Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

US series Yowies swap topic

Go down 
+14
WhiteLightning Wolf
shadoweon
Saarlooswolfhound
PhocidPhreak
Attis
Duck-Anch-Amun
widukind
halichoeres
moreta
Roger
SUSANNE
Night Elf
pipsxlch
Blublub
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 10:33 pm

Trade list updated. I am gearing up for Series 4 to show up at the local stores!

Blublub

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Night Elf wrote:
Trade list updated. I am gearing up for Series 4 to show up at the local stores!

Just found Series 4 at a local Target. Will update my trade list in first post soon...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 6:11 pm

Cn anybody help me to find my wishes from serie 4? Thanks

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Blublub

Blublub

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 6:32 pm

widukind wrote:

Hi Andreas,

I am going to try to track down more later today - which do you need?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Blublub wrote:
widukind wrote:

Hi Andreas,

I am going to try to track down more later today - which do you need?

Thank you, i send you a pm

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 5:58 am

Edited my list.

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 11:33 am

Hello

I´m searching those US Yowies. I prefer to buy them, as I haven´t any species to trade :)

Blue-winged Goose
Orange-bellied Parrot
Southern Ground Hornbill
Strange-horned Chameleon
White-Lipped Peccary
Burmese Star Tortoise
Kipunji Monkey
Guanaco
Irrawaddy Dolphin
Kihansi Spray Toad
Sumatran Ground Cuckoo
Back to top Go down
Attis

Attis

Country/State : Hungary

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 5:12 pm

Hello

I´m searching those US Yowies. I prefer to buy them, as I haven´t any species to trade :)

I has interrest to the following modells :
Series 4
Sumatran Ground Cuckoo - from this series this modell want i the most !
Andean Bear
Fossa
Silky Sifaka
Kipunji Monkey
Okapi
Burmese Star Tortoise
White-Lipped Peccary
Mandrill
Sumatran Orangutan
Guanaco
Irrawaddy Dolphin

Series 3
Southern ground Hornbill
Chinese Pangolin

When somone has some from them to sale please let me know ! Smile
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 6:37 pm

@Duck-Anch-Amun I would be happy to sell you a parrot and goose from Series 3. Shipping to the EU is generally about $14 minimum, unfortunately Sad

@Attis same as above; I would be willing to sell you a pangolin, but again shipping is expensive from US to EU.

In either case if you want to wait until I have some Series 4 figures for combined shipping that's fine too :) PM me if interested.

Blublub

Blublub

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Yes, I'll sell some as well but first want to trade to complete the set.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 8:43 am

Still no series 4 at my local stores. I have tried Walmart, Target, Walgreens, and Winco, although I just realized I forgot to check Safeway. bounce

Any other places I should try?

Blublub

Blublub

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 4:10 pm

Night Elf wrote:
Still no series 4 at my local stores. I have tried Walmart, Target, Walgreens, and Winco, although I just realized I forgot to check Safeway. bounce

Any other places I should try?

Not that I know of - very strange, since as they say here in Minnesota you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a box of series 4 at the first three you mentioned.

Are you sure that you're actually not seeing the new series? They aren't very well marked - you have to look very closely to the box and labels to see where it says "New Series" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 5:19 pm

I've only seen them at Target so far (upstate New York), and the box has a mandrill on it, which Series 3 didn't. If they aren't displayed in the box I don't think I'd be able to tell.

PhocidPhreak

PhocidPhreak

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 6:19 pm

The foil wrapper of Series 4 has a white band with the WCS logo, and all of the ones I've gotten had an expiration date of Dec 2019.

Blublub

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Updated my trade list in the first post. I'm likely done blind-buying these and am hoping to trade to complete the collection. I'm going to list them on Ebay for sale in the next few days, so if you're interested please PM me. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 7:51 pm

PhocidPhreak wrote:
The foil wrapper of Series 4 has a white band with the WCS logo, and all of the ones I've gotten had an expiration date of Dec 2019.

I have been looking for that. The stores sometimes don't change out the boxes in the checkout lanes, so I check the foil bellies. None in my area yet. They must have a backlog of Series 3 to sell. I guess I need to be patient.  Laughing  bounce

halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 7:19 pm

List updated! More Series 4 available to trade (and fewer to find!).

Night Elf

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 11:38 am

Walmart in my town finally got Series 4, but only has one box out so far (the rest are Series 3). I bought a handful of the eggs, but it's so close to Christmas I put them under the tree. I waited this long already, so I guess I can wait a little longer. Laughing

halichoeres

halichoeres

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Night Elf wrote:
Walmart in my town finally got Series 4, but only has one box out so far (the rest are Series 3). I bought a handful of the eggs, but it's so close to Christmas I put them under the tree. I waited this long already, so I guess I can wait a little longer. Laughing

Wow, that took a long time! But at least that will be a nice Christmas surprise :)
Back to top Go down
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3390.0
Blublub

Blublub

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 02, 2019 10:06 pm

Updated my have/want list in the first post. I will trade any FOUR of my haves for one Burmese Star Tortoise w/papers.

Last edited by Blublub on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blublub

Blublub

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2019 5:19 pm

Night Elf wrote:
PhocidPhreak wrote:

I have been looking for that. The stores sometimes don't change out the boxes in the checkout lanes, so I check the foil bellies. None in my area yet. They must have a backlog of Series 3 to sell. I guess I need to be patient.  Laughing  bounce

Yeah, be very careful. Both Target and Walmart in my area tend to mix in old series along with the new. If it's an open box you'll want to look for that white band every time.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 10:28 am

Blublub wrote:
Yeah, be very careful. Both Target and Walmart in my area tend to mix in old series along with the new. If it's an open box you'll want to look for that white band every time.

