Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My new (retired) additions

Go down 
+16
WhiteLightning Wolf
Dum_my
*Valencia Stables*
Rakel
Kikimalou
onatello
widukind
Roger
Tarunyada
Wilorvise
sortepletter
JonasV
LittleLady
Carola
LeeAnn
SUSANNE
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 9:31 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Gosh, it is a long time I enjoyed your wonderful photos Sleep Embarassed

Let me go back to the repainted Haflinger-mom and her foal. That mare is fantastic, and her glossy summer coat fits extremely well to the more fuzzy fur of her young foal, lying in the green grass Very Happy

The other ones that catch my eye is the dressage riders and the arena ! I adore the old Schleich rider - set, but the set you made with the CollectA horse, Bully lady, and hand made tack is out of this world cheers

Congratulations with all those "Specials" !!!
And thankyou for the lovely photos ! They make it such a joy to watch your models...not to forget the little, furry calf standing in winter grass up to his sturdy, little calf-knees  cheers

Thank you very much Susanne!
I'm happy you enjoy my photos of these additions. I love the repainted Haflinger, she is probably my favourite one among repaints in my herd, though it's hard to chose one. I was happy when she came and when I realized she fits to the foal. The handmade dressage tack is made by the same artist, who repainted the Haflinger and other reapaints in my collection. She definitely is very talented. Recently I commissioned new Percheron mare repaint to my conga, she will be bay snowflake Noriker Wink

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 12:06 pm

congrats

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi there, I'm so sorry for inactivity, but I was so busy because of my studies and new job at the university.
I was able to take photos of my additions, but had no time to pick the best among them and edited them. But FINALLY I managed to.

These are even my last year additions from December - from pre-Christmas package Yvette sent me, with two models from magazine and some extras.
Here we go:
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Naranj12
First model was Andalusian filly in chestnut. I don't like the mould at all, but it is lovely in this colour.My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Naranj10
Her neck is bothering me probably the most, way too strong for a foal.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Naranj11
I guess they really tried to define her profile, but her face seems to me kinda elongated and her eyes are too big. I'm thinking about a mother for her, maybe the Lusitano from box stable could fit to her?

Second model from the magazine was the rearing Mini Shetty in grey:
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Kerswe11
I would appreciate proper painting, it is quite plain, it would be much better with some shading, especially on stallion's parts (it seems to me they don't want to drag children's attention to this area). He is quite lovely from the frontal view, as his eyes look smaller from that angle:
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Kerswe10

Yvette sent me some bonuses - she offered me some of her double figurines.
So I got this stunning dog:
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Mznste13
It is the Great Münsterländer from 2000.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Mznste10
I like the anatomy and especially the paintwork. It really gives the impression of tiny black spots mixed in white fur.My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Mznste12
Together with my Irish Setter they make nice pair of hounds.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Mznste11
I would like to add also the German Wire-haired Pointer to them.

I also got these cute kids:
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Kids10
They have the playful, cheeky expression of real kids...
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Kids_210
...and very good proportions of regular goat kids - the recent Schleich kids are rather mini kids to me (brown one and the one with bell).
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Kids_w10
Here they're with their foster mother, which is also very nice goat replica.

The next model Yvette gave was my holy grail by Schleich, the beautiful Holsteiner mare, which I always adored but was never fortunate enough to buy.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Holste11
I was very happy that I get her, and in very good condition.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Holste10
I already showed her and she placed! She is highly valued among Czech collectors.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Holste12
Look at that beautiful face, with realistic eyes, I wish Schleich has done more horses with eyes like that.

And there was even another model, a surprise, and with Christmas approaching, I really felt its magic. (But with packages from Yvette, you can have Christmas several times during year  drunken ).
It was my second Appaloosa stallion/gelding from 2003. I like the mould, he was my first warmblood by Schleich.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Appa_c11
The new one from Yvette is on the left. He is made in Germany, while my first is made in China.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Appa_c10
There are some notable differences, the German one has better mottling on his mouth and is lighter.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Appa_h10
And he has exceptional hoof striping! Unfortunately he is in body condition - he has broken leg, several scratches, blue spots in his blanket. So I will repaint him, I already stripped off his blanket and primed him, hopefully he will be finished till my first international model horse show in Poland next weekend
But I will definitely keep this blue dot he has on his hoof.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Appa_b10

So those were some of my last models from 2017, later I second-hand bought this old "Schimmel" from a Czech collector, together with repainted Stablemate.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Schimm10

I hope I will be able to update the thread with my January additions soon.

Last edited by onatello on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 10:45 pm

Marvellous photos of interesting figures.

