Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017

Go down 
+6
onatello
JonasV
Kikimalou
Roger
widukind
SUSANNE
10 posters
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 Empty
PostSubject: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 5:19 pm

Schleich does not only change horse models more rapidly these days. Also the elephants are renewed after only a few years  elephant

The old models helt for up to 15 years, but thigs go fast these days  Shocked
Last year we got new African elephants after 4 years.

This year the Asian ones are renewed after 5 years, and here you see them :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The female , - not much is new. Huge head, calm pose etc.... but she is nice  Very Happy

The male elephant ...also very Schleich-traditional Wink
I think he needs a new toothbrush  scratch  Laughing

But here comes the calf, and he is adoreable !!
He is a bit too large to be a fuzzy baby. The new borne ones are so little that they can easily walk under the belly of their mother. But scale never was very important to Schleich  Laughing

Trying to grab Mom's tail  Laughing

Talking about tails, - they have some funny looking tails  drunken

Here you see the latest males of the two Schleich elephant species :

...and a comparisom of the Asian males over time Very Happy

The old models helt for up to 15 years, but that has changed !

sunny elephant elephant elephant cheers

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 7:18 pm

Lovely elephants Susanne :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 7:53 pm

This is a very well presented topic, a piece of Schleich Asian elephant history. elephant
Schleich was always very inaccurate with elephants and they insist to show very similar figures all these years. Though, there is some effort to show something slightly different although not revolutionary. It seems also that they listen to us lately once we always disliked the too white tusks. Trunk and ears also seem better but still far from what a real elephant should look like. Enough appealing anyway and surely a good addition to who loves Schleich or elepants. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 8:45 pm

Thankyou for your comments, guys Very Happy

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 9:23 pm

You know I'm not a fan of Schleich elephants but I like the way these ones are moving, even if they have still very Schleichy proportions, they look very "alive". Not for my shelve but I enjoy the pics Very Happy tahnk you Susanne for this walkaround Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 12:51 am

Thank you for these excellent photos and your thoughts on the models Susanne it was really interesting reading them. Yes it is really strange how fast they come up with a new family of for example elephants but horses too. And we have been witnessing that Schleich does not know anymore any other horse breeds but Lippizaner Icelandic and Hannoverian horses. bom Very Happy well guess times will get better..
Anyway I love those comparison photos I think they look very neat there all together. I notice they came up with an overly exciting pose for the bull this year.

Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 8:18 am

Thanks, Christophe and Jonas Very Happy

JonasV wrote:
.... And we have been witnessing that Schleich does not know anymore any other horse breeds but Lippizaner Icelandic and Hannoverian horses. bom Very Happy
Very Happy

Just my thoughts also Laughing

onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 8:00 pm

Congrats to your new elephants.
The calf is cute, I didn't like it on promo photo, looks much better in real. And I like the movement of all of them.

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
Farm collector

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 12:55 pm

Is it only me or are,nt their color a bit to dark scratch study Otherwise, very nice models Applause
Back to top Go down
AnimalP

Country/State : PL

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 11:25 pm

Yes, I agree the color is far too dark, by what came out a little realistically. It seems to me that the previous model was more similar in color and appearance to the elephant indian...
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 3:10 am

What is happened with his tusks? Looks like caries.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 8:44 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
What is happened with his tusks? Looks like caries.

He has been eating liquorice perhaps ? Shocked Laughing Laughing

Barti

Barti

Country/State : Polish

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 3:34 pm

I managed to buy a small elephant today, unfortunately, very little new in the store so you have to wait for other models.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Congratulations, Barti Applause

Barti

Barti

Country/State : Polish

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Thank you Susanne. The boy charmed me .I look forward to gorillas Tucana and sloth beer
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2017 6:05 pm

Power up! elephant Thanks for additional pictures! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017   New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Asian elephants from Schleich 2017
Page 1 of 1