Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please

Go down 
+10
Saarlooswolfhound
Bonnie
pipsxlch
landrover
Jill
Bowhead Whale
Babdo
Jennypurr
SUSANNE
Roger
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 1:51 pm

Roger wrote:

For fun, here is a Brabant for sale
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

An expensive Avelignese/Haflinger

The Saddlebred,

Here a lot with the Saddlebred and the Karabair

Here a Polish draft with two more

Here is a Friesian in a lot of 10

As I told, just for reference, these horses get expensive when bought individually once we can find them sold in lots.
Thank you for sharing links! :) I at least have been eyeing a few of these for a while, trying to decide what I am willing to spend. Laughing I really like that Haflinger.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 3:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], sorry for not quoting you.
I will check your dog customized Friesian and decide. Laughing
Don't worry about these little mistakes, yesterday I opened a topic on forum and many hours later I've found that I messed and missed many things.
OK, but I agree, you have a problem with the "K" letter. tongue I hope you don't collect Innovative Kids, they're all marked with a "K". hahah!
That Noriker story was probably almost 10 years ago, I am not even sure it was a Funrise, probably a Grand Champions, those from the Empire company, I am sure you know these GC too.
Yes, the Haflinger is probably the nicest of the 1991 series. Great hairy parts, very muscular, beautiful pose and cute. It seems to be one of the hardest to find of that series but it is not cheap at all. You can buy a set with that money.

p.s. all the missing breed pages are now on TAW.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Roger wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], sorry for not quoting you.
Oh no problem at all, I am just in such a habit of using the quote feature from previous forums, it's just how I keep track of what I've replied to so I don't miss something. I am pretty good at missing things. Like the letter K. Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 1:43 am

Okay, I managed better than a stablemate. I had to dig a bit to find what few Schliech I have, but I figured this guy would be a better comparison!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 5:33 am

I might have a couple Funrise horses also, shall have to check not sure...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2021 10:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I wasn't expecting these horses to be almost as large as Schleich smaller horses. So, I am glad you decided to show it with the corresponding Schleich figure. It is a perfect comparison picture.

pipsxlch wrote:
I might have a couple Funrise  horses also, shall have to check not sure...

Yes, you are a good candidat to own a few Funrise models, they seemed to be popular through the 1990's and still relatively easy to find in trift stores. Please let us know what you can find. Very Happy

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 4:38 am

Thought I had more, all I could find is a dapple grey Peruvian Paso and a big horse that stylistically looks like Funrise but is just marked 'Noriker Hong Kong'. It also looks like it was flocked once.

Jill will have them soon. If I can get to a flea market soon or get lucky at a thrift store, I'll let you know.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 10:52 am

pipsxlch wrote:
Thought I had more, all I could find is a dapple grey Peruvian Paso and a big horse that stylistically looks like Funrise but is just marked 'Noriker Hong Kong'. It also looks like it was flocked once.

Jill will have them soon. If I can get to a flea market soon or get lucky at a thrift store, I'll let you know.

The Dapple grey is probably this Paso Fino.. - the large Noriker is probably from another brand. scratch

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptySat May 01, 2021 4:13 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Jill will have them soon.
Can't wait to see them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 2:26 am

Here's the "custom" Friesian F Wink He needs a veterinarian.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptySun May 02, 2021 10:39 am

Laughing we don't use to put customs on TAW but we will use this picture until someone provides a pic with a Friesian in original condition. Wink

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 9:10 pm

Some new arrivals! These were advertised as Funrise horses, and I can see why. I thought these were going to be straightforward, as in, they would be the same horses used for the International Show Horse Collection, just released with foals, but that doesn't seem to be the case. In fact, I think they might be very clever imposters and not Funrise horses at all.

I bought the lot mainly because the gray clydesdale was interesting, since I know the Show Horse collection one is a bay. The appaloosa here was also definitely not the same as the other appaloosa (not even an appaloosa, really), but the Karabair and the Saddlebred seemed to be the same. Turns out all of them are made from gray plastic and painted a little less precisely (if you can believe it) than the Show Horse collection, and their mold stamps, while similar, are a little bit different. Mainly - they are missing the Funrise copyright. So, are they "knock offs"? Are they like the "Club Earth" horses, the molds just used by someone else probably? Funrise did make mare and foal sets, but I don't have one in hand, so I don't know how they were stamped. I assume they have Funrise on them!

