Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Susanne's 2015 newcomers

Go down 
+50
TheSpottedCat
MartinH
Florian
Phexedrine
Gwaine
trovalsa
Saien
75senta75
Kristie
Drakulka
Rakel
pipsxlch
Oryx7557
costicuba
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
elephas_maximus
skysthelimit
NightLioness
jarda
Wilorvise
Tiermann
Carola
bojan
Kikimalou
Ana
sauroid
Tove
Realbelovedgirl
Dutch Bear
Night Elf
lucky luke
Niki2811
Tarunyada
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
weaselfan93
TheLastStardust
DaveScriv
Dum_my
ken yeo
sadie3112
donny ong
JonasV
LeeAnn
Saarlooswolfhound
Noémi
landrover
Bloodrayne
Taos
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 7:21 am

Congratulations Susanne, nice additions again. I was surprised that you dont had the Naxab figurines :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:39 am

Thanks, friends cheers
Laughing Laughing Yes, it seems that both German alligators and Portugese crocs are very kind creatures Very Happy

Btw. In case you wonder why I wanted this German critter so much : Now I have the total range of Bullyland's retired "large" wild animals, which are much smaller than the "De Luxe" series we have now. Wink

Roger wrote:
Do you know if these butterflies are made based in real species? Are they identified in catalogues? They're beautiful! Very Happy

I have not been able to find the names in the catalogues, but Sandspiel-Lisa has named the species , - perhaps she got them in a wholesale-packing which named them ?

JARDA : Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou !!!!! Applause

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:44 am

widukind wrote:
Congratulations Susanne,  nice additions again. I was surprised that you dont had the Naxab figurines :)

They are extremely hard to find for me, because they are not in shops here, and on the net they have all kinds of other brand names ( or no brand name), and are impossible to search for Wink

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:43 am

Roger wrote:

NightLioness wrote:
Roger was very busy I see, bringing all those animals back to you! Very Happy Laughing

Eh, I am not a German alligator, just a Portuguese croc! Evil or Very Mad lol! flower

alien lol! lol!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 2:12 am

Karin? Wink
Susanne, thanks for your words and also for informing about these butterflies. So you have something to guide you to find which species these butterflies represent. Very Happy
Great also that Jarda solved this little mistery, the other side is more common, to think that a Siberian crane is a stork and I wished it was labeled white stork but with a Siberian crane replicated instead. Laughing Though, a flying stork is not very common either. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Three composition rhinos. Two more and a flip-flop rhino, 6th Oct :-D   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:12 pm

A month ago I did not have a rhinoceros made from composition material, - now I have THREE  Shocked

Here is a picture of them, together with the latest one from Schleich ( left) to show the size Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The first one is extremely rare. It is from Neo-Form, and was made some time in the early 1950's.
Later the horn was made from a rubbery material, because the first material is very, very brittle, - as you can see, the front horn has the tip broken off  Rolling Eyes
Well, - rhinos DO break the tip of their horn somtimes, don't they  ? Wink

The next one is from Elastolin.
Yvette and I bought a batch of models together, and had a lot of fun sharing them : One for me, one for you...it took us two wonderful evenings on the net  cheers
The light gray paint shows that this model was made after 1950. The pre-war variations of this model are brown.

And her is the oldie, - Durolin Indian Rhino form the 1930's  farao  Very Happy

flower flower flower

Last edited by SUSANNE on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:17 pm

That Neo-Form is almost identical to Lineol Suspect

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:28 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
That Neo-Form is almost identical to Lineol Suspect

Yes ! It is a copy, only smaller and another material Wink
We could not get toys in Denmark the years after WWII, and as patents were cancelled, three Danish compagnies made copies : Neo-Form, Danolin and Nordlyset .
Some were even sold to Germany !!!

skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:34 pm

Well, good choice of brand to copy from Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 10:45 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Well, good choice of brand to copy from Very Happy

It certainly was Very Happy

costicuba

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 12:28 am

cheers 3 great models came in your home :)
I love rhinos! And these 3 models are not only with old histoty, but also very nice looking :)
And with so good condition Applause
Congratulations for them Susanne :)
Whatching the first model by Neo-Form, I know that is a copie of LIneol, but also I was thinking...
it`s reminds me of a model which I have....and yes, I fond it :) I have some animal toys from my childhood and they are very interesting made it from extruded polystyrene.
So the rhino which I have look`s so much like this one.
If you are interested, I can make photos of him and also the other animals, to show them to you :)

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 4:33 am

Great new additions, I especially like the Neo-form black rhino, even if it is a copy the Lineol. Though rare, I have seen it show up a few times on eBay recently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 7:43 am

