Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:17 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
This is a review of the entire set of the Butterfly Nature Tube by K&M - Wild Republic.

There are 12 figures in the set. Physically, and the design of several, are clearly influenced by the Butterflies Collectors Case by Safari LTD. The figures have a 60 mm wingspan on average. There are no names, neither on the figures themselves nor on any accompanying paperwork. I have broken the figures below into three categories:

A) Confident Identifications. These are where I am pretty sure I have identified the species or genus correctly.
B) Suggestive Identifications. These I think I am on the right page for their IDs. I have recently bought an atlas on butterflies to assist in their identifications, but I have not been able to confirm them all.
C) Not a Clue. These figures I cannot ID to the genus or species level; some may not have even been modeled after actual species. I am not a lepidopterist, so I am not sure.

If anyone can confirm, correct, or expand upon my identifications, PLEASE do so :). I can edit the thread as needed.

12., swallowtail, NOS
This may or may not (favoring the latter) even be painted after actual species.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Look what I found: a picture of a mexican species, SIPROETA SUPERBA. Doesn't it look like our unknown black butterfly with white stripes?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:36 pm

that works for me!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 8:39 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
that works for me!

OK, that's another species identified. Now, for that black butterfly with yellow stripes... study
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 09, 2017 9:28 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
that works for me!

OK, that's another species identified. Now, for that black butterfly with yellow stripes... study

the best I can come up with is Graphium deucalion.
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 1:43 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
that works for me!

The australian butterfly? Yes, I did come across that species during my researches, but I continued looking just in case I found something else that fitted. But up to now, it is indeed the only one that looks enough like the toy. So, Graphium deucalion it will be? Smile
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 1:45 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
Bowhead Whale wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
that works for me!

The australian butterfly? Yes, I did come across that species during my researches, but I continued looking just in case I found something else that fitted. But up to now, it is indeed the only one that looks enough like the toy. So, Graphium deucalion it will be? Smile

Yup, I will update the first post accordingly. I think we got them all, thanks for your tremendous help!
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 1:52 am

You're welcome. But we still have our caterpillars to identify...
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 12:19 pm

Your new identifications were now updated on TAI page. Thanks for your effort! Very Happy

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Thank you! Yet I Wonder why I was the only one here who volunteered to help identifying those butterflies: sometimes, the job was really hard and I would have enjoyed a little help from other members. But now, I am releaved and proud: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Last edited by Bowhead Whale on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Bowhead Whale wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
I do similar Google search tactics, sometimes they work sometimes they don't. These companies love to copy one-another, so often figuring out one in one series helps be ID another in a different series. For example, I probably never would have identified the Toy Major Cymothoe sangris if Safari hadn't included one in their Butterflies TOOB.

Put your Google search to work here. I am trying to identify some caterpillars

For another generic set, I am having trouble with these. Could be butterflies or moths; a lepidopteran friend of mine who studies caterpillar behavior thinks they are all butterflies...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Could the third Caterpillar of the picture be this one: EILEMA COMPLANA? The imago is a weird-looking moth, grey in color, with orange borders.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Changes to numbers 10 and 11 with help from Isidro on ATF.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 12:13 am

Thanks for updating this topic. I fixed it on TAI according with the new identifications. Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 8:50 am

Bowhead Whale wrote:
Thank you! Yet I Wonder why I was the only one here who volunteered to help identifying those butterflies: sometimes, the job was really hard and I would have enjoyed a little help from other members. But now, I am releaved and proud: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Great work cheers
Sorry I didn't help at all. I just have not got the visual fantasy to do such IDs geek

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 1:33 pm

Interesting figurines

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)   Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Review: Butterfly Nature Tube (K&M International - Wild Republic)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2