Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funrise carousel horses

Go down 
+3
Roger
Jill
Saarlooswolfhound
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Funrise carousel horses Empty
PostSubject: Funrise carousel horses   Funrise carousel horses EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 12:30 am

My grandmother collected carousel horses and now that she is getting older she let her grandkids pick out a few to keep and remember her by when she is gone. I selected these 2 alongside some other classic ceramic ones. These are marked Funrise 1989. I wondered if anyone was aware of any others or perhaps also had some?...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I quite like them despite their toyish appearance. Pretty accurate for the carousel aesthetic. Being a Tolkein nerd I appreciate the gray horse's name. Wink

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: Funrise carousel horses   Funrise carousel horses EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 12:51 am

I don't have any, but I have definitely seen them while looking for the horses and dogs! I've never seen that white one with the flags! Both of them are neat. I have seen a yellow one, a bright pink one, and another white one with the head tucked, besides the gray. I used to collect carousel horses as well (that was a short lived effort, they are pretty expensive), but never had these guys. That's such a sweet gift and a nice memory to have. :)

(Tolkien Approved name, for sure. Wink)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Funrise carousel horses   Funrise carousel horses EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 12:55 am

I hope I am not killing your topic but I think I am aware of a few. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Funrise carousel horses   Funrise carousel horses EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 1:09 am

The world of carousels is magical and these two horses are a treasure. cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Funrise carousel horses   Funrise carousel horses EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 1:21 am

Thank you Jill and Fernando!

Roger, killing the topic? You are gonna kill my wallet! Laughing I may HAVE to get a few more... I wonder why my prancing pony is gray though...

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Funrise carousel horses   Funrise carousel horses EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 1:50 am

They must have at least 2 sets, your Magic Lancer isn't on the card. Wink
Sorry wallet! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Funrise carousel horses   Funrise carousel horses EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 11:18 am

Wonderful prancing ponies! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Funrise carousel horses   Funrise carousel horses EmptyTue Jul 13, 2021 8:57 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thank you Jill and Fernando!

Roger, killing the topic? You are gonna kill my wallet! Laughing I may HAVE to get a few more... I wonder why my prancing pony is gray though...

Simply color variations. Like Pipsxlch said, they must have been released more than once, just like the Larami Dinosaurs. They too were released three times, and each model is available in three different color schemes.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Funrise carousel horses   Funrise carousel horses EmptyWed Jul 14, 2021 1:46 am

I definitely will be looking for some more as I come across them. I think they are fun and would enjoy having a several of them. Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funrise carousel horses   Funrise carousel horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Funrise carousel horses
Page 1 of 1