Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!

Go down 
+41
Carola
Bongo
lucky luke
jarda
Dum_my
SeanieP
Deseo
sbell
Ana
Florian
donny ong
Shanti
MartinH
JamesPanda
ken yeo
Bonobo
cattlecollector
shadoweon
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Saarlooswolfhound
LukaLeon085
bojan
Tove
SUSANNE
Night Elf
LeeAnn
Silver Unicornis
Bloodrayne
scot(t)
arafan
Sergey
Tupolew Tu-154
hawkins_zh
Kikimalou
Kristie
NightLioness
Wilorvise
widukind
Takama
Jetty
Roger
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:05 pm

Yay, another mainstream species! Laughing

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:20 pm

Common ...

Come on, Mojo, give us rare species and prehistoric mammals. Please.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:49 pm

I think Mojö Fun has gone and now what we are seeing is a new collection called Animal Planet instead. The company of the sloth, pangolin, crested macaque, proboscis monkey, tamandua, emmu, Tasmanian devil, giant sable, Iberian lynx, clouded leopard stoat, pronghorn, ratel, gaur, sun bear, Brazilian tapir doesn't exist anymore. Sad Maybe we received too much in a short time and we need to reconfigure our expectations. A wolf and a polar bear is more about the same and maybe next releases will be new generations of common species. The figure looks very decent actually but it is still hard to get used with this new strategy. :)

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:53 pm

But it is equal to the first Evil or Very Mad

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:30 pm

LukaLeon085 wrote:

It is actually a different sculpt. Just look at the Mojo Catalogue 2014.
Instead of taking the first step with the right front leg, it now takes a step with the left front leg. LOL.

But as in: "just another walking polar bear", it is totally equal to the first. Twisted Evil

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Bloodrayne wrote:
LukaLeon085 wrote:

Instead of taking the first step with the right front leg, it now takes a step with the left front leg. LOL.

But as in: "just another walking polar bear", it is totally equal to the first. Twisted Evil  

I don't have a good picture of the older polar bear from the same angle but the older version looks more toyish to me, much in line with the previous Schleich polar bear female that is far chubbier than this one. On the other hand, this one seems to have more realistic proportions, smaller head, less chubby legs more in line with what we see in Safari's figure. I may be wrong, of course once I never had the previous Mojo polar bear in my collection. scratch

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 7:09 pm

I think this polar bear looks better than the previous, but it is kind of disapointing. I hope that they are just updating some old figures (since many were fairly mediocre and could be replaced) but I fear what roger said is true. If animal planet has taken over the company then mojo will be just like your typical toy company, not releasing anything intriguing or new and just releasing regular common animals (similar to what happened to schleich, after other individuals became involved with the company). I hope the first though, because although its boring they do in fact need basic animals to keep the company afloat, I just hope that the streak of ingenuity hasn't left the company yet.

https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 7:17 pm

JamesPanda wrote:
Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
That is true about the heeler, however you have to remember that CollectA is an older company, where Mojo still seems to trying to find their find feet (hence why they seem to be updating models and paintjobs every year). And although collectA did a great job on the heeler, its not quite the same as the patterning on a wolf (since more or less they used a black undercoat and then topped the external hairs with lighter paint rather than angering to a particular pattern)... this is just my opinion on things, I dunno if I'm explaining myself well enough. scratch

Yes you are Smile , and its good for me to learn about technical details of animal figures...I do enjoy the different variations each figure can bring about ,especially because they also represent the work, talent and efforts of different people behind the development of the figures.. I have found Mojo to be very honest and simple in its products and they have made some real treasures for collectors and also other children who will play with these figures cheers This wolf is beautiful to me because of the contrasting difference pf color choice and the MOJO style is something i like .. and when its a wolf .. I like to Howl in the moon light pirat  ( and let my neighbors begin to think Im weird ) Very Happy
Mojo have hinted we will have maybe another canid Wink  and I hope its a cub !!

I feel the same way. All the work that goes into a single figure is highly interesting, and one of my favorite things about collecting is comparing similar figures throughout companies and time. To see what figures obviously came from the same sculptor or seeing the differences in style between old and new figures or seeing the differences between a species of models to see what the artists saw and chose to represent in them. My favorite to compare are grizzlies, if you look at lots of figures between companies it represents the possible types of those bears in the wild, I.e. boxy muzzles, small heads, round bodies etc. And collecting different looking models also represents those individuals within a species.

And although i dont feel the color on this wolf is necessarily realistic, something about it appeals to me. And do hope for pups from them.... hopefully at least two since they arent often done by companies and mojo would do a good job I think. drunken bounce

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:42 pm

Roger wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
LukaLeon085 wrote:

I don't have a good picture of the older polar bear from the same angle but the older version looks more toyish to me, much in line with the previous Schleich polar bear female that is far chubbier than this one. On the other hand, this one seems to have more realistic proportions, smaller head, less chubby legs more in line with what we see in Safari's figure. I may be wrong, of course once I never had the previous Mojo polar bear in my collection. scratch

It is a far better looking polar bear than the previous Mojo one.
No doubt about that. This one looks far more realistic, as you mentioned.
So it's a better looking polar bear, but with exactly the same pose as the old one.
Why not a standing one to compete with Papo, or a sitting one? or like their previous Black Bear with a turned head? Or catching a prey?
This Polar bear is nice, but boring. It will only sell if it's cheaper than the other brands. Not because it is special.
And that makes me sad Roger.