Very beautieful rhinos Susanne!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 8:22 am

Thankyou, Kosta, EM, Andreas flower Very Happy

costicuba wrote:
Whatching the first model by Neo-Form, I know that is a copie of LIneol, but also I was thinking...
it`s reminds me of a model which I have....and yes, I fond it :) I have some animal toys from my childhood and they are very interesting made it from extruded polystyrene.
If you are interested, I can make photos of him and also the other animals, to show them to you :)

Ohh, yes ! Please show photos ! I would love to see them bounce bounce cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 2:30 pm

I think it was the best decision you ever made allong all your life as a collector. Composition figures represent, in my opinion, the golden era of this hobby. Very Happy
All 3 are very special, the first, although clearly a copy of Lineol figure, is just a copy of the best African rhino. Very Happy
The 2nd one shows that the sculptor was so careful placing the folds of the skin in the right place that was not able of noticing that Indian rhinos have a single horn. Wink
The 3rd is not a replica of an Indian rhino but an artistic piece with a very good artistic sense. The ondulated profile in dorsal and ventral area, The crest and ridge allong the back in perfect harmony with the tail and almost framing the piece. The striated lower legs in harmony with the horn, the head in low but froward pointed pose giving almost an aerodynamic profile to the figure, helping in the fluidity given by the strong walking pose.
But now you and Yvette will promise me that you'll both sing and dance this song! Laughing

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

costicuba wrote:

Ohh, yes ! Please show photos ! I would love to see them bounce bounce cheers

Ok, I posted them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 10:22 pm

Thankyou, Kosta ! They are FANTASTIC cheers

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 10:26 pm

Roger, yes, I am also very happy to have found the magic of those old models  Very Happy

Roger wrote:

But now you and Yvette will promise me that you'll both sing and dance this song! Laughing

But it looks like they are very poor, - almost no clothes to put on Shocked Rolling Eyes

Laughing lol!

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 11:20 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

But it looks like they are very poor, -  almost no clothes to put on Shocked Rolling Eyes

Laughing lol!

lol! lol!
This is an Italian song from 1978. Italy in 1978 was living an economic crisis known as Years of Lead.
They had a system of clothes rationing that was basically - one for you, one for me. Wink

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 3:36 am

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Roger wrote:

But it looks like they are very poor, -  almost no clothes to put on Shocked Rolling Eyes

Laughing lol!

lol! lol!
This is an Italian song from 1978. Italy in 1978 was living an economic crisis known as Years of Lead.
They had a system of clothes rationing that was basically - one for you, one for me. Wink

Ahaaaa, so that`s why they are almost with no clothes...becouse of the crisis... hahahah Laughing

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:00 pm

How did I miss this topic? Shocked Gorgeous new rhinos, congrats!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:53 pm

Thankyou, dear LeeAnn Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 12:34 pm

A few days ago, Andreas sent a link to Germantoys , and looking, I was met with the large letters S A L E Shocked cheers

So I just HAD to see if I could find someting , of course geek

Sale or not. Composition models are rarely cheap, but I found three models that I could not resist, and at a reasonable cost Wink

Elastolin zebra and two rather stylished critters from Marolin  Very Happy  Very Happy

This monday there was a Marolin striped hyena on ebay, - it was considerably more detailed than this one, but the price !!!!  affraid
And I love this one also, he has this old fashioned charm  drunken

The spottet cutie here is certainly stylished too, but look at the friendly smile  Laughing
Is he a jaguar ? Very Happy

Here he is compared to a more detailed on...they must be from different series or/and designers.

I also bought a dog, but the seller could not find it  Crying or Very sad
But - hurrayy - I had to take a look again, and found this lovely Elastolin Zebra for the same price  cheers
According to Ulrich Raue, this zebra is made after 1950 and is the 3rd adult zebra Elastolin made, - no 2 if you excludeTipple Toplle.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 1:18 pm

They're wonderful Susanne! Very Happy Elastolin zebra is actually a very realistic replica of a Burchell's zebra, I guess. Really beautiful piece! Very Happy
The striped hyena has that special charm of old but less realistic composition figures and the big cat is a quite unusual figure, very robuste with strong legs and huge paws and a simple pattern. Although leopards were much more common in these days, a jaguar seems a good option. Very Happy

costicuba

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 1:54 pm

Wow, 3 soo nice models ..every with special charm :)
They are lovely !
I agree with Roger, The Elastolin zebra look`s very realistic. Great model.
Congratulations Susanne :))

PostSubject: Re: Susanne's 2015 newcomers   Susanne's 2015 newcomers - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Susanne's 2015 newcomers
Page 13 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next