Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lost interest

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

Lost interest Empty
PostSubject: Lost interest   Lost interest EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Not sure if this was here or where in the forum...

Well, You may have noticed I haven´t been an active member of the forum for several months. I used to love collecting horses and sculpting. But now... It´s very different.

My interest on collecting horses, Schleich horses in fact started decreasing a couple of years ago. I even didn´t buy all the models last year, none this current one, and now I see one and I am not able to say if I have it or not, if it´s 2015 or 2016. I have always perfectly known that... I am pretty sure it´s beac use they are getting uglier each year. Some years before I would have felt excited about getting the new horses, now it´s like "meh, more cute-ugly ponies". That´s the point I have even considered selling my entire Schleich horses collection... I have all the models from the beggining to 2014, including special editions and the Super Pinto (which now I think it could be fake, I found it veeery cheap at a toy fair, but anyway I have it). Still not sure, and no idea about how I could do that...

About sculpture, I´m sure it´s my job´s fault. It´s so time consuming that I don´t have time for everything: my horse, my friends, my boyfriend when I have one (...not lucky xD), painting, sculpting, my cats, family... I have to priorize and friends and horse go first.

I´m feeling a bit blue about that. Sculpting is something I really liked, and I see my sculptures and think: hey, they are not so bad for a begginer. Then I re-start sculpting aand customizing and... job comes here again. I´m starting to dislike my job. It apparts me from many things I like, or liked.

Maybe this should have gone in another forum topic. I´m sorry. Just needed to throw it away. Thanks for reading.

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Lost interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost interest   Lost interest EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 8:55 pm

Ola Silvia! Very Happy It is nice to hear from you even if are only showing your dicreasing interest in this hobby. Life changes a lot and everything can be different in a very short time.
You're not the only collector that got disapointed with newer Schleich horse and that decided to sell the older figures. Actually, it happened often last years and even the forum is suffereing the consequences of it. We were before a very strong community of collectors of Schleich horses and we're not anymore. Other online boards, that survived exclusively with collectors of Schleich horses are now dead or just inactive. Fortunately, there re still some good Schleich horses enthusiasts around. Very Happy
You are a member with an important participation on forum with a lot to tell:
I remember perfectly when you asked the meaning of WTF! Laughing flower
But more remarkable for me is your talent as a sculptor and painter, your unforgetable Zebras stallions battle. or the very bold Damaliscus. cheers
Your Zebra to quagga! ... do you still have it? scratch Wink
... or even The Aston Martin Vanquish... among many other works that fortunately can still be seen here. Very Happy
It is really a pity that you can't find time and motivation to keep expressing your talent. You're a gifted person and it should be preserved. Very Happy
You can use the trades section of the forum to sell your figures but I don't understand why to sell these horses that gave you a lot of joy, it is not their fault that newer ones are not as nice. Very Happy
The most important is that you are well and that you give priority to those you love. STS is and will always with open arms and open I love you

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

Lost interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost interest   Lost interest EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Aaaaw thank you sooooo much Rogério!

I think I´ll keep the horses for the moment, I don´t want to sell them and then regret about that...

I had no idea that feeling about Schleich horses was so common. I still like the old Schleichs, the good ones, and now I think I wouldn´t sell them if I finally decide to sell my collection. As I haven´t decided anything yet I prefer to wait and see what happens the coming years.

About my artworks well, I would love to feel inspired again - in fact I still have to finish a couple of figurines I started a loooong time ago... But I don´t like to work on them if I don´t feel like doing it, because I think the result is not the same. I don´t know if you can understand me .

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Lost interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost interest   Lost interest EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Hello, my dear friend , - good to hear from you Very Happy

I surly understand how you feel.
Life has it's periods, and now you are in a place where you have to make other priorities...and as Schleich does no longer make horses that speak to you, you want to give it all up.
Me, too: The years when I had more-than-full time job, family, house, garden, horses and all that, I never gave my old collection a thought.
But I had my old Reislers packed down, and how happy I am now that I did ! Wink

So I suggest that you pack down the models you like best instead of selling them Very Happy

And as Roger says, you are such a talented sculpturer, - however, it takes a lot of concentration and heaps of time.
It may not be possible full speed for some years, but perhaps you may want to make smaller projects in order not to grow totally "rusty" ? Shocked

Whatever you decided, the most important thing is that you are happy !!!!!!!
It is great to hear from you, and I hope you will say hello now and again in your happy future flower

PS : I see that while I wrote tis, you wrote almost the same as I suggested, - aren't we both smart people ? Laughing Laughing

Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Lost interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost interest   Lost interest EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 8:47 pm

Poor Sylobe... Do you know the last time I bought my last Schleich FIGURE at all? I don't even remember. Why? Simply because Schleich, since a few years, have gone more disappointing to me year after year. First, I cannot find any "Made in Germany/Portugal" animals anymore. Just "Made In China". And those "Made In China" animals always represent the same old commonly seen ones: lions, tigers, giraffes, cows, sheep, horses, tyrannosaurus rex... you know what I mean. No nudibranch, no rare baleen whale, no jellyfish, no prehistoric amphibian, no nothing. Just the same old stuff over and over again. On top of it, all those "Made In China" commonly seen animals are sold in high prices. Pfffff! If I wanna buy a "Made in China" tyrannosaurus rex, there are plenty in dollar stores for one buck or so. Come on! Schleich! Show us some originality! But no. They remain in the same old track they have been walking in since they sold their parts to the USA... Bleah!Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost interest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost interest   Lost interest Empty

Back to top Go down

Lost interest
Page 1 of 1