Congrats. cheers cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 22, 2018 10:58 pm

It is good to see you posting here again your very beautiful pictures! Very Happy I hope everything is doing well with your studies and new job. Very Happy
The mini Shetty is probably the most interesting of the Magazine figures. I love the Holsteiner, I had one in the past but found a new owner to it, it is a very beautiful horse in my opinion. About the blue dot on Appaloosa, I believe you know it is an official Schleich manufacturing marking. Well, boxes with Yvette's perfume have always a special smell. flower

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 12:14 am

Congrats on your Hanoverian placing! Lovely additions all around.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 7:14 am

Congratulations

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2018 9:58 am

Hi, thank you all for your lovely comments! @landrover @Roger @Wilorvise @widukind

As for the blue dot - I've heard it's something like those circles with month and year in which a model was made. My very first Schleich - border collie - has this blue dot, as well as few others - about 3 or 4. That's why I'm not going to hide it under repaint. Quite a lot of my horses (and a cow and goats) have glossy dot under their left foreleg.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 11:48 pm

So I finally managed to edit photos and share my January additions from Yvette. She helped me get some Exclusives:
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Tinker11
The black Tinker mare from Schleich official website. Some of Czech collectors were complaining, that she is way too plain. But I actually like the idea of solid Tinker, not all of them are spotted. And the black colour fits the mould better than the regular one I guess.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Tinker10
Her markings are quite properly painted and her eyes don't look too big.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Tinker12
But the previous mare is much better - much much better proportions and anatomy. She was my first mare by Schleich, I had never seen an equine figurine with udder before, so I was very lucky when I got her.

The other "special" was Trakehner in supposed-to-be buckskin colour.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Orange12
Well, I bought this one just because I love buckskins, but this is just orange! Plus that neck I hate... So I found him a new home. I must say that I was quite disappointed with quality of these specials, the strange greyish Hanoverian, very simple bay pinto without black points, Arab stallion just as from advent calender and this "Orangehner".. they can't compete with Müller's edition from the past. Plus some of them are even available in online store in my country - what is exclusive about them then?
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Orange11
Here you can see a comparison with buckskin mare by Maia & Borges - she is also kinda orange, but at least she has some creamish undertones.

The third special was a foal from magazine, called Storm - a character from Horse Club:My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Granin10
It has striking dark bay/black bay colour. And some blue braids.. at least they are blue, not pink. I saw some real foals with colourful bands on their tiny braids. But this one has them dipped in blue (not just the bands) and not all of them, only few. It looks odd to me. The other foals were even worse though, with weird dots and streaks, one of them was just white grey to fit to the adult character. What is a nonsense.
Anyway, I keep this one as a filly as it is genderless. And I had to get her a mother.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Delusi10
So I bought a show jumping set and sold the rider and the tack and keep the mare.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Delusi11
They look quite good together, in their black bay colour (I hate the mare's shoulder).

Yvette gave me some bonus ponies! cheers
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Dartmo10
This tiny lovely creature, a Dartmoor pony foal.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Dartmo11
I have no mother for it, but Mirabelle, the riding pony mare looks like a good foster mother.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Pony_f10
Here it is meeting a cousin from Shetland family.

The other gift was a Falabella mare.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Falabe10
She was always on my wishlist and I really love her.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Falabe12
What a beautiful blanket!
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Falabe11
She is so small, she almost can walk under the bellies of gentle giants Wink

I also got some doggies, I will share them later.
See ya!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 26, 2018 11:57 pm

congrats

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 7:21 pm

widukind wrote:
congrats

Thank you!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 8:00 pm

Very nice horses and pictures! I don't really know what turns a figure exclusive but I know what turns it special, namely everything that comes from Yvette. flower
By the way, I've read along these years, many horse enthusiasts complaining from the way buckskin horses are painted. I am referring to those mass produced, of course. Could you give me an example of a buckskin horse figure you really like the way it is factory painted? Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2018 10:23 pm

Roger wrote:
Very nice horses and pictures! I don't really know what turns a figure exclusive but I know what turns it special, namely everything that comes from Yvette. flower
By the way, I've read along these years, many horse enthusiasts complaining from the way buckskin horses are painted. I am referring to those mass produced, of course. Could you give me an example of a buckskin horse figure you really like the way it is factory painted? Very Happy
Hi Roger, thank you very much for your comment! I absolutely agree that all horses from Yvette are special, especially the gifted ones.
But I wasn't sure about the Trakehner when she has offered me to order him for me. I literally hate his ginarmous neck, so I ordered him just because of buckskin, but he turned out orange. He would ended stored in box, so I let him go to a new home, where he is hopefully shown on a shelf.
As for the buckskin color, I guess you're right about factory finish usualy used and collectors' complaints. I don't understand why it is so complicated.
So I did little research to find some nice examples. First horse is Buttercream, BreyerFest 2009 SR. He is very nice buttermilk buckskin: http://www.modelequus.com/equus/images/breyer/trad_adults/idocus/buckskin/btacs3163l.jpg but as it is limited to 1250 pieces, it is sort of limited production rather than mass. So here are also some regular runs:
Classics buckskin paint: http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/images/940y.jpg
Stablemates Andalusian: http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/images/059980and.jpg or this old Appaloosa (from 1998): http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/images/5601App98.jpg
This one has also very nice shade of buttermilk buckskin (but is also sort of special run): http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/images/09118.jpg
As these are produced by company focused on horses, I tried to search also the major, rubber ones.
I like CollectA's buckskin Lusitano: http://toyanimal.info//images/2/21/CollectA88501.jpg (also that one made by Schleich has very nice colour). Schleich Akhal-Teke stallion is nice example of buckskin and I also quite like the rearing Mini Shetty and Bullyland Trakehner gelding (not sure if he is really supposed to be a buckskin, but he is quite nice) Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 2:33 pm

