Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!

Go down 
+15
pipsxlch
lucky luke
donny ong
Bowhead Whale
widukind
Tarunyada
Jennypurr
gryphonguy
NandO
LeeAnn
JamesPanda
Duck-Anch-Amun
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Roger
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Vote in the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range
Australian brushturkey (Alectura lathami)
Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 12 ]
Comb-crested jacana (Irediparra gallinacea)
Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 7 ]
Common spotted cuscus (Spilocuscus maculatus)
Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 27 ]
Bird-of-paradise, (Family Paradisaeidae)
Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 26 ]
Perentie (Varanus giganteus)
Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 18 ]
Superb lyrebird (Menura novaehollandiae)
Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 18 ]
Tiger quoll (Dasyurus maculatus)
Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 14 ]
Ursine tree-kangaroo (Dendrolagus ursinus)
Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 15 ]
Western long-beaked echidna (Zaglossus bruijni)
Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 7 ]
Zebra finch (Taeniopygia guttata)
Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 155

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 7:47 am

Rita1992 wrote:
I like Greater bird-of-paradise Very Happy

So two animals at the first place for now: Common spotted cuscus and Greater bird of Paradise... What a suspense bounce
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 8:37 am

Rita1992 wrote:

I am just in doubt. The picture...is it a Greater bird-of-paradise ?  study scratch

Isn't it a Red pird-of-paradise , which is not Australian ?

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Rita1992 wrote:

So two animals at the first place for now: Common spotted cuscus and Greater bird of Paradise... What a suspense bounce

I own that little yowie common spotted cuscus, but compared to pictures, it seems that it doesn´t really fit study There aren´t enough spots, so a more acurate figurine would be very interesting :)
But I still hope, that the paradise bird and the lyrebird can win this competition cheers There aren´t enough exotic birds available :)

For the picture, I think Susanne is right scratch
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 3:20 pm

Duck-Anch-Amun wrote:

For the picture, I think Susanne is right scratch

In my opinion that is ok, - it is a stunning bird !

Also it doesn't have tose thin, black feathers which must be almost impossible to make in a model Very Happy

Should I change the pictures ?

JamesPanda

JamesPanda

Country/State : India

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Yes Susanne !! The two leading birds are not easy figures to make in model form but it would be exciting if possible !!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 pm

JamesPanda wrote:
Yes Susanne !! The two leading birds are not easy figures to make in model form but it would be exciting if possible !!

Here is a nice pose that I found  Very Happy cheers drunken bounce Idea

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JamesPanda

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Absolutely beautiful !!! Luc !! We may get another !!

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 6:34 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Rita1992 wrote:

I am just in doubt. The picture...is it a Greater bird-of-paradise ?  study scratch

Acctually the most BOP species are endemic to New Guinea and close islands around it, as far as I know only two Riflebird species (Ptiloris paradiseus and Ptiloris victoriae) occur in Australia.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 1:19 am

widukind wrote:
Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:
A owner of a other small brand ask me also what my suggestion is for his next model. So i hope that we can see in the future a bird of paradise :)

Andreas, could you invite that person to interact with our community? I also have my personal suggestions but I always favor the group and I believe you'd like too. Sometimes it has the desired result as it happened with Mojö where my personal suggestion, the giant sable antelope, ended being the winner. Laughing The funny part is that I was checking the votation until the last minute wishing the sabe to beat the gaur and now, even if I like the sable very much, the gaur is just one of my favorite figures o ever. Laughing

I can ask him, he told me he is (the owner?) Wenno. They have a few interesting figurines but they are always available in sets.

Great! Wenno has still a big step to go and surely they could explod in this hobby through a closer cooperation with STS. Actually, I have millions of ideas to interesting sets. Mainly those about limited geographic regions with unusual and endangered animals that are unknown to children but surely would work very atractive as toys and as collectibles.
Back to this poll, I can't tell that it is already the 4th most participated poll of ever and it hasn't ended yet. It is going very exciting too! bounce bounce

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 5:50 am

arafan wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
Rita1992 wrote:

Acctually the most BOP species are endemic to New Guinea and close islands around it, as far as I know only two Riflebird species (Ptiloris paradiseus and Ptiloris victoriae) occur in Australia.

Yes even the greater bird of paradise isn't Australian ..it's Papua new guinea and surrounding islands .. Indonesia

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 5:51 am

lucky luke wrote:
JamesPanda wrote:

Here is a nice pose that I found  Very Happy cheers drunken bounce Idea

The more I look at this figure ... it's magnifico !! Luck is it porcelain or resin or plastic?

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 7:52 am

Rita1992 wrote:

Oh yes, it could be the first figurine of that specie :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 8:26 am

JamesPanda wrote:

Yes even the greater bird of paradise isn't Australian ..it's Papua new guinea and surrounding islands .. Indonesia

So actually any Bird-of-paradise may be disqualified , as they are not Australian  according to Wikipedia Shocked

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:36 am

SUSANNE wrote:
JamesPanda wrote:

So actually any Bird-of-paradise may be disqualified , as they are not Australian  according to Wikipedia Shocked

That's all my fault, when I entered this thread, I was so short in time that I asked Christophe's help to enter all pictures and I haven't checked with enough rigor the geographic area of all species in this poll. pale
There are some birds of Paradise endemic from Australia, we can read in that Wikipedia entry that unless 2 riflebirds are exclusively found in Australia and even a manucode. It is also important to notice that when the radiation of all these species started, New Guinea and Australia were not separated yet. However, I believe the greater bird-of-paradise shouldn't belong to this poll once it is not found in Australia and that was the only requirement of the company's representative that is in touch with me.
It means that when you all are voting in a bird-of-Paradise, the decision of the company may result in an Australian species, namely the Victoria riflebird that you can see below and that is less spectacular than most of other species. So, if you wish, you can just cancel your vote and choose another option instead.

