Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D

Go down 
+9
LukaLeon085
widukind
Bloodrayne
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
donny ong
costicuba
Roger
NightLioness
arafan
13 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D Empty
PostSubject: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 21:05

When Safai is good, they are often REALLY good  cheers
Their new Angus family is some of the best sculptured models of cattle that I have ever seen  bounce
If only the paintwork had been more precise, they would have been thoroughly outstandig  Applause

Unfortunately I have a problem with taking photos of black models, but now I have tried  Laughing
By making them a little lighter than they really are, my pictures can show the details ( Including some seams, which are barely visible with the naked eye )  Rolling Eyes

So please bear with me for the quality of the picture, and I hope you enjoy these beautyful bovines  Very Happy

Here we have the new family :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The first Angus bull ever from Safari ! What a magnificent creature   king

And the lovely cow  !
So neat and feminine  queen

Now the calf ! I am totally in love with this little girl  drunken

Together with older little sister Very Happy :

There are even some nuances in the colour of her fur :

at last, some comparisons :

Bulls from Schleich and Safari :

Calves ,  New Safari, retired Safari, and Schleich :

Cows ,  New Safari, retired Safari, and Schleich :

Very Happy

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 22:11

Wow, what wonderful figures. But this paintjob ruins everythin. Sad Why they have put on so much colour? You can't see anything just this layer of colour. Too bad now I won't buy them anmore! 

Thank you Susanne, for this walkaround, they are awesome to see if you really want a figure

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 22:19

arafan wrote:
....Why they have put on so much colour? You can't see anything just this layer of colour. Too bad now I won't buy them anmore! 

Ohhh...my pictures must be really bad Sad
There is no layer of paint, - the black colour is is the plastic Shocked

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 22:24

I made some room for new Bovine.... cheers cheers cyclops
Thank you for the walkaround!!!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 22:51

Another excellent walkaround from Susanne! cheers cheers
I am not the best person to judge cattle but I want to point a little thing. For me, in a sculpting, good definition of muscles, folds, wrincles, are much more important than heavy textured fur. We can almost feel the beef Laughing while in these very hairy textured we cannot see anything. Obviously it is valide for Angus, not exactly to highland cattle. geek
I find them very interesting, I agree about the naiveness of the calf, really wonderful.. and I love to see them compared with previous versions and their Schleich counterparts.
I only have a little Britains Angusand that's enough beef for me. Very Happy

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 0:56

SUSANNE wrote:
arafan wrote:
....Why they have put on so much colour? You can't see anything just this layer of colour. Too bad now I won't buy them anmore! 

Ohhh...my pictures must be really bad Sad
There is no layer of paint, - the black colour is is the plastic Shocked
No Susanne your pictures are wonderful, you can see some really small details! 
Are you sure? scratch I think the structure would look better if there isn't any colour.

costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 1:03

Susanne, your photos are just perfect. We can perfectly see how beautiful these models are.
The sculpture of anatomy, muscles .,all details is great.
I realy like these 3 models..thank`s to your photos. I think that the paint job is not so bad..of course, can be better...like for all Safari models will be good to be better.., but for dark models like these, it`s ok :)
And I realy like this calf..it`s very charming little girl :)

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 2:15

Susanne, many thanks for the walkarounds. I know it is very difficult to take some photos of black objects. I really appreciate your effort. Applause
Now for the Black Bull, please... drunken bounce

Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 7:09

Congrats! cheers
They look very nice, especialy the cow.
Thank you for a walkaround!

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 20:36

That's one beefy bull! Shocked  
They make a very nice looking family. I love you

I still need an Angus bull for my collection, and I'm having a real hard time here choosing between Schleich and Safari.
Are there different sorts of Angus cattle?
I can find pictures of very robust and stoutly built Angus bulls (like Safari's), but also lots of pictures of a less muscular but more square kind of body type (like Schleich's).
I would be interested to read opinions from some of our cattle experts.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 22:07

Beautieful model!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 22:33

Bloodrayne wrote:

I can find pictures of very robust and stoutly built Angus bulls (like Safari's), but also lots of pictures of a less muscular but more square kind of body type (like Schleich's).

Yes, - or at least there was. Wink

About 45 years ago my Dad had Aberdeen Angus, as we called them then.
They were sturdy and small, and very fast runners.
We had to talk a lot with them every day, because they could easily become very wild. Shocked

But then people began to breed them more like the modern beef-breeds, and it seems they have come quite a long way now.

None of the two bulls are the really old kind, but the Safari buil is certainly "modern" Very Happy

LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 22:59

beautiful creatures drunken Applause

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 6:54

Wonderful models! Crap, now I have to get them...
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 8:58

SUSANNE wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:

Yes, - or at least there was. Wink

About 45 years ago my Dad had Aberdeen Angus, as we called them then.
They were sturdy and small, and very fast runners.
We had to talk a lot with them every day, because they could easily become very wild.  Shocked

But then people began to breed them more like the modern beef-breeds, and it seems they have come quite a long way now.

None of the two bulls are the really old kind, but the Safari buil is certainly "modern" Very Happy

Thank you Susanne.
Although I absolutely have no problem looking at buff men, I do think I prefer the Angus old-fashioned kind of bull.
They seem to look more like Mother Nature intended it.

klompenboertje

Country/State : the Netherlands/drenthe

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 10:24

Of course there is also just what animal you take as an example.
In reality, of course, are not all the same size and cows also have differences in muscularity.

I think in that respect the schleich and safari good examples of that.

regarding the britains, I find it very unfortunate that they have used the same form for the angus as the form they used for the white and cream colored cows (blond d aquitaine, charloias name it) are used. For their vleckvieh this is true even reasonable since vleckvieh in reality his big heavy cows.

hear my idea angus cows are smaller.
there are indeed next to black, also brown angus cows.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 12:04

klompenboertje wrote:

hear my idea angus cows are smaller.
there are indeed next to black, also brown angus cows.

You are right, - in my experience, angus cows are smaller than most common cattle, - but they are bigger nowadays than they used to be.

The brown Angus are called "Red", - take a look here Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 15:33

To not forget that CollectA has a red angus in their range. Picture from Rio! Very Happy

klompenboertje

Country/State : the Netherlands/drenthe

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 16:52

Wow, he lookes like a real angry one Cool Cool do not play with him
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptySun 1 Mar 2015 - 21:29

WOW ! YES ! Shocked

Imagine I never noticed him before Embarassed bounce

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptyMon 2 Mar 2015 - 0:55

lol! affraid flower

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D EmptyMon 2 Mar 2015 - 16:12

Great cattle family. I admit I was hesitant at first based on the pictures in the catalog, but these are fantastic. Big Congrats!!!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D   The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D Empty

Back to top Go down

The Angus cattle family from Safari 2015 :-D
Page 1 of 1