Schleich growling wolf, crocodile, husky and hyena. Any you guys would like to see next in particular? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Wow, very nice model! So pretty impressive face, I like his paws: so big bony toes as have real wolves.
Thank you for such detailed walkaround! cheers
Hope get the new Schleich wolves after New Year.

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:44 pm

GiselleGazelle wrote:
Thank you for the nice comments, everyone! And sorry about the photo! I didn't realise it trailed off the screen. It's nice to see other opinions on this figure. The exaggerated texture honestly in my opinion shows much more in photos than it does when you hold the figure in person. But that's just what I think so others might be disappointed. Also I think the chubby legs are to keep it balancing? Not sure though. :)

Anyway, I unfortunately don't have the Safari Arctic Wolf, yet. But when I do I will be sure to take photos of it. It's quite a smallish figure. About the size of the older Schleich dogs such as the German shepherd. If there's any other figures you'd like me to compare it to, ask and I'll see what I can do. :)

There will definitely be more walkarounds! Just in the process of writing them. I will be reviewing the Schleich growling wolf, crocodile, husky and hyena. Any you guys would like to see next in particular? Very Happy
Sure we want! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Roger wrote:

Curiously, the overacted fur is not the biggest problem for me, I don't like very much these legs, they look short/thick to me giving to the figure a chubby looking, maybe hind legs needed to be longer also once the body looks too parallel to the floor, maybe slightly sloping forward was better regarding the pose.
I don't think so, anyway, right now.
Look at that:

But yeah about too big head... Well, it may be just «photography effect».
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:56 pm

GiselleGazelle wrote:

It is usual brands make legs thicker to prevent them from bending and help the figure to stand propperly. Though, in this case it wasn't needed once the pose is quite simple and that' not an animal with delicate legs as an antelope. That's Schleich design. :)
About the next review, I think there is a lot of people wanting to know more about the new hyena but any of them is interesting, the controversial wolf or the promising crocodile. Very Happy

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:04 pm

I think this is a very nice model. I'm looking forward to getting it. No complaints from me. (But I do enjoy hearing other members' thoughts. So please don't think that I'm complaining about other people complaining. I'm not, I swear it.)

(For what it's worth, thought, I do personally think we, here at the collectors forum, have a tendency to pick on Schleich a bit more than on other brands. I also think we have a tendency to give brands like CollectA and Mojo Fun a bit more of a pass -- notice I say a bit more. If Schleich had released the Black Bear that CollectA released this year, it would have received much more criticism than it did. We did criticize the Black Bear, but not as much, I think, as we would have, had Schleich been the culprit.)
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:08 pm

Great review Very Happy I agree this mode has a great face and very good eyes Very Happy

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 5:27 pm

I have to agree with Anasta... They could've done better I think Sad I'm not ruining your joy - congrats anyway Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 6:00 pm

scot(t) wrote:
I think this is a very nice model. I'm looking forward to getting it. No complaints from me. (But I do enjoy hearing other members' thoughts. So please don't think that I'm complaining about other people complaining. I'm not, I swear it.)

(For what it's worth, thought, I do personally think we, here at the collectors forum, have a tendency to pick on Schleich a bit more than on other brands. I also think we have a tendency to give brands like CollectA and Mojo Fun a bit more of a pass -- notice I say a bit more. If Schleich had released the Black Bear that CollectA released this year, it would have received much more criticism than it did. We did criticize the Black Bear, but not as much, I think, as we would have, had Schleich been the culprit.)
I also do really like this model. Thanks for the review.
And Scott I'm absolutely agree, sometimes it seems a little unfair for me.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:05 am

GiselleGazelle wrote:
I can see I'm very new to the forums... Because I love Schleich, lol. xD

Giselle, Love is a love affair Wink  Of course you are right to love your Schleich model and I wish you will share more walkarounds with us because I Looove walkarounds and it is a love affair cheers

My other fellows, this discussion is vey interresting for me and I would be happy to continue... I have so many things to say and read. Would you agree we split this topic in a "Shleich Arctic wolf walkaround" and a "What about criticism?" topic ?

Edited 3 january 2015: The other posts are in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 1:53 pm

I was not sure with this model when I saw first catalog pics, the photos are better for final decision - I hope the Safari Ltd is much better and realistic figure. This Schleich wolf has all the most significant Schleich flaws - too big head and too short legs. The face impression is not bad but rather lovely than realistic, the fur is a little sheep like... Thanks anyway for the photos. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shadoweon

shadoweon

Country/State : Virginia,United States

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:12 pm

This turned out great. <3 This figure is definitely my highest wanted one for next year,almost tempted to get two of them. I hope they release a pup to go along with this one in upcoming years.

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:38 pm

Great model, congrats, and thanks for showing!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:18 pm

I agree with roger, karin and Christophe...
But am I the only one who is wondering why right now we are talking about this scratch I can't find any reason to discus it here right now with everyone. It's ruining this topic Sad
And just like karin says, please PM an admin if you want to talk about such a thing. This topic is about the schleich Arctic wolf so we should discus that!

Anyway,
Tank you GiselleGazelle for this nice walkaround! As a wolf collector and lover I'm always exited to see new wolf releases and as soon as I saw this one I wanted to see some more "handheld" pictures. I haven't seen it in real live yet. I thing the head is indeed a bit too large, as others have pointed out already, but I like the idea that schleich tried to make the fur look different from a grey wolf instead of just painting a grey wolf white.

To check I was right about the head I did a little photoshop alteration, comparing it with a photo of a real Arctic wolf.

Maybe it's not really the size of the head but rather the size of the nose? I think it should be thinner... and the ears are too large...
study

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:38 pm

About the wolf, I need to see it in real life.
I think the fur looks pretty nice, sweet head.
But I think Schleich did their 'cute' thing again on this one :3
Although I would like a second Arctic Wolf in my collection.
Nice photo-shop alteration A-J Very Happy And indeed, thank you for the photos GiselleGazelle ^.^

Last edited by NightLioness on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Getting back to the wolf... Thanks for the comparison pic A-J, that explains this model really well. I like the model, I love wolves, I collect wolves, I have around 30 of them. My personal opinion of this particular figure is that it isn't quite as good as the safari ltd. arctic wolf, but I still like it a lot. It's not a simple repaint of a figure (like safari did with their other wolves), and the fur isn't terrible, they do have kind of sheep like fur in terms of density to keep out the cold etc. My problem with wolves (models) is that they never get the neck just right, for instance in the picture you can see a "mane" like effect on the real animal, and yes the head is just a little odd, the nose isn't long enough, the ears are a tad bit big, and the forehead is a little steep. However, these aren't criticisms of the figure at all, I like it quite a bit, just observations.

Thank you again Gisellegazelle for the wonderful walkaround, and congrats again on obtaining a great new figure. Do you have any other wolves?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 12:17 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Getting back to the wolf...

Yes, get back to the wolf Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 8:04 am

A-J wrote:
I agree with roger, karin and Christophe...
But am I the only one who is wondering why right now we are talking about this scratch I can't find any reason to discus it here right now with everyone. It's ruining this topic Sad
And just like karin says, please PM an admin if you want to talk about such a thing. This topic is about the schleich Arctic wolf so we should discus that!

Now ladies and gentlemen, I will split this topic. For STS memory the other posts are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Get back to the wolf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release    Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release  Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich Arctic Wolf Walkaround - 2015 Release
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next