Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item? Empty
PostSubject: Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item?   Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 4:40 am

Hello! A coincidence... I was just reviewing my wishlist and went through Blip Toys pages on the Wiki and read about this model. The recall link included on the page said you should send the figure back and recieve a replacement with the properly safe paint.

Then today on ebay I saw THIS

Any idea on if you could tell if this was the original recalled model or a replacement? It's a beautiful horse but obviously no ones wants lead poisoning or worse! I sent the recall info link to the seller and explained just in case that this might not be a safe product sell. A curious case to say the least.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item?   Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 7:05 am

Indeed, it is too bad we don't have a pic on TAW to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item?   Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 7:15 am

The recall link on the page on TAW is the same model as the listing.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item?   Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 7:30 am

Embarassed I read the page too fast. Embarassed

I'm not sure Blip Toys made the same horse (without lead) after 2008.

I guess it is dangerous as a toy but not on a collector shelf( I hope you don't taste your figurines Laughing ).
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item?   Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 11:54 am

Oh how interesting! Shocked And yes I think it would be only dangerous if you put it in your mouth, although I'm not sure scratch
But it's a lovely model! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item?   Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 6:51 pm

Well obviously I'm not licking them but I have had dogs and kids get in my collection before so I think I will pass just to be safe. I was mostly just curious if there was any way to tell the difference on the model, what batch it came from to maybe differentiate the safe from the unsafe? I know other brands do this on the stamp underneath the figure but I didn't know if Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD did.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item?   Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item? EmptyFri Jan 08, 2021 7:17 pm

Oh yes- dogs- I hadn't thought of that! Luckily I think major brands use safe material, but like you I'd be really interested to hear what the case is for Blip Toys figures! study I'll have to remember to keep my dogs away from the collection now, just in case!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item?   Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item? Empty

Back to top Go down

Blip Toys/Natures Wonders HD Paint horse... recalled item?
Page 1 of 1