Because when Mojo was born to this world,
they were groundbreaking, inventive and adventureous with the new species they brought us.

Bonobo

Country/State : Deutschland/Germany (NRW)

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 12:57 am

It is a really good sculpture! Applause Probably the best polar bear from a Major Brand.

The only problem is: I have enough polar bears, They are boring for me, so I really don't need this fellow. Rolling Eyes Come'on Mojö! Mad

Takama

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 1:22 am

I think this is a Good Choice, because i didi not like there original Polar Bear.

But i do hope we can get something unusual from them in 2016
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 2:48 am

Bloodrayne wrote:
Roger wrote:
Bloodrayne wrote:
LukaLeon085 wrote:

It is a far better looking polar bear than the previous Mojo one.
No doubt about that. This one looks far more realistic, as you mentioned.
So it's a better looking polar bear, but with exactly the same pose as the old one.
Why not a standing one to compete with Papo, or a sitting one? or like their previous Black Bear with a turned head? Or catching a prey?
This Polar bear is nice, but boring. It will only sell if it's cheaper than the other brands. Not because it is special.
And that makes me sad Roger.

Because when Mojo was born to this world,
they were groundbreaking, inventive and adventureous with the new species they brought us.

I agree 100% with you Simmone! Very Happy cheers
About the same pose of the polar bear, it is related with Mojö's philosophy, Mojö rarely releases the same species in a different pose but with a similar quality as the previous figure as it happened with Schleich several years. They keep almost the same product with the same general shape and pose in a kind of 2.0 version. They intend to have the best range so most of earlier releases will be updated like that, just the same concept but in a much improved version. We have seen it with the lion or zebra for example. The moose was a different story, the figure is basically the same but in a different pose once the original moose had some problems with legs due to its pose.
It reduces at a certain point the collectability interest, first, because versions are hardly compatible and then because it is boring to have several figures in almost the same pose. But it is what we can expect from Mojö, an improvement in every step the brand gives.
By the way, regarding bears, almost all Mojö bears are in different poses although none of them is standing-up what seems to be fashion these days. Very Happy

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 8:08 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

My favorite to compare are grizzlies, if you look at lots of figures between companies it represents the possible types of those bears in the wild, I.e. boxy muzzles, small heads, round bodies etc. And collecting different looking models also represents those individuals within a species.

And although i dont feel the color on this wolf is necessarily realistic, something about it appeals to me. And do hope for pups from them.... hopefully at least two since they arent often done by companies and mojo would do a good job I think. drunken  bounce

I have few grizzlies actually just 2, the safari 2015 adult gzly ( which seems to be smiling Very Happy and the schleich growling grizzly cyclops .. both are different and i like both of them ..A variety of same animal from diff brands is excellent also when using the figures for dioramas!! I hope Mojo also returns to making some rare species again scratch  or will they??.. but I guess they need to survive first , that is why we will see more of the common animals they are releasing now ..If Mojo is just catering to collectors ( who are scattered thinly across the globe) will not help Mojo grow .. In India very few I know who collect like I do ( in almost 4 decades of my life I know of just less than 10 persons in a country of over a billion !!) .. Safari Ltd sells in India and they are an old experienced campaigner selling toys across the world... Hoping Mojo makes it too !!

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 9:43 am

The polar bear also look similar to the grizzly bear too!

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 8:38 am

It is a nice Polar , but Mojo lost the opportunity to do a different pose Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 3:53 pm

Well, do we get any more Mojo?

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 7:37 pm

"This year Mojo is expanding it's Fantasy Range with some dark variations of our classic models. Take a look at our Dark Unicorn a fantasy creature to be feared unlike its lighter cousin."

2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 11224815_1090328960985458_5835805100976931793_n

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 7:43 pm

Interesting, but when I said intriguing I meant with extant animals. Laughing At least their company is actually growing though, that's a good sign.

Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 9:04 pm

Don't just paint an old model black and call it evil, that's just lazy.
Pffft.   Rolling Eyes  They could've at least slapped some awesome batwings on it.
Or made the horn a backwards cross. LOL. Twisted Evil
Come on Mojo. Step it up. Be a little creative. Bring us something new.

arrow  I rather see the Tinker and Texas Longhorn and Lemur with baby being released in 2016.

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 3:25 am

Expanding fantasy range sounds nice. The black unicorn is not bad, but i hope for more fantasy, especially uncommon fantasy.

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:47 am

umm...ok, not quite what I wa shopping for, nor even REMOTELY close to what I was hoping for. Laughing

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 3:14 pm

cattlecollector wrote:
umm...ok, not quite what I wa shopping for, nor even REMOTELY close to what I was hoping for. Laughing

Oh come on, you KNOW you needed an evil unicorn!!! Wink

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm trying hard to resist the urge Laughing

Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 5:27 pm

I´m not pleased so far... Polar bear is "same old same old"... repainted unicorn. Wolf is good but... scratch scratch I hope, there will be more new animals.

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 1:34 am

Still waiting for the spanish bull of 2015 to be available around here.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!   2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 Mojö Fun - Completely revealed page 1!
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next