Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround

Go down 
+6
LeeAnn
Night Elf
widukind
trovalsa
sortepletter
onatello
10 posters
AuthorMessage
onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround Empty
PostSubject: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 10:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This year, Breyer released the set of beautiful P.R.E. (Pura Raza Española = Pure Spanish Breed = formerly Andalusian) mare and foal, sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. The molds were released in 2015 as a part of Premier Collection and were called Hermosa and Corazon, so they're quite new, and these are first RR on these molds.
They're supposed to be portrait models of champion Andalusian mare Fantasia Del C and her 2012 filly Gozosa SCS of Origin P.R.E. so they even have brand markings (the Fantasia's one isn't visible at all):

But Breyer haven't resculpt the original male gender of the foal, so it's a colt:
So I call mine "El Principito SCS"

Some photos of both:
Mare is captured in very elegant pose of a trot, so only three tips of hooves are touching a ground, but mine stands perfectly. Her son is proudly cantering by her side (actually and surprisingly he is more wobbly than his mum, cause his right fore leg is bit bent and he tends to fall on some surfaces).  

Perfect body shapes:

And now, seperate photos and comparisons:

First the fantastic Fantasia. She is really fantastic for me, I love Eberl's work, her Cobra mares are very popular, so I'm happy I have some traditional Andalusian by her. I love you
I love the pure white of the mare, though I can't say if she is bare plastic, or basecoat white, as I don't have any other large light grey Breyer. But she does have a chalky apperance and seems to me more bright than for example my Totilas' legs markings, so I believe (and hope) she is basecoat white.
I realized it's a challange to photograph light grey horses not only in the snow, but in general, so I hope you can see all her features and details.

Her head is beautiful, long, with subconvex profile and vital eyes. I like the paintjob around eyes and the white eyelid:
The head is full of details, but I must say the Toto's head is more detailed (he has e.g. wrinkles around mouth and better sculpted nostrils)
The waving mane is also very elegant and again, that profile:

Now, pirouette in a trot:
Just love the pose!
Isn't she just flying?

Size comparison with Toto: as you can see, she is quite small.

And just one bonus detail of a perfect hoof:

And now the son:
Same as the mother, very elegant, with typical Andalusian head and high neck carriage.
His eyes area is very detailed sculpted, with accurate eyewhites, giving him a nice curious and kinda melancholic expression.

I love his shadings, though some hooves and nostrils could be painted more properly.
It's a dressage breed, so he should train a piroutte Very Happy

And a comparison with another foal by Eberl - Cozmic One on Gilen mold:
Both are lovely and elegant, but the difference between Spanish and warmblood is visible. I'm a foal person, I really like foal molds and these two are just adorable.
Here are their portraits, Cozmic have more detailed muzzle, and I really appreciate his deep and black nostrils. Also, his eyes have more vital expression.

Thank you for your attention, I'm sorry for a plenty of photos, I just can't get enough of them.
I was dealing with the colour setting, because of Fantasia's white, so they're maybe a bit darker, and I hope they're not reddish.

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 4:03 pm

A fantastic walkaround with wonderfully crisp photos - thank you! I especially love the comparison between the foals. I must admit my Fantasia and her foal are still in their box Embarassed
Back to top Go down
trovalsa

trovalsa

Country/State : from Portugal to England

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Congratulations on acquiring these beautiful models!! Very Happy These are lovely photos, and very useful as I'm considering buying this set. Thank you! I'm sad they lack a bit of definition on their faces, but they have the soft, kind eyes so characteristic of Eberl sculpts. :)

You might be able to straighten the foalie's leg by dipping it in hot water and gently bending it back into shape!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .: Tomás :.
Back to top Go down
http://blue-skystudios.blogspot.pt
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:19 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:22 pm

sortepletter wrote:
A fantastic walkaround with wonderfully crisp photos - thank you! I especially love the comparison between the foals. I must admit my Fantasia and her foal are still in their box Embarassed
Thank you very much drunken
well, sometimes it happens, I once had a Stablemate in its package for about two months.

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Thank you Andreas and Tom.
I agree, their eyes are very soft and kind! Eberl is my very favourite sculptor, so these were must-have for me.
I've heard about using hot water to straighten models' legs, but I'm quite afraid, what if I break it... On flat hard surface he stands with no problem, but for example on a carpet he has some standing issues.

Last edited by onatello on Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trovalsa

trovalsa

Country/State : from Portugal to England

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 6:17 pm

onatello wrote:
I've heard about using hot water to straighten models' legs, but I'm quite afraid, what if I broke it... On flat hard surface he stands with no problem, but for example on a carpet he has some standing issues.

If you do it very carefully it shouldn't break - if the water is hot enough, the leg should move without resistance. If you feel resistance, don't push! Just leave it in the water for a little bit longer. But you shouldn't leave it for too long or it might melt. I've done it before and I've never had a problem, as long as you don't force it, it'll be fine!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] .: Tomás :.
Back to top Go down
http://blue-skystudios.blogspot.pt
Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 8:59 pm

They are gorgeous! drunken Congrats! cheers

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 10:51 pm

Congrats! I bought the set as well but didn't need the mare, so I sold her and kept the foal Very Happy You are correct too, that the mare is basecoated white Wink

You can correct the bent leg on the foal with a hairdryer if you want Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 7:56 am

They are absolutely wonderful drunken
So much beauty, so much life, so much gentle temperament cheers

Brigitte Eberl is my favorite sculpturer too. No hysterically flashy poses and my-little-pony hairstyles there Laughing

Thankyou for this beautyful walkaround ! Great photos, interesting comments , perfect detail Applause Very Happy

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 9:26 pm

trovalsa wrote:
onatello wrote:
I've heard about using hot water to straighten models' legs, but I'm quite afraid, what if I broke it... On flat hard surface he stands with no problem, but for example on a carpet he has some standing issues.

If you do it very carefully it shouldn't break - if the water is hot enough, the leg should move without resistance. If you feel resistance, don't push! Just leave it in the water for a little bit longer. But you shouldn't leave it for too long or it might melt. I've done it before and I've never had a problem, as long as you don't force it, it'll be fine!

Thank you for the tips, maybe I could try it...

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 9:45 pm

Thank you very much, Jessica, LeeAnn (so happy she is basecoat white, and happy that I recognized it Very Happy) and Susanne (I absolutely agree, some Breyers do have dramatic poses, but the Eberls)

Back to top Go down
Phexedrine

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptySun May 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Thank you for the walkaround, I especially liked the foal mold comparisons. It will also help me consider the right mold for a custom project.

onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptyMon May 15, 2017 3:14 pm

Phexedrine wrote:
Thank you for the walkaround, I especially liked the foal mold comparisons. It will also help me consider the right mold for a custom project.
You're welcome, I'm glad it's useful for you. And thank you for your comment Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptyMon May 15, 2017 9:48 pm

This is surely one of these figures that we spend some minutes rotating it in our hands admiring all details and watching it from all angles. The curious part is that I feel almost a similar experience once your pictures are very good. cheers
PRE are wonderful horses, quite the same as Lusitanos and these are renditions that give justice to them. The mare is surely the harmonious and glamourous white (grey) horses we love to see in Iberian landscapes. It is really a beautiful piece, I only agree that a little more definition could help it. However, I find that foal terrific! The pose, expression and conformation are perfect! Thanks for sharing and congratulations for getting them. Very Happy

Anne from Norway

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptyTue May 16, 2017 7:33 am

Wow, they are seriously beautiful!! I love them!
I have never even seen a Breyer in real life before! Razz
Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptyTue May 16, 2017 4:28 pm

Roger wrote:
This is surely one of these figures that we spend some minutes rotating it in our hands admiring all details and watching it from all angles. The curious part is that I feel almost a similar experience once your pictures are very good. cheers
PRE are wonderful horses, quite the same as Lusitanos and these are renditions that give justice to them. The mare is surely the harmonious and glamourous white (grey) horses we love to see in Iberian landscapes. It is really a beautiful piece, I only agree that a little more definition could help it. However, I find that foal terrific! The pose, expression and conformation are perfect! Thanks for sharing and congratulations for getting them. Very Happy

Thank you very much!
I also agree that a little bit more definition, mostly around mouth and muzzle would be great. They also miss chestnuts. But those are just minor imperfections. And as you wrote they're great representations of the noble and magnificent Spanish breed. Wink

Back to top Go down
onatello

onatello

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround EmptyTue May 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Anne from Norway wrote:
Wow, they are seriously beautiful!! I love them!
I have never even seen a Breyer in real life before! Razz

Thank you!
Once you can see a Breyer in real life, you will want them all...or most of them. I just started with one small Stablemate (also Andalusian by Eberl), but now I have also big Traditional horses. But that's still nothing compared to long-term collectors with hundreds and hundreds and maybe thousands "potatoe chips" Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround   Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround Empty

Back to top Go down

Breyer 2017 Fantasia Del C and Foal Walkaround
Page 1 of 1