Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!

Go down 
+5
Roger
widukind
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!    Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 8:21 pm

landrover wrote:
Please see Nayab page  item n° 78 wild animals 9" -12" assorted styles.

Ahhh. So it is another series :-D
Thankyou, Faenando !

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!    Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 1:11 am

I am reviving this topic once the Hippopotamus is still missing to complete the series at Toy Animal Wiki. So, if anyone owns it and can provide a picture, it would be of help. Very Happy

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!    Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 4:13 pm

I found the Nayab hippo but its sold here under Timpo!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!    Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Taos wrote:
I found the Nayab hippo but its sold here under Timpo!

Thanks Taylor, it is wonderful that you've found it. I think it is not a problem it is sold under Timpo brand name once it is the exact figure. Now the gallery of Realistic Figures of Nayab is complete. However, to show how sometimes it is not easy to work in a Wiki, here is something that got unnoticed. The picture of the Nayab hippo was already on TAI since 2014 from Christophe's collection. Though, as the Nayab section is often redesigned once info about the company is poor, the hippo got lost all these years. Sleep I used your picture anyway and both complement each other once they show different flanks of the animal. If it was not you, this poor hippo would surely got lost some more years. Laughing

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!    Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 9:09 pm

More than welcome Roger! Smile

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!    Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 3:15 pm

We know the story of this series is not clear. My conviction is that Nayab is not the original manufacturer but ToyWay instead as someone supported on Forum. The Timpo hippo from Taos corroborates it. The whole series become known from DelPrado and I believe Nayab copied them later. Though, it is impossible to check with precision which versions are each one posted on TAW. I know my crocodile is a genuine DelPrado because it has the tag.
I also have the fox in white color sold as a Happy Kin Toys and now [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] shared a leopard made with the tiger mould. So, we have the orange tiger, the white tiger which is also Happy Kin Toys and now this leopard. Interesting that some rosets display a central spot as in jaguars.

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: nayab realistic series now complet on TAI   Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 8:54 pm

I saw the following advertisement from the collection the ark of animals by Del Prado publishers released in 2001 which showed some animals in this series, which are more detailed and better painted than the nayab ones.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!    Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!  - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 16, 2022 9:13 pm

Very nice and they're defintely better. It might be interesting to try to list the original Del Prado ones on TAW but since the collection is huge, it would not be easy. I can find a few original ones for sale and I have the original crocodile as I mentioned.
The advertising is from December 2001 which explains why the price of the giraffe is in Euros and francs. Euros were officially used in France since 2002.

PostSubject: Re: Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!    Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nayab Realistic series now complet on TAI!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2