Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My equine-additions

Go down 
+4
widukind
Songbird
Dum_my
SUSANNE
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

My equine-additions  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 10:27 pm

These old Safari horses were almost unknown to the collecting community. Even collectors of horses were not aware of their range. I almost was able of identifying them when I worked the series on Toy Animal Wiki but, I think horses are the hardest to memorize once they are a lot and often very similar.
It is a fact that some years ago, some Schleich horses, from standard series, if long retired or available for a short time, were very expensive at EBAY. It changed a lot during last years. Now they are not easy to sell but not hard to acquire anymore. There are some exceptions, of course.
I enjoy reading your comments and to see that you collect several different brands. You are a true horse collector. :)

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 11:57 pm

Thanks both of you! As I only collect one animal I’d like to have as brand as possible. By the way I have made a looooot of calendars to complete brand in a logical order but I’m a complete desaster and I buy the models I want in each moment, I don’t care about brands, so all these lists go to the rubish Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Yesterday, my new McDonalds horses arrived at home. I was very surprised with these animals. I wonder for less quality - so I'm very happy with them.

My favourites ones are these that seem dressage horses. I got two: one bay an other like chestnut-buckskin. Although the plastic doesn't seem very good, the anatomy is well done and the colour also is fine. These two also have a blanket.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

My new acquisition includes a friesian horse. I saw in TAI that there are two more "friesians": one grey and other bay. I think this is the more realistic. Also the model is good and the horse looks like a friesian (just a bit)

More rearing up horses for my personal collection Laughing This one is very similar to the Bliptoy rearing up horse (which also is veeeery similar to the Schleich one).

This pinto is also one of the best. The model is "too american" for me (I mean, the anatomy of the horse is similar as US horses and also the animal seems to be in a western pleasure competition) but is always amazing have different models representing different cultures.

And finally, the less realistic (and also the model I don't like it more) The colour is awful (specially with all the other models are very realistics) and the position doesn't help at all. The face is strange and the marks in the body pretending to be fur makes the horse older or hurt.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 8:58 pm

Here are
your McDonald's horses! Very Happy So, my favorite is the Frisian. For me it works very well for that breed and the horse is generally very elegant. I love the pose, hairy parts,etc. Obviously being a Friesian, the black color works realistic on it. Though, something interesting, before MPV had released the famous White/grey Friesian based on Schleich's figure, Donalds made it first. The doubt is if McD marketed them to the breed level or not. scratch

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 07, 2017 9:22 pm

I have missed a lot of your horses! Sad i'm sorry,
i have seen them all now in this topic, what a lot of wondefull and seen never before horses for me!
That white schleich riding horse china ''wanne be'' made me laugh.. he is not even bad!
Wondefull tat you type so much about the horses and make nice pictures.

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Thanks friends!

More more mooooore!!!

Four new horses have arrived today to my big stable!

I bought this little pack because I was specially interested in this one. The horse was included in Papo jumping set. The set includes a rider and also an obstacle. Any of them were available but I decided to buy the horse anyway. The model is fine. I think is one of the best models made by Papo in this years. The head and the body is well done, very sporty. The colour is quite boring. Braids are well done, I like this point. But the model has two important problems: the hands are glued to the body and, which is more important, it is impossible to stand up the horse without help because the feet don't touch the floor (only one little part of the hooves)

The same girl who had the Papo jumping horse has also an other interesting animals so I couldn't resist. I bought also this little Papo Friesian foal. I'm a bit tired about Friesians, I have to admit. As tinkers, this is one breed that all the companies make again and again. This foal is very similar than other Papo figurines of these years: strange position is like its "late motiv" Anatomy is also good (maybe quite thin to be a Friesian)

I found also one of the old Papo jewels: the Lusitano. The model is quite similar than the Safari one. The horse is like tense and bit uncomfortable. This one is more "robust" than Safari. This poor guy suffered a lot. As you can see, the model has a lot of scratches and he looses one ear. And his hooves are very long!

And finally there was a Schleich also. I haven't buy this model before because is the same as the Schleich lipizzan mare I have already. The model isn't so good for me so I have any incentive to get him. But as I had to pay shipping cost I asked myself: why not? So here he is! I think I prefer the mare coat but this one isn't bad also.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 12:19 am

Now that you
pointed to it... you are right, the Friesian foal looks a lot like other Papo. Laughing All brand have their own style, isn't it? I like the jumping horse, despite these flaws, it is an interesting piece, I guess. About your Lusitano, once I thought, as I am Portuguese, I will make a collection of horses with all Lusitanos released. They are not many actually but that was just a vague idea. I do have the Schleich Lusitano special edition and that's enough. Lipis have always a little problem, they look quite similar and there is another lipi to join your collection although it is a Holsteiner. What? Laughing

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 11, 2017 11:07 am

Thank you Roger!! Yeah, I totally agree. Sometimes I don't remember which specific animal is one figurine but seeing how it was made I can guess which brand it belongs. I think this is something good, because if all brands have the same design we only need one company. And if you are a fan of just one animal (as me with horses or you with foxes) having different ways to understand how an animal is, is also a big point for me: you can see different ways to "copy" this brand into a model. For me it's just a bit like art movements: each art school have a different way to understand the world and also the art and they put it in their work.

I know Papo loves strange positions and don't look after anatomy too much. Safari makes their horses with very visible angles and small faces. Collecta loves tall figurines (as el Greco Laughing ) and Schleich... well, I prefer not to talk about that... Embarassed

Lusitano is a very interesting breed. Unfortunately, it isn't very popular among Spain and Portugal so brands conform to make something similar as an Andalusian with bay coat. The Lusitano Schleich SE is the best, in my opinion. CollectA one is also great and maybe it is the one which best capture which is a lusitano...

