Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants

Go down 
+8
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
HKHollinstone
Sergey
Roger
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 2:44 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Picky Portuguise with many names, ok - strip him to the bones... Laughing

bones???? ...and ribcages? Laughing elephant
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 3:28 pm

We're not talking about Bully Okapi now Wink

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

The Safari ltd wildlife wonders African and Asian elephants, compared to the Schleich zebras, would you say that they were too large in proportion to the Zebras? Would they look silly together?
Why don't you take Bully and remodel his ears, I know you're capable to do it. You don't like it?
No, I don't like the bullyland one Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

The Safari ltd wildlife wonders African and Asian elephants, compared to the Schleich zebras, would you say that they were too large in proportion to the Zebras? Would they look silly together?

The SAFARI WW African elephant is a very hughe model and his size seems correct with zebras.

The problem IMHO is the shape of the model, it is very bulky to be a tall elephant. Animals are like humans, taller ones have different shape than smaller.
Look at the proportion of the legs, head and body of this pics and compare them to the WWs one. IMHO real life tall elephant have a smaller head and the legs are more slim. For me the WW is a smaller elephant at a bigger scale.
Thank you Christophe, you answered my question perfectly! cheers I love all those pictures of the real elephants too I love you

Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:45 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
skysthelimit wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

Why don't you take Bully and remodel his ears, I know you're capable to do it. You don't like it?

... I did,nt buy Bullyland elephant too. I think it,s some cartoon or animated cartoon and not accurate like real african elephnt. Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
On a 1/32 scale display

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Please what is the manufacturer of gazelles around the giraffes?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:54 pm

jarda wrote:
Please what is the manufacturer of gazelles around the giraffes?

Bandaï, as the ostrich pair  Very Happy

The Impalas

The Thomson's gazelles

Last edited by Kikimalou on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Sergey wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

... I did,nt buy Bullyland elephant too. I think it,s some cartoon or animated cartoon and not accurate like real african elephnt. Mad Mad Mad

That's what I thought... Before I saw him on a real shop display. it is better than my pics and, despite the ears, I love him very much.

Here is a topic review I made about him : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:07 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

I love your lower shelf display Christophe, all the animals look so lovely in scale with one another cheers

Thank you Harriet Very Happy But... What do you dislike in the upper shelve ?
No, I LOVE ! The upper shelf has some of my favourite models on. I just particularly like the lower one geek

...By the way Christophe, both shelves are very good. I especially like animals models "in scale" each other, but for sorry the most of all brands not following this principle even inside it,s lines-set models... silent silent
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 1:01 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Sergey wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

That's what I thought... Before I saw him on a real shop display. it is better than my pics and, despite the ears, I love him very much.

Here is a topic review I made about him : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I don't know now Laughing seeing your pictures of the bullyland elephant again, I'm on the verge of changing my mind about it... but I really don't like it's ears. Nothing beats the Lineol of course, wish I had him, then I'd be very happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 10:29 pm

I realy like both the papo´s and the safari elephant Very Happy

I think I like them more than schleich, not just for beeing good sculpts, but also that they have more lively poses than the schleich ones.

Thanx for the beautiful pics cheers

Oh and your shelves look jummy drunken Those baboons, what brands are they???
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:37 pm

I love papo elephant!  Smile  Smile  Smile

Last edited by ulinuk on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Thank you ulinuk  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Lucas L8

Lucas L8

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 7:57 pm

Looks like I got the wrong Papo elephant. How about the Mojo one, is it good?
Back to top Go down
http://www.noticiaanimal.com.br
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 9:50 am

Sleep Sleep Sleep  I don't have one  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants   For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

For Robert : The PAPO's african elephants
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2