The foals do not have a breed OR Funrise on their stamp, but they match so well, both in paint job and the gray plastic they are made from, I feel like they must go together.

Anyway, here they are!

Appaloosa C

Saddlebred H

Clydesdale J

Karabair L

Karabair (?) foal A

Appaloosa (?) foal C

Saddlebred (?) foal D

Comparison of Lipizzaner from the Show Horses and Appaloosa from this set. Show Horse collection has Breed/ Funrise and Date/ Made in China/ Letter. New horses have Breed/ Date/ Made in China/ Letter

EDIT: Forgot the foal belly stamp

Last edited by Jill on Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 9:20 pm

I had some help with this photoshoot as well.

Unimpressed by the imposters
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 10:21 pm

That Appaloosa at least was marketed by/for Toy Major- that's the 'TM' in an oval, it isn't a 'trademark' stamp like it seems. A lot of us have been thrown by their stamp!

I agree the paintjobs imply that the foals go with those adults. I rather like the Karabair foal actually.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 10:45 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
That Appaloosa at least was marketed by/for Toy Major- that's the 'TM' in an oval, it isn't a 'trademark' stamp like it seems. A lot of us have been thrown by their stamp!

I agree the paintjobs imply that the foals go with those adults. I rather like the Karabair foal actually.

Thank you! The adults are all stamped the same (except for breed), so they must all be Toy Major. What a tricky brand stamp.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyMon May 03, 2021 11:33 pm

Yes, if they're all stamped with TM in an oval, they're Toy Major.
We don't know if Toy Major, a manufacturer, produced them for Funrise or if they just copied the models later. What also happens sometimes is that they produce some figures to a certain company and later they sell the same models with their own branding.
We can see a set of Mare & Foal palominos in this link and branded Funrise. It would really be very informative to know how they are marked.
Also, don't you think the foal marked A is an Arabian? It would be more consistent as long as it is marked 'A' and isn't its head shaped like an Arabian?
I love that you have such useful help while taking pictures. Laughing

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 12:01 am

It certainly could be intended to be an Arabian, and then just painted like the Karabair, right? Given the fact that they might be produced by Toy Major from molds they used for other companies, maybe these foals have had nothing at all to do with Funrise, and were pulled from some other line? None of them match that Palomino foal, at least.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 11:53 am

I deleted my post here because I should have noticed the year marked on Toy Major figures is the exact same as in Funrise figures.
That's strange actually.
Funrise was founded in 1987 and this series is from 1988 so I think that Toy Major, manufactured these to Funrise. Probably Funrise designed them and Toy Major produced them. Toy Major as the owner of the moulds, also produced for their own portfolium keeping the exclusivity for Funrise in the USA and Canada as it was usual. In any case, it is strange that Toy Major preserved the letters and breeds. They surely don't know what is an Appaloosa so I'd be not surprised if they gave an Arabian foal to a Karabair. Though, it is all speculative.
I love when someone collects in such a dedicated way, figures of a non cult brand. Even if your Funrise are manufactured by Toy Major, they're still Funrise and the fact that you have the Toy Major versions, is a very interesting complement to your Funrise collection.
I will defintely list your last models as Toy Major to avoid that they are introduced as Funrise.
Where to list a horse marked Appaloosa, that is a color breed, if it is not colored as an Appaloosa? Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 3:14 pm

While listing these Toy Major Horses on TAW and since it is obvious those are foals of the adultes you received. I suspect that maybe there are only 4 foal sculpts, these 3 you received plus the one I linked from the Funrise Mare & Foal set You have Foals A, C and D and supposing the Palomino foal is mould B, I think they may be using the same foal for different adults only matching the colors. Something to find out unless you have more pictures of Mare & Foal sets?
If I am thinking correctly, it is normal that the letters do not match and it is also natural that they use the Arabian foal mould to the Karabair.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 5:22 pm

Roger wrote:

Where to list a horse marked Appaloosa, that is a color breed, if it is not colored as an Appaloosa? Laughing

Despite being a breed defined by color, Appaloosas don't have to show any Appaloosa pattern. Maybe things have changed now- it was many years ago- but I remember when I was young and my mother was actively showing her Arab stud at the all breed shows, being confused at the Appy classes. Invariably, most (rarely all) of the horses being shown displayed little to no Appy color. Even the horses winning the halter classes were indistinguishable from Quarter horses. They actually started Appaloosa color classes because of the negative response from the viewing public, where the horse had to display Appy characteristics.

