Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:55 pm

I hope to add more to this topic, - therefor the rather cryptic heading  Embarassed  geek Laughing

Lately I have been so lucky to get some old Marilin composition-animals, and got interested in this compagy with the interesting history.
Perhaps best known is the small plastic-copies of Lineol models, which they made from 1967 - 2010.
They are known as "Plaho"-animals, but acually the compagny now known as Marolin was only part of the VEB Plaho Steinach cooperative from 1975 - 1990 .
Torsten Berg has made a fine overvew, which you can see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink

For me it is very, very hard not to look on ebay when I am playing with models of a certain brand, and  HURRAY ! I found some models I missed in my collection  cheers

A wonderful flock of poultry :  Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am almost sure they are from a later period, - the paintwork of some of them looks far too detailed for the Plaho-period. Perhaps somebody can enlighten me ?
Isn't this rooster beautyful ?  Very Happy

Two lovely hens  drunken

The 3rd hen looks like a repaint, and I have not found the model with that kind of grass anywhere on the net or in catalogues-
Does anybody know this model ?  scratch

And here are the chickens I have been wishing fo for a long time  cheers
As you can see there are two kinds of paindwork. Perhaps the ones to the right are from a later period ?
They fit fine together, as the ones to the left could be hen-chickens and the ones to the right could be rooster-chickens ( Whatever they are called in Enaglish ) Wink

And WOW ! I got the white elephant  cheers

Her calf is ordinary grey, but a very nice baby Wink

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:31 pm

Big congratulations Susanne, i never saw the poultrys before. And so i havent answers for you :)

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:32 pm

Wonderful additions, Susanne! They are very charming. I especially like the white/black and brown hens. Congratulations! Applause

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
costicuba

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Wow, they are soooo lovely cheers
Your find is just great Susanne Applause
I love this rooster..but all of them are just wonderful sunny

Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:36 am

Nice flock Susanne Very Happy The 3rd poultry is really different indeed, never saw it anywhere before. I guess it could find a place in the "rarities" SUY Wink

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:49 am

Thankyou for your kind comments , dear friends flower

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:03 pm

I also can't help Susanne! Sad Though, I find them very nice, specially that sumptuous rooster. Very Happy
Hahah, trying to find names for chickens, what a great sport. Laughing
Rooster, male and mature;
Cock, the same as rooster;
Capon, male chicken whose reproductive function was removed in an early age;
Cockerel, a young domestic cock (usually less than 1 year);
Chick, a newly hatched .

So maybe the chicks to the right are cockerels already? Wink

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:28 pm

cheers Hurray for our Crocodile  Applause

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:48 pm

I have bee rather busy the last couple of days ( My son has helped me in the garden, and I have cooked wonderful dinners cheers ), but I have also had time to play a little more with my VEB Plahos Wink

Recently I got hold of a Plaho-buffalo with dark head  drunken

So far I have only has them unicoloured, - and I wonder if the dark-headed ones are actually made by Marolin after 1990, e.i. they are not Plaho but Marolin ?

Unicoloured, lighter in VEB Plaho-bag :

The white one was made in 2010, - the year Marolin stopped making the old Plaho-range.
As far as I remember there was made 5000 pcs...or was it 500 ?
I also seem to remember that one of our members of STS had them made, but I just can't remember who  geek  scratch

Here is the hippo-variation which was certainly made by Marolin already in 1990 Very Happy

Compared to  the VEB-variation Wink

And now the wolves  cheers
It was made in various colours by Plaho :

But the Marolin-variation is clearly different :

I was delighted when i found out theat I have this lineol-wolf...could he be the original model made by Lineol in Brandenburg ?

Newer, older, oldest :

And here the squirrels ...
They were certainly made with different colours by VEB Plaho :

Here one even has grey base colour :

Still, the one made by Marolin ic clearly different Very Happy

Three variations of the same mould...I adore this little figurine  drunken

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:50 pm

Oh yes, VEB Plaho have any colour variations :) Congratulations

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:04 pm

Oh, they are sooooo wonderful.
And this Lineol wolf...what a great model...love it ! :)

Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:06 pm

Susanne, all these figures are wonderful, you know I love vintage although I have only a little collection of these. :)
I can't find the original white buffalo thread to confirm the number of pieces, it was probably in trade section and has gone. Sad
I remember considering to get it at the time but I don't remember how many they were.
At first I thought it was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who started that project but I think Thomas ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) seems more Plahosible! Wink
Both are experts and Thomas has always lots of figures to sell. I think it could be a good idea to keep contact with him. Very Happy Soon we have 3 big Plaho/Marolin collectors, Thomas, Torsten and you! cheers

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:28 pm

Thankyou, Andreas and Kosta Very Happy
Thankyou very much for your help, Roger cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
......Soon we have 3 big Plaho/Marolin collectors, Thomas, Torsten and you! cheers

lol! lol! lol!

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:53 pm

Plaho and Marolin... A world of variations... made for Susanne cheers

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:25 pm

Plaho and Marolin... A world of variations... made for Susanne cheers

cheers cheers cheers

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Universe 11

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:33 am

I'm an eastern bloc child, so i had a lot of Plaho in my childhood. The best thing is, that there was a LOT of color varations from each species. Alone the horses had over 20 different colors.
Sadly, that i had sold my figures at ebay.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:00 am

I'm an eastern bloc child, so i had a lot of Plaho in my childhood. The best thing is, that there was a LOT of color varations from each species. Alone the horses had over 20 different colors.
Sadly, that i had sold my figures at ebay.

Oh, yes ! So sad that you sold them Sad

Those little models are not just lovely and interesting, - they are toy history, yes, they are WORLD history drunken

jarda

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:33 am

Congrats, Susanne, these poultry figures are the most elusive ones from Plaho/Marolin ones! The small roosters mold should be really old, Czech company Durolin made identical "Masse" figure in era 1975-1980. When I saw such plastic rooster with the same mold, I looked for Marolin catalog for it. I found only white colour variant in the catalog but there is the black variant too. I never saw the "bunte" variant, thanks for showing us these pictures! Unfortunately, the low-quality colours were used on there figures, the painting on the heads and basis is often peeling off...  

Here is the black variant:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:12 pm

Ohhh! Jarda, they are beautyful cheers

Are they yours ? bounce

jarda

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:18 pm

Ohhh! Jarda, they are beautyful cheers

Are they yours ? bounce

Yes, I got these on German E-Bay with big help of our friend Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:03 pm

HURRAAAY for Andreas, - and for you too cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.   

Back to top Go down

New Plahos, related stuff, and questions from Susanne.
Page 1 of 1