No joke! Walmart almost got me last time doing that. Luckily I noticed before I got to the checkout. Rolling Eyes

Night Elf

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 10:44 am

I updated my list again. I don't think I will be buying more Yowies from the store for a while. I'm pretty sure at this point I will end up with lots of duplicates of my current trade fodder if I do. Maybe the tigers/mandrills/tortoises, etc will be easier to find in future batches?

Also, is anyone else less than enthused about the new softer plastic Yowie is making them with? I don't notice it on some figures, but it is particularly yucky/cheap feeling on the guanaco and the ground cuckoo. pale

Blublub

Blublub

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2019 6:08 pm

I hear you Jessica - either they have some serious distribution issues with this series or they've moved to a "chase" model.

After something like four boxes I have never seen an orangutan or star tortoise nor have I seen any online for sale. I'm beginning to wonder if/how many of these actually exist. Then again, I thought that about the spray toad and all of a sudden I got bunches.

On the plus side, they seem to SERIOUSLY have reduced the number of Yowies in the mix. That can only be a good thing in my book. In my four + boxes this series I have only gotten two Yowies. Much better, although I really wish they'd eliminate these entirely or, if they must, make these the chase issues.

I haven't really noticed much difference in the quality of the plastic. It has always been a little all over the map, some are resin-like hard plastic (like the rabbit in the first series) and others are flexible (mostly marine mammals). The cuckoo and guanacos that I have seem on the better end of the spectrum. I certainly hope they haven't moved to a new formula that I haven't seen yet.

In any event, I've had good fun collecting these. The quality is above-average and the mix of species is excellent (certainly comparable to the old Playvisions). I'd love to support them as long as they continue issuing new animals, but if this continues I'm out as well. I keep keep going back for a few more but my patience is wearing thin.
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 2:55 am

Posting extra figures if anyone would like to trade/buy them. I will ship international. I would be happy to sell outright as well, or trade for non Yowies. Figures without papers are secondhand and may have some playwear, no major damage though.

WANTED
No papers/playwear is fine, just no major damage
I will often trade multiples for a figure I want, or non-Yowie figures

Series 2- Bairds tapir
Series 3-Orange belly parrot
Series 6- Andean cat, Atlantic puffin
Series 7- Pacific Glass frog
Series 8- Cassowary with paint scuffs/scrapes for customizing, really want this

TRADING/ SELLING

Series 1
African Grass Owl (paper only, no figure)
Clownfish
Galapagos Tortoise x2 (1 no paper, paper is throwback series)
Anteater x3 (1 no papers)
Grey Wolf (no papers)
Wombat ( no papers)
Alpaca (no papers)
Brown Bear (no papers)
Red Kangaroo (no papers)

Series 2
Bald Eagle (no papers)
Black Jaguar x3 (no papers)
Leatherback Sea Turtle x3 (1 no papers)
Caracal
Black Footed Ferret (no papers)
Hornbill (no papers)
American Crocodile (no paper)
Palila (no paper)
Andean Condor (no paper)
Whale Shark

Series 3
Black Rhinoceros x3 (1 without papers)
Sun Bear (no papers)
Lar Gibbon x3 (1 without papers)
Hippopotamus
Bactrian Camel x2 (1 without papers)
Pangolin (no papers)
Tasmanian Devil x2
Lion x2 (no papers)
Numbat (no papers)
Orange Belly Parrot (paper only)
Eric the Bulldog (no papers)

Series 4
Cheetah
Silky Sifaka
White-Lipped Peccary x2 (without papers)
Snow Leopard
Cheetah
Fossa (no papers)
Blue Shark
Humpback Whale
Siberian Tiger (no paper)

Series 5
Leopard Shark
Hammerhead Shark x3
Cape Seahorse x5
Golden Sandfish x2
Ocean Sunfish x2
Atlantic Wolffish x2 (1 without papers)
Giant Cuttlefish (2 extra papers)
Beluga Sturgeon
Saimaa Ring Seal
Giant Tasmanian Crayfish x2

Series 6
Ghost Crab x2
Green Vine Snake x3 (2 without papers)
Honey Badger
Red Fox x5 (1 no papers)
Yellow Tang x3
Sunda Colugo

Series 7
Black Flanked Rock Wallaby
Southern Bent Winged Bat x3 (1 no paper)
Ruby Eyed Pit Viper x5
Brown Sea Cucumber
Walrus
Spotted Hyena (no paper)
Peacock Tarantula (no papers)
Chinhai Spiny Newt x2
Wolverine (no papers)
Hooded Pitohui x2
Albert's Lyrebird x2
Sunflower Sea Star x2

Series 8
Dugong x3
North African Hedgehog x2
Short Beaked Echidna x2
Harp Seal x2
Visayan Warty Pig x2
Yellow Belly Glider x3
Iberian Lynx
Cassowary
Cuban Crocodile
Finless Porpoise x2
Asian Black Bear x3
Giant Frogfish x4

Yowies Gummies
German Shepherd x2
Siamese Cat
African Clawed Frog x2
Green Tree Frog x4

Last edited 04 February 2024

Last edited by pipsxlch on Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:25 am; edited 44 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US series Yowies swap topic   US series Yowies swap topic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

US series Yowies swap topic
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next