Thanks a lot for your very interesting reply. I enjoyed a lot watching the given examples and I agree they look great! About mass paintwork, I only know that it is not always easy to get the correct color, they use a limited number of colors and they have to play with them, they often also do not result as expected, I've heard of some grey turning green, brown turning red, etc. Maybe someone directly related with the industry could give us a better explanation. Very Happy

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 24, 2018 11:05 am

Roger wrote:
Thanks a lot for your very interesting reply. I enjoyed a lot watching the given examples and I agree they look great! About mass paintwork, I only know that it is not always easy to get the correct color, they use a limited number of colors and they have to play with them, they often also do not result as expected, I've heard of some grey turning green, brown turning red, etc. Maybe someone directly related with the industry could give us a better explanation. Very Happy

Hi again and sorry for delayed reply.
What an interesting information, I haven't realized they have to mix the final colour from limited amount of basic colours, it's like traditional painting. And I've actually seen some bays which were rather red or orange. I would definitely like to hear or read experience of someone who is working in the industry.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 11:23 pm

Hi, I hope you all had nice Christmas with new additions to you collections under the Christmas tree.
I get some, but I'm here to finally share my last acquisitions from January, I'm way too much behind.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Doggie10
I got these three from Yvette.

On the left, almost invisible on the black background, is the female Pug:
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_pu11
I'm not a fond of brachycephalic breeds, but she is rather lovely.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_pu10
With her companion, Bullyland Frenchie.

Next one is the lovely Wire Fox Terrier.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_fo11
I remember he was on my wishlist since released in 2005. (or rather re-released in this colour, as the mould is older).
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_fo10
His raised head makes him looks upwards...
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_fo12
..like he would be listening to his master...
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_fo13
...or begging for something, for an aport perhaps? Wink

The third doggie is West Highland White Terrier.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_we10
Compared to the Fox Terrier he seems to me bit toyish, maybe due to white dots in his eyes.
I was thinking about naming him after Yvette's dog Balu, as both are small fluffy and white Wink
And here are my three little terriers:
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_te10
I guess I really need the Airdale Terrier as a pack leader.

Later I second-hand bought these two "giants":
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_gr11

Sitting Bernese Mountain Dog, such a nice sculpt!
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_be10

I already had the standing one, I'm not sure if it was intention, but the difference between male and female are evident:
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Bernes10
The standing one is more robust with larger head.

The Great Dane is also quite sturdy:
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_gr13

I really like his fawn colour with nice details such as lighter tones around flanks:
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_gr12

Here compared to the later Great Dane, in different scale. She is more elegant and not that heavy looking. I wish they would in scale.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_gr14

What I do like on these old dogs are sculpted irises in their eyes. It gives them quite deep gaze.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_gr10

Here is my pack of the "gentle giants", I only miss the newer standing St. Bernard who was released with the lying down one.
My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Sch_do10

Happy New Year to you all! Woof!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 12:16 am

You've got really wonderful dog figures! Your presentation is also very good. About the great Dane, although I tend to like better the old Schleich dogs, I confess I like better the newer version in this breed. I also agree that a brand so conservative as Schleich shouldn't change so dramatically the scale of their dogs. There isn't anything innovative on it. However, I understand that they tried to make their dogs more in scale with their horse sets once the old 1:12 scale dogs were more adjusted to dollhouses. Very Happy

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 12:21 pm

cheers cheers

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 12:11 am

Thank you, Andreas and Rogério!
I also understand why they changed to the new horse- and people- fitting scale of their dogs, but honestly, it wasn't a good idea, at least for me. I have very few of these new dogs. But that harlequin Great Dane was must have, I think they nailed her. And as you wrote it's slightely better than the previous, robust dog. But he has a charm, anyway.

Back to top Go down
TM Schleich

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 8:48 pm

There are a couple versions of that 1996 sitting bernese mountain dog.One was made in Germany,the second one in Tunisia and the third one in China.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new (retired) additions   My new (retired) additions - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

My new (retired) additions
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8