Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

pipsxlch's additions 05/17

Go down 
+14
Night Elf
Dum_my
Saarlooswolfhound
Wilorvise
Roger
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
widukind
LeeAnn
pipsxlch
NightLioness
costicuba
sauroid
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
sbell

sbell

Country/State : Canada

pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptySat May 27, 2017 4:53 pm

Roger wrote:
pipsxlch wrote:
Yes, wasn't it though? cheers

Roger, at a guess, it is supposed to be a killifish, one of the annuals most likely- they have some wild colors and patterns, and I believe they were fairly popular aquarium fish in Europe in the '60s.

Maybe you're right! Thanks! Very Happy

I think it was determined somewhere to be Austrolebias nigripinnis, the Blackfin Pearl Fish. It's a rivuline, which are related to killis.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptySun May 28, 2017 10:16 am

Thanks for telling what is marked in these bears. It is interesting because Wild Republic large figures seems to mix moulds marked K&M with other moulds marked AAA in the same series. We never found an AAA mould marked K&M and all figures of that series marked K&M we never found them being sold as AAA. Laughing The bear cub is not in that catalogue but it was probably introduced later. Interesting also about the D.M. 1991 frog, it is not the first time we see a D.M. marked figure, I guess, but we never figured out what it means. These lots are always a box of surprises. Very Happy

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptySun May 28, 2017 3:04 pm

Roger, I mean to get pictures of the frog also as soon as I can. I took this picture of the starfish if Susanne would like to use it for TAI, but I think the light angle is bad. I had to leave early and it was after dark when I got home, sorry!

I rather enjoy the thrill of the hunt and the surprises you can find! Very Happy

Now if only my memory worked better when I'm looking for something specific for someone, I don't have a smartphone or tablet! Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptySun May 28, 2017 8:31 pm

Wonderful starfish :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 2:49 pm

After my internet has been out the past several days, I finally got pictures up of the frog for you, Roger. Feel free to use them if you'd like.

From the same fleamarket vendor I purchased the AAA orangutan, I found this baby. As well as they match, maybe they are intended as mother and baby.

The collie has no stamp of any sort. Here he is with some of my other dogs. I think perhaps they're all accessories to dolls/action figures; I'm pretty sure the terrier is a Toto from a Wizard of Oz Barbie doll, and the papillon originally sold with a Justin Beiber doll.

These mini figures- a bit smaller than toob figures, and with a detailed paint job for the size- are stamped Busch Gardens on the figures as well. There are multiples of the shown figures in the case, the tigers especially. (only 1 gorilla and a few giraffes) I'm 100 miles/ a couple hours from Busch Gardens here, so perhaps one day I'll get to go there and see what else they sell. I'd be interested in selling this whole set.
I did stop at Lion Country Safari when I went south a couple weeks ago (a drive through wildlife park near Palm Beach that my mom often took us to when I was a child); they had Safari figures, Wild Republic toobs and playsets, and 1 AAA figure (big lioness with 3 cubs).
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 7:08 pm

What a interesting find -the minis!! Congratulations.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 10:30 pm

Thankyou for the pictures Very Happy

Those dogs are all wonderful, - I love the face of the papillon, and the cairn terrier is ever so charming !
The rottwieler is the old type with longer nose, which is like a lot, and the collie is really lifelike Very Happy

Those Bush Garden models are fine too !!! Very Happy

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 3:15 pm

A surprise gift from a wonderful lady
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 7:13 pm

Beautieful figurine, congratulations for you and a hurray for the lady :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 7:49 pm

You GOT the leafy seadragon cheers

Congratulations, and hurrarry for the wonderful lady Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 19, 2017 8:47 pm

That's an incredible figure and hurray for that misterious lady that was so kind of finding it to you! cheers

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 2:29 pm

I have been off and on looking for this figure for awhile now so I'm very happy- but even more so at how good people can be, even after all the horrible stuff you see on the news etc.

I've shown photos on here before of the dragon/fantasy sculptures that are my first adult collecting love. It is a small family owned company that makes them, and they maintain a strong relationship with their fans. The wonderful lady who sent me the seadragon after seeing I was hunting one is their artist/founder. She also sent me my first Yujin goldfish as gifts after I posted a question about them (this is before I found this forum). This company raffles off a free sculpture every month, has donated them to charity raffles and as forum-game prizes and pick-me-ups for members going through a hard time, and sends us specially made Christmas cards every year. They're good people.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Congratulations. It's a great figure of a great animal! It's too bad that they didn't design it to somehow stand properly! confused

But it is more stable than the similar weedy sea dragon figure

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Yes- I just have it laying on its side at the moment. Too bad some sort of base wasn't fashioned for it, or sculpted on it, or splayable wired lower appendages or something. I was thinking of either trying to stiffen some aquarium plants as a base for it (glue maybe?) or look into some small branches and silk plants. I guess I could make something, but I'm not that confident of my skills on a larger scale like this.

hmm, I'll be back in the Keys next week, maybe I can find some good driftwood and/or coral/sponges/sea fans. There's lots of little nooks where stuff washes up where I'll be.

I haven't picked up the weedy yet, I still see it in stores so I keep putting it off. I need to get off my fanny and buy it. If I see some good base material, I'll pick up enough for two figures.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 4:05 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Yes- I just have it laying on its side at the moment. Too bad some sort of base wasn't fashioned for it, or sculpted on it, or splayable wired lower appendages or something. I was thinking of either trying to stiffen some aquarium plants as a base for it (glue maybe?) or look into some small branches and silk plants. I guess I could make something, but I'm not that confident of my skills on a larger scale like this.

hmm, I'll be back in the Keys next week, maybe I can find some good driftwood and/or coral/sponges/sea fans. There's lots of little nooks where stuff washes up where I'll be.

I haven't picked up the weedy yet, I still see it in stores so I keep putting it off. I need to get off my fanny and buy it. If I see some good base material, I'll pick up enough for two figures.

I just repurposed a small plastic cup to hold them up...but a small Sculpey stand could work.

Or maybe the Safari Sunfish stand!

Back to top Go down
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 21, 2017 10:04 pm

So much newby's
great !
congratz

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 2:53 pm

sbell wrote:
I just repurposed a small plastic cup to hold them up...but a small Sculpey stand could work.

The sunfish is a someday-want too, the one whale watch I've been on we saw no whales but encountered about 20 sunfish. My teacher kept saying they were unusual, but it was like there was a Mola party going on. This was in the Gulf of Maine, off Casco Bay. They were very interesting (and large) animals.
Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 22, 2017 3:02 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
sbell wrote:

The sunfish is a someday-want too, the one whale watch I've been on we saw no whales but encountered about 20 sunfish. My teacher kept saying they were unusual, but it was like there was a Mola party going on. This was in the Gulf of Maine, off Casco Bay. They were very interesting (and large) animals.

You'll have to hurry. The figure has been retired. I think I still have one in my store though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pipsxlch's additions 05/17   pipsxlch's additions 05/17 - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

pipsxlch's additions 05/17
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5