Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finds from Schelich Sale

Go down 
+3
Wilorvise
LeeAnn
Lennart
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lennart

Country/State : Sweden

Finds from Schelich Sale Empty
PostSubject: Finds from Schelich Sale   Finds from Schelich Sale EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:31 pm

The Danish terrible and aggressive toy chain BR/Top Toy closed their Stockholm flagstore and sold out everything for half price.

So i bought a lot of Schleich things. The new Waterhole had gone but I found the Lion cliff and a lot of trees/bushes.

Here some samples completed with german 1:32 tigers and a Reisler panther:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also bought the henhouse which I now paints grey and is going to be a zoo building.

/Lennart
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Finds from Schelich Sale   Finds from Schelich Sale EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:34 pm

Wow, looks great! cheers

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Finds from Schelich Sale   Finds from Schelich Sale EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 2:37 pm

Congrats on getting better prices!

Your display looks great

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Finds from Schelich Sale   Finds from Schelich Sale EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 5:09 pm

What a terrific display cheers

Thankyou for sharing these pictures for joy an inspirations to us all Applause

PS, - you are so right about "Fætter BR". Mad
They have almost killed all other toyshops in Denmark! There is almost nothing but BR and ToysRus ( Which is also BR here ) Suspect

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Finds from Schelich Sale   Finds from Schelich Sale EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 6:18 pm

Beautiful display and very nice pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
donhill

donhill

PostSubject: Re: Finds from Schelich Sale   Finds from Schelich Sale EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 12:23 am

What store location was this?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Finds from Schelich Sale   Finds from Schelich Sale EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 9:21 am

Great :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lennart

PostSubject: Re: Finds from Schelich Sale   Finds from Schelich Sale EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:28 pm

Hi,

and thanks all. Store location, Gallerian Stockholm.

And to explain, BR is a chain known for it's hard business model.
My sources says that they seek out local toy handlers, and give them ultimatum; sell your store or we open up beside You.
They have a very cost-efficient organisation and can crush almost everyone. BR also copy other brands successes and sell their own stuff cheaper. They demand to by things cheap from major suppliers or threat not to stock them.

But the worst thing is, I think, that they are striding for a nearly monopoly situation in Sweden (and I think Denmark) and when they rule the market cut down the articles in their store to a minimum.
Since they have small competition and low prices this means that they rule the market and pushes it into a narrow path with fewer and fewer choices....
They also own Toys'R'Us and Sweden.

Schleich have actually survived in their shops so it must means that BR have optained very good prices or that the margins, which I guess, is very good att Schlelch things. They are very high-priced... Even at half price...

And when talking Schleich, I have noticed that at the Swedish E-bay Tradera Schleich animals are frequent and att very low prices. I think that this is due to shoplifting. Cause they often sells in random bundles/strange combinations that I don't think any kid/parents would have chosen. Anyone who have noticed the same?

Lennart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finds from Schelich Sale   Finds from Schelich Sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Finds from Schelich Sale
Page 1 of 1