Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison

Go down 
+4
Kikimalou
Dutch Bear
NightLioness
Roger
8 posters
AuthorMessage
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison Empty
PostSubject: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:39 am

This is the National Wildlife Federation-branded brown bear that was released at Dairy Queen restaurants. It is part of a group of animals that attach to bases representing different continents, copyrighted 1996. I acquired the brown bear and jaguar at that time, and they have remained a couple of my favorite animal toys. Pictures of this bear seem to be absent online, so let's have a look:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A.R.Garcia

Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:57 am

Here's a comparison with its companion, the Nature Techni Colour brown bear. While the NTC bear has impeccable proportions and detail, the NWF bear has more interesting coloration and a special bearishness to its bearing.
I love you

With CollectA adult and Schleich cub...

…as well as Yowies and Safari toob versions...

…and finally with the jaguar:

I hope you enjoyed looking. Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 11:40 am

Wow, very very interesting. It is like in the past as we see often new things. Do you have more informations? Do you know the other figurines??

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 1:33 pm

Andreas is right. Your topics are always very interesting and we always learn something new. Defintively bears are getting popular these last days. Very Happy

NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Fantastic little bear, love the concept!
Great size with the Kiran Club one, so cute together!

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Awwww he is very cute.
This recute may report to Bear HQ anytime.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm glad you guys like the walkaround. Andreas, I thought I saw something about them on the forum once in the past, but can't find it again. I got this bear and the jaguar (South America) from the local Dairy Queen at the time, and sometime later I ended up with the Koala (Australia) secondhand without the base. Walkarounds for those two are coming. I think there is a wolverine for Europe, and maybe a Panda for Asia and elephant for Africa? scratch  

Rogério, hopefully I will be sharing more topics/pictures now that I've switched to Postimage- I had no idea the alternatives ran so much smoother than Photobucket (for now at least).

Dutch Bear, I wish I had gotten more of all the animals when they were available, then a bear would certainly be migrating to the great colony in the Netherlands. Smile  He does have a charming face.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Very "good old days" topic cheers Thank you Andy!

I like very much the comparison pics with the Kitan bear. By the way I didn't imagine the Yowie bear was so small.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 8:39 pm

A.R.Garcia wrote:
I'm glad you guys like the walkaround. Andreas, I thought I saw something about them on the forum once in the past, but can't find it again. I got this bear and the jaguar (South America) from the local Dairy Queen at the time, and sometime later I ended up with the Koala (Australia) secondhand without the base. Walkarounds for those two are coming. I think there is a wolverine for Europe, and maybe a Panda for Asia and elephant for Africa? scratch  

Rogério, hopefully I will be sharing more topics/pictures now that I've switched to Postimage- I had no idea the alternatives ran so much smoother than Photobucket (for now at least).

Dutch Bear, I wish I had gotten more of all the animals when they were available, then a bear would certainly be migrating to the great colony in the Netherlands. Smile  He does have a charming face.

Thank you, yes i remeber me that i know a pic of the wolverine, i believe Jarda is the owner. :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 3:37 am

Interesting information of this set.

Thanks for sharing. sunny

A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 9:41 am

widukind wrote:

Thank you, yes i remeber me that i know a pic of the wolverine, i believe Jarda is the owner. :)

Found the discussion cheers  from the Show Us Your Rarities topic (pg. 7). I'll leave the link here for reference:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So, the group includes a brown bear, jaguar, koala, wolverine, giant panda, African elephant, and emperor penguin. There are also ID cards- if I can find mine I will add images to the walkaround.

Kikimalou wrote:

By the way I didn't imagine the Yowie bear was so small.

Yes, it goes pretty well with the Safari toob one.

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Thank you :) good and bad informations. Good i dont need the species bad there are no special species Wink

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison EmptyTue Aug 15, 2017 11:58 am

Ups ! I missed this one Shocked

What a lovely little bear, and a wonderful presentation ! Thankyou very much cheers

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison   Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison Empty

Back to top Go down

Dairy Queen National Wildlife Federation Brown Bear- walkaround/comparison
Page 1 of 1