This was back in the mid 70s- late 80s.

So to make a long story short, no reason not to put the model with the Appaloosas.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 6:06 pm

Roger wrote:
I deleted my post here because I should have noticed the year marked on Toy Major figures is the exact same as in Funrise figures.
That's strange actually.
Funrise was founded in 1987 and this series is from 1988 so I think that Toy Major, manufactured these to Funrise. Probably Funrise designed them and Toy Major produced them. Toy Major as the owner of the moulds, also produced for their own portfolium keeping the exclusivity for Funrise in the USA and Canada as it was usual. In any case, it is strange that Toy Major preserved the letters and breeds. They surely don't know what is an Appaloosa so I'd be not surprised if they gave an Arabian foal to a Karabair. Though, it is all speculative.
I know in My Little Pony, the molds are dated with the year they were created, not the year the actual toy was released (so one mold used for four different designs in four different years still has the same date, the year it was first released). I always assumed that was true on all other toys, but that was before you told me the stamps could be be changed. Is it possible that's what they've done here, just left the information as it was when it was first released, regardless of when Toy Major released them separately?

Quote :
I love when someone collects in such a dedicated way, figures of a non cult brand. Even if your Funrise are manufactured by Toy Major, they're still Funrise and the fact that you have the Toy Major versions, is a very interesting complement to your Funrise collection.
They are definitely on my Funrise shelf. Very Happy They fit right in. It's fun to have them, because apparently Funrise did not reuse these molds with any other colors (at least not that have turned up in my searches yet!), so having a variation on them is neat. Though I think it is also impressive that Funrise made a unique mold for each breed, even if some of them are quite goofy looking. It's part of the charm of the set, for sure.

Roger wrote:
While listing these Toy Major Horses on TAW and since it is obvious those are foals of the adultes you received. I suspect that maybe there are only 4 foal sculpts, these 3 you received plus the one I linked from the Funrise Mare & Foal set You have Foals A, C and D and supposing the Palomino foal is mould B, I think they may be using the same foal for different adults only matching the colors. Something to find out unless you have more pictures of Mare & Foal sets?
Unfortunately that Palomino set is the only one currently on the market that I can find, and looking up Toy Major Mare and Foal sets is apparently much too broad and doesn't seem to turn up anything. I'll keep an eye out, though. I have a feeling there's one out there for the Clydesdale, though it probably doesn't look like a clydesdale.

pipsxlch wrote:

Despite being a breed defined by color, Appaloosas don't have to show any Appaloosa pattern. Maybe things have changed now- it was many years ago- but I remember when I was young and my mother was actively showing her Arab stud at the all breed shows, being confused at the Appy classes. Invariably, most (rarely all) of the horses being shown displayed little to no Appy color. Even the horses winning the halter classes were indistinguishable from Quarter horses. They actually started Appaloosa color classes because of the negative response from the viewing public, where the horse had to display Appy characteristics.

So to make a long story short, no reason not to put the model with the Appaloosas.
That's still true, I should not have poked fun at the poor thing (but I bet Toy Major wasn't thinking of that when they designed it Laughing)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyTue May 04, 2021 9:11 pm

pipsxlch wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks for your imput! Curiously, I listed them as Appaloosas only because that is the place a collector will search for a figure marked Appaloosa. Honestly I was not aware these solide colors were accepted in Appaloosas, though I feel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is right and surely Toy Major is not necesarily aware of it and likely it was just a random color choice from them.

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:
Unfortunately that Palomino set is the only one currently on the market that I can find, and looking up Toy Major Mare and Foal sets is apparently much too broad and doesn't seem to turn up anything. I'll keep an eye out, though. I have a feeling there's one out there for the Clydesdale, though it probably doesn't look like a clydesdale.

Yes, Toy Major has other sets of mare and foal different from Funrise.
It is a question of time, someone will find more and share with us just as you did and we will surely learn more about this beautiful series of small horses.

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 6:52 pm

Hello,
I found some information on my computer. I do not know when I take the pictures from the internet.
Sorry. Benno.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyWed May 05, 2021 8:18 pm

That's a much clearer picture than I have been working from, thank you so much for sharing!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 EmptyThu May 06, 2021 10:43 am

The same for me, thanks!

PostSubject: Re: Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please   Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Funrise Horses, help with information and pictures please
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next