Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Songbird

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale) Empty
PostSubject: Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale)   Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale) EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 11:17 am

Few weeks ago, this jewell arrived at home.

This is my second Traditional Breyer figurine and I think I couldn't find a better model cheers

The model was made for Salinero, but it fits well with Mistral Hojris, because the chestnut gelding is also a brawny horse.

Just a bit info about the horse.

Mistral Hojris, also known as Alf, was born in 1995, when Laura Bechtolsheimer was only 10. Their fantastic career started in 2005, in European Championships for Junior and Young Riders. In this Championship, they won the team silver medal and also the bronze individual medal.

In 2009, when Laura was only 24, the pair was in the British Team which won the silver medal in the European Championships. This is a very hard goal, specially knowing in dressage it isn't usual to compete with the same horse in Youth categories than in the adults one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Photo: Dressage News

In 2010, they returned at home from World Equestrian Championships with three silver medals.

Also in 2011 they were in the crowd: silver team medal and also a bronze medal in European Championships.

Photo: pinterest

In 2012, Olympic Games were celebrated at home, in London. Mistral Hojris was 17, so his retirement was near. These ingredients make the London arena the best place for achieve one gold medal. And the dream came true! British were team Olympic Medal and Laura and Alf won also the bronze medal Applause Applause Applause

Their kur (the music performance) was very funny and quite inusual in dressage: they danced with The Lion King songs!

Photo: Zimbio

So, let's see what Breyer made :)

As I wrote, the model was made for Salinero, but I think the horses are quite similar.

Photo: Live For the Equestrian Games / dressage news

So, here it is :)

The figurine has a lot of details.

Two sides are beautiful

I fell in love with his expression. The horse is in piaffe, one of the most difficult dressage movements. And this piaffe is a very good one: lot of energy, legs very up... but look this expression! The horse is totally relaxing and doing for her rider!

Comparing Breyer Alf and real Alf doing piaffe

Photo: horsetalk

Extra: Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The biggest and the smallest

I hope you enjoy the topic flower
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale)   Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale) EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Congrats

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
75senta75

75senta75

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale)   Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale) EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 5:43 pm

Wow! Many thanks for these very, very great presentation with a lot of fine photos and very good informations! cheers sunny I love you

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale)   Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale) EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 7:19 pm

75senta75 wrote:
Wow! Many thanks for these very, very great presentation with a lot of fine photos and very good informations! cheers sunny I love you

I totally agree, - very interesting cheers

Congratulations with your new, beautyful model flower

onatello

onatello

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale)   Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale) EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 11:40 pm

Congratulations! He is on a first mold that amazing Brigitte Eberl has sculpted for Breyer and surely is one of the most elegant and beautiful Breyer molds. He has that melancholic eyes typical for Eberl's horses.
I think they have chosen the right mold for portrait of Alf, they look very similar. And his chestnut colour is stunning! Recently I got chestnut pinto on this mold and I really love him, so enjoy your new model Wink

Ars Animalium on facebook
I am Ars Animalium on Insta
Back to top Go down
Songbird

Songbird

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale)   Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale) EmptyTue Aug 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Thank you so much! I really love this model :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale)   Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mistral Hojris (Traditional scale)
Page 1 of 1