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:
JamesPanda wrote:

That's all my fault, when I entered this thread, I was so short in time that I asked Christophe's help to enter all pictures and I haven't checked with enough rigor the geographic area of all species in this poll. pale
There are some birds of Paradise endemic from Australia, we can read in that Wikipedia entry that unless 2 riflebirds are exclusively found in Australia and even a manucode. It is also important to notice that when the radiation of all these species started, New Guinea and Australia were not separated yet. However, I believe the greater bird-of-paradise shouldn't belong to this poll once it is not found in Australia and that was the only requirement of the company's representative that is in touch with me.
It means that when you all are voting in a bird-of-Paradise, the decision of the company may result in an Australian species, namely the Victoria riflebird that you can see below and that is less spectacular than most of other species. So, if you wish, you can just cancel your vote and choose another option instead.

Right thing to do Roger !!

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Roger, it is not your fault, it is everybody's fault, if it is a fault at all Wink

arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 2:52 pm

Yes, they aren't really spectacular compared to other species, but among all the BOP it definitley has one of the most interessting display rituals:

Maybe it's possible to do it in that way?

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Some male birds are really crazy Laughing

But it surely is a spectacular bird ! I think it is a good idea to take him instead cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 5:46 pm

Science and Nature already released 12 small bird figures more a owl for large series. All of them are in very simple poses, all with folded wings so I don't expect S&N will make a bird-of-paradise in such a complex pose. Likely something more similar to the picture I posted. It is a beautiful bird anyway but I think it is good to take in consideration what is the usual designs of the brand. Next Sunday votation will end, you have a cancel button if you want to change your decision whatever it is.
Susanne, thanks for your support! flower I updated the picture of the bird-of-paradise to a Victoria's riflebird. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Hmmmm, someone removed its vote in the echidna, maybe it will be used later to the last minute decision. scratch Poll is ending tomorrow so hurry up if you haven't voted yet. bounce bounce

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 3:38 pm

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 12:37 am

... and the winner is ...
COMMON SPOTTED CUSCUS!!!
Spilocuscus maculatus

155 votes is a very good performance and I want to thank everyone that voted.
I remember that our maximum of votes was 156 in two different polls during 2015.
It was probably the most competitive poll of ever, being the winner decided only in the last moments. And it couldn't be more but some votes were moved to the two main candidats on last days.
A lesson is that 9 days is too long for a poll like this one once last days the number of votes was residual and our community can surely do a good performance in fewer days.
Science and Nature will be informed of the results and I'll give you feedback about their reactions and further developments.
A completely new project takes a long time to take shape so don't expect to see this animal in Science and Nature's range in a short time.
I really love these initiatives and when collectors and companies act together. It was exciting when in 2011 we [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to be included in Mojö Fun range. 56 votes only at that time.
I hope this topic and these choices also are used as reference to other manufacturers as it happened with the Mojö's poll. I believe it gives a good feedback of what are collectors wishes regardless the company. I also hope other species here listed will be released in toy shape, being it from Science and Nature or not.
As our forum is visited by other company representatives, I challenge these makers to be as brave as Science and Nature and Mojö Fun and donnot fear initiatives like these. Contacting us is enough.
Congratulations STS friends, again you wrote a little of the history of this industry and in future, we may look to a figure and say: - it was our choice! cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 am

Ranking final:

1º Common spotted cuscus, 27 votes
2º Bird-of-paradise, 26 votes
3º Perentie, 18 votes
3º Superb lyrebird, 18 votes
5º Ursine tree-kangaroo, 15 votes
6º Tiger quoll, 14 votes
7º Australian brushturkey, 12 votes
8º Zebra finch, 11 votes
9º Western long-beaked echidna, 7 votes
9º Comb-crested jacana, 7 votes

I'd love to have your feedback about the results and suggestions about the initiative. bounce bounce

JamesPanda

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 5:15 am

Roger wrote:
Ranking final:

1º Common spotted cuscus, 27 votes
2º Bird-of-paradise, 26 votes
3º Perentie, 18 votes
3º Superb lyrebird, 18 votes
5º Ursine tree-kangaroo, 15 votes
6º Tiger quoll, 14 votes
7º Australian brushturkey, 12 votes
8º Zebra finch, 11 votes
9º Western long-beaked echidna, 7 votes
9º Comb-crested jacana, 7 votes

I'd love to have your feedback about the results and suggestions about the initiative. bounce bounce

Wonderful participation ( Companies will also realize its a vote coming from different corners of the globe which makes this representation phenomenal ! )

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2017 8:37 am

A very, very exiting election , and a lovely winner cheers

Perhaps the suggestions will inspire for them all eventually ! Very Happy

Thankyou to Roger for great work and to S&N for giving us this chance to be heard Applause Applause

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!   Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vote for the animal you want to see in Science and Nature's range!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next