Lippis look like the same because they always use the same coat (I know they only can be grey, but brands always put a white coat) but if you look them carefully you discover that, for example, Papo lippizan (not this one, the mare which is also in pinto coat) is veeeery different than CollectA rearing up lippizan)

This holsteiner Schleich model is one of the best models Schleich made, in my opinion. So it's great to have it again with different colour (and different bred!)
Back to top Go down
barracudacat

barracudacat

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 6:09 pm

Very impressive collection! You really seem to have some of the best horses from every company.

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 11:13 pm

barracudacat wrote:
Very impressive collection!  You really seem to have some of the best horses from every company.

Thanks! For my point of view, a Lot of models are still missing, but you are right, my collection is growing each day!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 9:16 am

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 4:52 pm

Thanks widukind :)

Yesterday two packages arrived from Germany. First of them was my last purchase to Maja-Maus; a lot of SE schleichs!

I found also a seller in facebook with a lot of schleichs. I wasn't so convinced to buy anything until I saw this figurine, THIS! The amazing, strange and totally stunning eventing set. It was so cheap so I bought it quickly. I added other two figurines to my purchase: the old chestnut icelandic horse and one little and beautiful Papo foal (Which I really don't know which one it is,because he isn't in TAI)

The set has three parts: the horse (with the saddle and the bridle) the rider and the jump. The original model has a plastic structure to support the horse  in the air; my model hasn't got but I can put the horse, as you can see, in the jump and looks realistic also. The model is fantastic, perfect. It has a lot of details (as the watch the rider has, the number also in the horse bridle, the saddle...)
Back to top Go down
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 15, 2017 4:58 pm

Congratulations with your additions! Very Happy I especially like the old Schleich Icelandic horse and the lying Papo foal; what a cutie drunken

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 12:05 am

Thanks for your very interesting post before this last batch of figures. I agree with everything you said. I only haven't understood to which Papo Lipi were you referring. scratch
Congratulations again for this last group. I hope Susanne sees it, if that foal is missing on TAI, we must find a way to put it. Very Happy

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 11:58 am

Thanks friends! Roger, I was talking about this mare (http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Papo_51098_Lipizzan_Mare) which is also made in a pinto version (this model had two foals, one sucking and the other biting his back; both also available in "white" -lipizzan- and in "pinto" coat)

Finally, I have decided to buy some animals to Recur so I hope to go back here soon with new pictures!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 6:01 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 12:39 am

Songbird wrote:
Thanks friends! Roger, I was talking about this mare (http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Papo_51098_Lipizzan_Mare) which is also made in a pinto version (this model had two foals, one sucking and the other biting his back; both also available in "white" -lipizzan- and in "pinto" coat)

Finally, I have decided to buy some animals to Recur so I hope to go back here soon with new pictures!

Ah, OK! Very Happy Looking forward to see your new RECUR. Very Happy

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 10:06 am

Thanks! I know I have to be patient when I buy something in AliExpress but I can't waaaaaait!!!
Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 7:55 pm

New additions arrived :)

I bought two SE to Yvette. First of all, I want to say than you to her. It is always a pleasure buying to someone who send the package very fast, who answer messages...

The two horses I have added to my collection are the pinto rearing horse and the lusitano SE.

The lusitano is one of my totally must-it in Muller editions. Lusitanos can have special coat, as palominos, so the colour is perfect. I like this coat more than the other. Maybe this model has less shadows, but he is still ok. The colour sometimes looks quite artificial also. Here you can see a perfect white mark: the palomino colour disappears step by step (not as, for example, the new models, where the white colour suddenly appears)

The pinto is just amazing. I love rearing horses (although I have to recognize they aren't the best moulds) and I'm trying to find all of them. So this one should be in my collection. This one is my second best coat for this figurine. I think the Chinese one is the best, but this one is also fine. Colours are sharp, shadows are well done...

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 9:38 pm

Congratulations with these two wonderful, rarities cheers
I love your comparison pictures Applause

And, yes ! Yvette is a first price person in many, many ways Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 12:12 am

If Yvette tentacles arrived in your collection. You are from now absolutely blessed. santa These two special editions are really special. I have the Lusitano SE... from YVette too. Wihtout her it could be almost impossible to get it... the Pinto is also great and I also enjoy a lot your comparison pictures. Very Happy

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 10:03 am

Yesterday I found a plastic bag with three horses in a Chinese bazar. Their quality is very bad; I bought them because they are made with Schleich moulds.

Here you can see them. Unfortunately some of my Schleichs are in boxes, so I couldn't take pictures comparing the original with the copy

First, the "yellow" quarter horse.

Here, the camargue stallion. The poor guy has his leg broken

And I found also a copy of the pinto stallion. It's funny that I have already a Chinese copy of him

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 7:37 pm

cheers

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 08, 2017 1:58 pm

Here is a classic example of a knock off with the consequent quality detraction of the original. However, although not recommendable their purchase, they also tell a part of the history of these models.

Songbird

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 15, 2017 7:18 pm

Today a big BIG BIG BIIIIIIG box arrived at home. Few days ago I found a fantastic woman who had a lot of animals for sell. I acquired so many horses, but a lot of animals are still available. I think I need a couple of days to show you all of them lol!

I have received a Classic Breyer as a gift also cheers

I found this guy, which is still a jewel although he hasn't got one hoof.

To be continued Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My equine-additions    My equine-additions  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My equine-additions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next