Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin Empty
PostSubject: Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin   tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin EmptyThu May 25, 2017 3:42 am

I found this tiger while I was on vacation Shocked . I haven't seen a composition figure in real life before. I see no marks on him, but I'm not sure if most vintage companies would stamp on the belly/ inner leg like modern companies? He has some cracks/chips and looks sort of dirty to me, but I wouldn't dare clean him. Just having a figure like this makes me nervous something will happen to it. I will sell him, he deserves to be where he's known and loved for what he is.
tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin IMG_0807_zpsejxl9i2e
tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin IMG_0809_zpss7vklvm8
tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin IMG_0808_zpsny4g0rzs
tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin IMG_0810_zpsbkygi4n5
tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin IMG_0811_zpswu7yv0bu
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin   tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin EmptyThu May 25, 2017 8:02 am

What a wonderful find cheers

You are right, - actually it was more the rule than the exeption that the composition models were stamped with brand. This makes collection fun or irritating dependant on your temparement Laughing

He has the same pose and holds his tail like the very old elastolin tiger HERE at the bottom right, but the head is different, I think scratch

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin   tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin EmptyThu May 25, 2017 9:09 am

Great catch :)

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin   tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin EmptyThu May 25, 2017 10:03 am

That's a really great find! Very Happy ABout cleaning, I don't know how you can do it but I know from Lesley, that you should not use soap or water. Water is absolutely forbidden once these figures are made of an organic material. So, if it is the 1930 tiger growling as Susanne suggested, I think the best is to keep it with 87 years of dust. Laughing Susanne pointed it correctly, it is hard to tell the authencity of a non marked composition figure but the model is clearly inspired in that Elastolin figure. It may be the original or just one of many copies, I think only an expert can tell it. However, it is a wonderful figure! Very Happy

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin   tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:57 am

Thanks everyone! I will leave him be then. He doesn't feel dirty, just looks dark- where there are chips the color is brighter. If he's 87, he's earned a little fading and cracking. Shocked Wonder how he ended up in a junk shop in the Florida Keys? The stories he could tell!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin   tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin EmptyFri May 26, 2017 7:34 am

Yes !!!! The stories he could tell drunken

75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin   tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin EmptyFri May 26, 2017 8:19 pm

Susanne and Roger you are right, it is definitely a tiger by Elastolin Hausser before 1930 in the brown version.sunny And no contact with water please! Roger has explained all very fine.

pipsxlch

PostSubject: Re: Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin   tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin EmptySat May 27, 2017 2:43 am

Thank you very much, Yvette! Before 1930, now I'm even more freaked out... Shocked affraid Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin   tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin EmptySat May 27, 2017 8:22 am

Gosh !! Imagine if you had sold him to somebody who washed him....or had given him to some child to play with affraid

Or somebody who had repainted him, or somebody who ... no end to the nightmare dangers out there for such an old, wonderful model that just shows his age a bit. What a Face

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin   tiger - Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin Empty

Back to top Go down

Composition tiger - Hausser Elastolin
Page 1 of 1