Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blaine's Bug of the Day

Go down 
+26
pipsxlch
rogerpgvg
Steve170
Tiermann
Caracal
Pardofelis
zirkoon
halichoeres
Megaptera
bmathison1972
SUSANNE
barracudacat
widukind
Nick
Anne from Norway
75senta75
ulinuk
kessan
Bowhead Whale
lucky luke
Wilorvise
Ana
TheLastStardust
landrover
Kikimalou
Roger
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Speaking of Pandinus cavimanus, I finaly acquired the Takara Tomy A.R.T.S figure from their Scorpion collection. This figure has eluded me for years. It was the 'secret' or 'chase' figure in the set:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As you can see, it is merely a repaint of the P. imperator from the same set:

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 6:20 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 7:14 pm

How large is this one. It looks fantastic! Applause
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 12, 2020 9:48 pm

Megaptera wrote:

Gashapon-sized; I don't have it handy but the yellow disc is about 5.0 cm in diamater
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 7:57 am

Amazing models !!!  cheers

Congratulations with finding such a rarity Applause

Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2020 9:45 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

Gashapon-sized; I don't have it handy but the yellow disc is about 5.0 cm in diamater

That's really small. A wonderful size to collect.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 6:14 pm

Most of CollectA's 2020 arthropod lineup (the horseshoe crab wasn't available yet):

1. black widow, Latrodectus mactans.
Not marketed at the species level, but this is the go-to species unless otherwise indicated. A fine sculpt, although the eye arrangement is not correct (an all too common issue with spider toys). It is not far off, however, so the designer may have been making a good-faith attempt. Leg span 11.0 cm by 12.5 cm.

2. centipede, Scolopendra sp.
An impressive figure at 16.5 cm (total figure length, not measured down the back). There are A LOT of species in this genus, so a definitive species-level identification is probably not possible.

3. trilobite, †Redlichia rex.
An impressive sculpt, and a new/unique species! Figure measures 8.2 cm, fairly similar to the Bullyland trilobite

4. lastly, the Mini Insects and Spiders! Want to see what's in the box? Well, you will have to wait for my Blog review of the set (which I hope to be able to put together in the next couple days).

Back to top Go down
halichoeres

halichoeres

Country/State : Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 6:28 pm

I've got my Redlichia on the way. Good to have a trilobite that isn't Olenoides!

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:33 pm

How great !! So at last they are on the way to the markets !!! cheers

I very much like the centipede, and the tribolit is great also Very Happy

Ohh, you are so cruel ! I just can't wait to see the mini-bugs bounce bounce Laughing bounce

Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 10:36 pm

Where on earth did you get the new additions?

Amazing figures

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 11:32 pm

Advicot wrote:
Where on earth did you get the new additions?

Amazing figures

MiniZoo out of Australia. Paid extra for Express and got them in a week!
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 10:52 am

Ahah MiniZoo! Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 1:47 pm

Advicot wrote:
Ahah MiniZoo! Very Happy

cheers

widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 9:46 pm

Congratulations. I'm also interested in that Insect Toob. So, I'm looking forward to your presentation.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Megaptera wrote:
Congratulations. I'm also interested in that Insect Toob. So, I'm looking forward to your presentation.Very Happy

it was posted on the Blog yesterday: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 1:53 am

Today, thanks to a very generous trade with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], my insect collection added 10 figures and NINE new species!!!

First up, the Play Visions paper wasp. I was only missing four PV arthropods; now I have only three to get. This figure is simply marked 'paper wasp' but I am sure it represents Polistes dorsalis, based on the color and predominance of North American species in the set.

Next, a bunch of Wing Mau (previously mis-associated as XX) beetles. Wow, I bought the few I had years ago. I never thought I would ever see any again! NMR_Okapi gave me 9 more in the set. Which means of the set of 24, I now only need TWO more!!!!

Left to right, top to bottom:
Calosoma scrutator
Cicindela campestris
Cotinis nitida
Adalia bipunctata, dark morph
Pyrochroa coccinea - this must be the only figure of a pyrochroid!
Rutpela (ex: Strangalia) maculata
Leptinotarsa decimlineata
Cassida viridis
Chrysochus auratus

Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 1:26 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

it was posted on the Blog yesterday: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you very much. How large are they? I'm really interested in getting them. Their normal counterparts are too large for my collection. So, I hope, that they are small enough for me.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 1:36 pm

Megaptera wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Megaptera wrote:

Thank you very much. How large are they? I'm really interested in getting them. Their normal counterparts are too large for my collection. So, I hope, that they are small enough for me.

I sent you a PM, but they are small, TOOB-sized, maybe 4.0 cm on average (I don't have one handy to measure). Perfect if you want CollectA but not take up too much space lol
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2020 3:55 pm

Thank you very much. So, I will definitely add this to my collection.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2020 7:07 pm

Wow, you found Wing Mau

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 12:19 am

widukind wrote:
Wow, you found Wing Mau

No, a generous forum (NMR_Okapi) member gave them to me ;-)

A new species for me, the must beetle Aromia moschata (Linnaeus, 1758) by Wing Mau. Speaking of Wing May, this also means I have COMPLETED the Wing Mau beetle series (I received the typical morph of Adalia bipunctata in the lot as well, but didn't image it). I plan on reviewing the complete set for the Blog in the week ahead.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 7:13 am

Nice

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2020 9:56 am

More wonderful models cheers

Hurraaay for NMR_Okapi cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2020 2:10 am

Yes, that a very kind gesture from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a new member entering with a good spirit and showing figures rarely seen. Congratulations for completing this set, it is a very interesting one.

PostSubject: Re: Blaine's Bug of the Day   Blaine's Bug of the Day - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blaine's Bug of the Day
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Collections-
Jump to: